Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
10 Years Gone By. (Read 811 times)
JumpingKentFlash
Rocks Off Regular

SHARKS WILL CRY!!!!

Horsens, Denmark
10 Years Gone By.
Jul 29th, 2008 at 4:52am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Today it's my 10th anniversary as a fan of the Rolling Stones.

I well remember my first gig. My dad raved that it was gonna be this and that all the time in the train. I thought that it might be good, but wasn't really thinking much of it. We got to Copenhagen and walked around the city, before finally settling at a hotdog stand outside in the park next to Parken Stadium. Then it started raining. One of the guys from the hotdog stand sold us big black trash bags to make into raincoats. Then we got inside the gig. The sun began to shine. The Seahorses came on and sucked Cheesy. As my dad had done with my older brother (Whom he took to the 1995 gig, and also asked me, but I SAID NO. I could still kill myself over this today) he said that the Stones played a bit louder than the Seahorses. This was to trick me, so i got a surprise over the MASSIVE sound I experienced.
Then the sky grew darker. On came the show. The fireball and BAM. As the universe was born with a big bang, I was born as a Stonesfan with a big bang and then Satisfaction. I didn't cry, but a tear came from my eye from the fire on the stage (I stood right up against the b-stage, Ronnie's side). I stood there with my mouth wide open and a blank friggin' stare. Great gig. As it ended, I was jumping and screaming along to Brown Sugar. That was the first gig.
http://www.iorr.org/rew98/copen.htm
From here on, I started buying albums. First batch was Jump Back, Still Life and Voodoo Lounge.
Then on to 2003 when they came to Copenhagen again. I bought tix for myself, 2 brothers and my dad. Also a great gig, and I was crying during Midnight Rambler. I just couldn't hold it back. Screaming along to Don't Stop, which was a hit for me at the time. This was my younger brother's first gig. I remember it as a show that started a bit slow, but got going after the 4th song (DS). And Jesus heck they did a great Street Fighting Man.
http://www.iorr.org/tour03/copenhagen.htm
Then in 2005 they released ABB. It was my first studio album as a fan. Still love it to this day. I drank a whole bottle of Jack Daniels while listening to it for the whole day. Smiley
...And then they came to Horsens. I won't write much about that since it's been documented far and wide just how much I loved THAT. I remember hanging with Mickjaggeroo and the Vikings in the center of Horsens. I'll never forget Vilhelm's face when he took that first sip of the Stones beer "Stone Ale". It was like YUCK! Cheesy
http://www.iorr.org/tour05/horsens.htm
Then in the spring of 2007 I was talking to Baboon Bro on MSN Messenger. We decided to go to Brno together with his 2 sons, his pal Sven (Great guy who I had some great conversations with about society and politics) and Sohoe from IORR. We went there and had a great time. Cool gig, but I couldn't help thinking that the Stones had a bit of an off-day that day. In Brno I also sat with Lorenz and Zsuzsa from here. At the gig I met Käit and BV too. Love Is Strong was great at this gig. So was All Down The Line.
http://www.iorr.org/tour05/brno.htm
When I got home from Brno I got a text message from GAZZA. He said that he could get me tix for London # 3. I couldn't help but call him to thank him from the bottom of my heart. Going to London seemed like an impossible dream, but my Irish angel came through.
Before going to London though, there was a concert in Copenhagen that had to be seen. We went there (Me, Dad, 2 bro's). It was a great gig, and I think that musically, it was the best I've seen. That being said, I think that London and Horsens was almost as good musically, but they had much more great stuff going on than Copenhagen. This was the first time I heard CYHMK (And it took Keith 1 bar of the intro riff to make me pump both fists in the air, yelling YEAH). Also for the first time I got Ruby Tuesday, Rocks Off and Dead Flowers. I'd been longing for DF for a long time too.
http://www.iorr.org/tour05/copenhagen.htm
Then I went to London the day before the gig. I'm not big on flying, but I got through it. I loved every bit of this trip and I hope to do it again (Meaning: If, or rather WHEN, the Stones play London again, I'll be there for sure). Meeting Gazza, PartyDollMeg, SweetVirginia, Egon and some others and drinking with them the night before the gig. Sitting at The Pilot Inn and having a great time with the RocksOffers, Shidoobeeans and IORReans. The gig itself. Awesome stuff, and it was a heartwarming gig more than anything else. I loved it.
Me at Abbey Road:

What I wrote on the wall to the Abbey Road Studios:
http://www.iorr.org/tour05/london5.htm

Well, it's been quite the ride. Thanks to The rolling Stones and thanks to the fans I've met. Here's to the next ten eh? See you on tour dudes and dudettes. If not before.

I'm gonna have to stand my ground like Crockett at The Alamo.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: 10 Years Gone By.
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 5:08am
Happy anniversary, Kent!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 6:05am
Ten years older and still no wiser.

Which is the way it should be.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 7:21am
Good one, Kent!!  Thanks for sharing.  Hard to believe it has almost been a year since London and the last Stone's concert Cry

Only 10 years..you such a Baby!!! 

I have forgotten most anniversaries, birthdays, and other blessed events....

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 7:34am
many congrats Kent-
come to London, soon, and we'll have a couple of beers  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Let's go get drunk

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 7:53am
That was nice to read.

IP Logged

JumpingKentFlash
Rocks Off Regular

SHARKS WILL CRY!!!!

Horsens, Denmark
Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 7:58am
Many thanks all.

Now I will be going to my local DVD retailer and shout their ears off for not getting Shine A Light (DVD) today.   Are you fucking serious?

I'm gonna have to stand my ground like Crockett at The Alamo.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 8:08am
rock on kent!!! You rock!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)