Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
G. Foreman to play Jagger (Read 1,508 times)
MaineMotels
Ex Member

G. Foreman to play Jagger
Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:00am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
From Casualty to Jagger
teletext.co.uk
Aug 1, 2008

Teletext has learned that Gregory Foreman from Casualty (he plays Charlie Fairhead's son Louis) is to play Mick Jagger in a new Stones film.

Foreman revealed his new role to a journalist while queuing up to see The Dark Knight in London.

The actor is almost the spitting image of the rock star. No further details are available about the project which is not listed on movies website Imdb.

« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:16pm by Ten Thousand Motels »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Gregory Foreman to play Jagger
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:07am
Blank Frigging Stare

Phew! I misread that headline as GEORGE FOREMAN!

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:09am
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:00am:
From Casualty to Jagger
teletext.co.uk
Aug 1, 2008

Teletext has learned that Gregory Foreman from Casualty (he plays Charlie Fairhead's son Louis) is to play Mick Jagger in a new Stones film.

Foreman revealed his new role to a journalist while queuing up to see The Dark Knight in London.

The actor is almost the spitting image of the rock star.

Must have been a lot of phlegm in that spit.....

... ... ...
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:09am
Gazza wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:07am:
Blank Frigging Stare

me too. though if cate blanchett can play bob dylan, why can't a black former boxer play mick? why?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:18am
mojoman wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:09am:
Gazza wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:07am:
Blank Frigging Stare

me too. though if cate blanchett can play bob dylan, why can't a black former boxer play mick? why?

Stop it! The visual image of Big George doing the cockdance is too upsetting! you made a grown man cry

... ... ...
IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:13pm
It mentions a new Stones film, that's interesting, how come no movie has ever been made about The Stones??? about their life story, they did this with The Beatles, Backbeat, but never about The Stones, unless you want to include that film, Stoned, more about Brian Jones, but no real film about The band, but it all goes down to if the Stones want it made or not.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Re: G. Foreman to play Jagger
Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:26pm
Who's gonna play Keith? Johnny Depp?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 1:29pm
Heart Of Stone wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:13pm:
It mentions a new Stones film, that's interesting, how come no movie has ever been made about The Stones??? about their life story, they did this with The Beatles, Backbeat, but never about The Stones, unless you want to include that film, Stoned, more about Brian Jones, but no real film about The band, but it all goes down to if the Stones want it made or not.

A few reasons, most notably

1) Theyre still going, so the story isnt 'over' and is therefore less interesting and marketable
2) The amount of money required to securing the publishing rights for the band's music for an unauthorised film would be astronomical.
3) To quote "Too Much Blood" - 'truth is stranger than fiction...'

... ... ...
IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 4:42pm
whatever happens with this effort i sure as shit hope the guy can act better than mick....and that is not very hard to do.  i'll probably watch it regardless.

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #9 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:00pm
Heart Of Stone wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:13pm:

as gazza says truth is tranger than fiction yet  that only confirms there is a story to be told but it would be a difficult one to tell through a film imho - a lot of important nuances could get lost in the translation

while the stones story is full of drama what they stand  for or what they mean is heavy, complex and not very clear - unlike the beatles, say, whose story has a clear almost predicatable thread and despite their vastness as a phenomenon deals in fairly simple propositions - all you need is love indeed - the stones on the other hand have always been more comfortable with  the murkier uncertanties of life - every cop, after all , is a criminal... and what is clear is not always very nice  - plus , again as gazza noted, the story isn't over yet...

still someone like tarantino could probably make a rattling good yarn about the stones from the end of WWII to Altamont - it would end, after rising on the high tides and the green grass, through a glass darkly, like some Greek tragedy, on a huge downer... with the ever-mysterious watery death of Brian followed by the clear cut bloody killing of meredith hunter closing  with a shot of mick flying out of the US off into the distance for st. tropez  and a south american bride with a suitcase full of the Large Green $$$$ to set up his stall as  the proto type '70s rock star celebrity jet setter - now there's a morality play for you!!

but  it's the supporting roles of people lesser known that make the story as much as the band themselves  Oldham, Stu, Klein, Keylock, Shirley Arnold, Anita and Marianne - and what was the name of that copper who busted everybody in the 60's who was later done for corruption ( and there you have it, some cops,at least, are criminals) ... Pilcher was it??
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:30pm by stonedinaustralia »  

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Aussie land
Reply #10 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 5:07am
The trouble with the Stones is there is far too much stuff to try to cover. The only real way would be a mini series. I would love to see something dedicated to the early days. Say, from the start to Satisfaction. Ya gotta include the Edith Grove days. People seem to forget the guys were more or less starving. And the hatred towards them by the music establishment is really something stunning. The old Jazz guys, club/pub owners, cafe people - frigging EVERYONE hated them!! Except for people with good taste. Reading the "in their own words" book, it is amazing how despised they were.

Which brings me to something i meant to bring up last week. One of our news channels did a thing on Jagger turning 64. They showed some Pommy news item. Had a bunch of old sheila's singing happy birthday to Mick. And they interviewed some old codger who said he worked with Jagger sorting mail for the Her Royal Majesties Postal Service.

Trouble is, i cannot recall EVER reading about Mick working for the post office.

Did he? Or was the old bastard just pulling everyone's leg.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

luxury
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 6:30am
Ha! George Foreman the grill-maker...well, Mick always did harbor a desire to be black.

Maybe this is in reference to that project with Scorsese The Long Play, or something like that--about a rock star and roadie switching identities, or am I all confused?

&&

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #12 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 11:42am
Speaking of black people playing Mick, there was a band in the 60's called Love, their lead singer, Arthur Lee, did a perfect Mick impression, I loved this band, they were Jim Morrison favorite band from that time period.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #13 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 6:38pm
"Love" was a great band....Smiley A friend of mine played a few gigs with Arthur Lee, not long after he was released from prison, and not long before he passed away...

If "they" could pull it off, and be factual about it, I would love to see "The Rolling Stones Story, 1936-1969", or something like that. The early story. It's really an amazing story! And it could be well done. But I'm not holding my breath. Roll Eyes

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)