Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pre Sale Alert ? (Read 1,461 times)
Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Pre Sale Alert ?
Jul 26th, 2008 at 7:55am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
saw this over at IORR
anyone know anything ?

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,944990

Rolling Stones Tour Asia + Europe 2009

1.) Tour 2009 will start in early 2009

2.) Europe Tour will start in spring 2009. They will play in arenas. No stadium !

3.) Tickets germany will go on sale in ca. 10-12 weeks.

4.) "Alert for ticket registration" at EVENTIM (leading German ticket company) eventim has started

http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/tickets.html

5.) This information is not official confirmed. But I got it from involved people.

6.) A ticket alert from EVENTIM is not an april joke.

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Re: Pre Sale Alert ?
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 7:57am

http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/the-rolling-stones-tickets.html?doc=kuenstlerreg/t...

The Rolling Stones Tickets bald im Vorverkauf
The Rolling Stones Tickets 1962 gegründet, genießen The Rolling Stones mittlerweile ihren Status als dienstälteste Rockband der Welt. Besonders live spielen sie schon lange in ihrer ganz eigenen, sehr exklusiven Liga. Ihre Ehrlichkeit und die Virtuosität, mit der sie ihr Handwerk beherrschen, zieht sich durch jede dieser Aufnahmen und zeigt die Stones von ihrer charismatischsten und zugleich intimsten Seite.

Zuletzt tourte die Band mit der aufregendsten und gewaltigsten Rock'n'Roll Show ("A Bigger Bang") der Welt einmal rund um den Globus. Ergebene Fans und Kritiker bejubeln einstimming Mick Jaggers Aura als weltbesten Frontmann des Rock'n'Roll, Keith Richards bleibt mit seinem ehrfurchtgebietenden, überschäumenden Talent der ultimative Gitarren-Altmeister, sie feiern Ronnie Woods brillante Gitarrenvirtuosität und würdigen die Respekt einflößende Energie von Charlie Watts als Antriebswerk des Ganzen.

Wir informieren Sie, sobald es Neuigkeiten von den Rolling Stones gibt!

translate :

The Rolling Stones tickets in advance soon
The Rolling Stones tickets Founded in 1962, The Rolling Stones enjoy their status now serving as a rock band in the world. Especially, they play live long in their very own, very exclusive league. Their honesty and the virtuosity with which they master their craft, runs through each of these recordings and shows the Stones from their charismatic and yet intimate.

Recently the band toured with the most exciting and violent rock 'n' roll show ( "A Bigger Bang") of the World once around the globe. Ergebene fans and critics bejubeln einstimming Mick Jaggers world's aura as front man of rock 'n' roll, Keith Richards remains with his ehrfurchtgebietenden, überschäumenden talent of the ultimate guitar master, they celebrate Ronnie Woods brilliant guitar virtuosity and appreciate the respect einflößende energy of Charlie Watts as Drive work of the whole.

We will inform you as soon as news of the Rolling Stones!

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 8:17am
There is no rule that says how long before an event takes place - the alert can be placed.

so it might be up for a year or longer, or when the Stones camp actually spill the beans.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 8:28am
I don't recall ever seeing a legitimate pre-sale announcement before an official tour announcement by the band.
I think some people are simply building an e-mail address list on the presumption that there will be another tour at some point in time.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 8:30am
Wishful thinking on the part of some people. If a tour was in the works there would be lots of rumours going around from other, credible sources as well - and there ain't any.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 8:40am
Edith Grove wrote on Jul 26th, 2008 at 8:28am:
I don't recall ever seeing a legitimate pre-sale announcement before an official tour announcement by the band.

I second that.

I think some people are simply building an e-mail address list on the presumption that there will be another tour at some point in time.

that's not the case here. Eventim is about the equivalent to Ticketbastard or whatever it was on your side of the pond.
if you want to buy tickets for any concerts in germany - it will mostlikely be through eventim.

they probably heard or rather read the same rumours as everyone else.
maybe it's not a bad idea aswell - like build up some expectations and get the market ready for yet another $$$ tour, even if it takes a year or more.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2008 at 8:41am by open-g »  

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 9:44am
i just ordered my ticket!!!!......................................................................
alert :funny

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 11:18am
hurry up and wait... Alert.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #8 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 2:36pm
Haha! Damn... Talk about throwing crumbs at starving people. When the calls go out for a new tour, we will know long before any pre-sales are announced...

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 2:50pm

good point........very good point.  well put.

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

memory_motel
Rocks Off Regular

Keith Richards Steals
My Heart Away

Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 7:10am
Don't they always begin a tour in Canada/USA? Smiley

We spent a lonely night at the Memory Motel&&It's on the ocean I guess you know it well.&&(Jagger/Richards)&&...............

IP Logged

monkey_man
Rocks Off Regular

Fac ut vivas.

Reply #11 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 12:21pm
memory_motel wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 at 7:10am:
Don't they always begin a tour in Canada/USA? Smiley

That was when the currency on this continent was worth something. . .

...&&&&.........&&&&"In other words shut the hell up about what others believe. It only makes you look like a small minded snob. "&&&&Riffy

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #12 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 12:24pm

I'm pretty sure eventim.de did this a few weeks before last year's European tour was announced.

However, you're correct on the second point. They've done this for other acts who subsequently have NOT announced tours.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #13 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:43pm
Bring it on!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)