Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie (Read 29,975 times)
Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie
Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:12pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Embarrassed
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1408174.ece

ROLLING STONE RONNIE WOOD was last night living with a Russian bargirl less than a THIRD of his age — who is bragging to pals how he has dumped his wife of 23 years.

Muscovite Ekaterina Ivanova, 18, claims shocked Jo Wood begged her not to steal the 61-year-old after he took her home to meet his missus.

But the cocktail waitress told friends she sneered at the blonde ex-model: “I am not taking him — he is leaving.”

Dad-of-four Ronnie, who met the teenager while out boozing, has now whisked her away to his luxury pad in Ireland.

Yesterday Jo, 53, who believed the pair had gone on a painting holiday together, was horrified to learn of the teenager’s boasts — and insisted the conversation at the couple’s South West London mansion NEVER took place.

Jo declared: “She is mad — she is a terrible alcoholic.

“I know her — she’s been here. She’s a friend and he’s a guy — I’m going to call her now.

“And I’m gonna go and call him now and tell him what she’s said.”

Jo admitted she WAS frantic with worry — but said it was because alcoholic Ronnie was hitting the bottle again.

She revealed at the family home in Kingston upon Thames: “He’s drinking heavily — maybe two bottles of vodka a day.”
Love

Jo said boozy Ekaterina had wormed her way into becoming a drunking buddy of her husband — who has earned respect in the art world with his paintings.

The wife insisted: “I was quite all right that she was hanging around with him.

“They have been staying in Ireland and Ronnie’s art man was with them.

“Ronnie told me she was staying there and I said, ‘OK — get on with it and have a drink, go mad. Drink your guts up’.”

Asked if she thought the pair were having an affair, Jo stressed: “They’re not boyfriend or girlfriend — not in that way.”

Ekaterina has been telling friends a different story.

One said: “She is absolutely besotted with Ronnie.

“Whether or not he knows it, she plans a future with him.

“She has told everyone Ronnie has left his wife for her and they are a full-on item. She said she went to Ronnie’s house in London and has met his wife Jo.

“Ekaterina said Jo had told her she knew what was going on and begged her not to take her husband away.

“She claimed she told Jo, ‘I am not taking him. He is leaving’.

“She and Ronnie have been seeing each other ever since.”

Ekaterina used the social networking website Facebook to tell chums she and the guitarist were having a relationship.

In internet chats with them she said Ronnie was her boyfriend and she was quickly “falling in love”.

While Ekaterina has been staying with Ronnie in County Kildare — where he often goes to paint — the rocker has been using her as a model.

The friend said: “She has told everyone she has been posing for her boyfriend Ronnie, and that she only models for him.

“Everyone’s a bit taken aback by the relationship.

“She’s a teenager. Whether or not they are sleeping together is not the issue. It’s a weird set-up and Ronnie’s wife must be beside herself with worry.”

Ronnie met the Russian in a bar after the April premiere in Leicester Square of the film Shine A Light — MARTIN SCORSESE's documentary about the Stones.

It blends archive material of Ronnie, MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS and CHARLIE WATTS with footage from a 2006 concert by the band in the US.
Binge

Despite his rock and roll lifestyle, Ronnie has always declared his undying devotion to his marriage — earning respect for his commitment to a traditional family.

He and Jo wed in 1985 after his divorce from model KRISSY FINDLAY.

Jo has become a successful businesswoman, selling organic beauty products.

A source close to the guitarist admitted last night:

Ronnie is not being his normal self at the moment. He is an alcoholic and he’s fallen off the wagon.

He is drinking two bottles of vodka a day and there is no way he would be behaving like this if he was sober.

He went out and found himself a drinking partner — that is what this girl is.

He has been pushing away the people who love him while he does this. It is typical behaviour for an alcoholic.

He knows that his family wouldn’t tolerate him behaving like this so he has run away to go and drink himself crazy. He met this girl when he was on a drinking binge and now they are drinking partners.

His family just want him to stop drinking and come home. The primary problem is his alcoholism. They want him to deal with that first. Close quote

Former hellraiser Ronnie, who co-owns a London art gallery with sons Jamie and Tyrone, last checked himself into rehab before his daughter Leah’s wedding in June.

He hired dwarves to provide entertainment at the nuptials.

His spokesman said at the time: “The fact he checked himself in because it was Leah’s wedding shows, I think, that he is very capable of controlling it.”

WHEN RONNIE WOOD falls off the wagon, it’s time to get a hard-hat on.

He is famous for his boozing and when he hits the bottle, it isn’t in half measures.

The last time Ron was back on his favourite tipple, vodka — and lots of it — he ended up under a table in a posh restaurant biting KATE MOSS' ankles.

Years ago Ron and wife Jo were invited to housesit for a friend who was away on business.

The pal returned to find Ron had emptied his wine cellar — including bottles of plonk worth thousands. It’s sad, though, to see a man who had a happy family risk it all with his desire to go on month-long benders.

I met him earlier this year at the opening of his brother-in-law’s art exhibition and he was warm and funny.

He was the star of the night, lifting the room with his presence and personality.

His behaviour is erratic, granted. He is a different man when he is on the ale.

But his close family think his actions are a strange ritual he goes through — hurting those around him to punish himself for the lapse.

When he finally sobers up, as he has done before, he will realise the blunder he has made by upsetting his stunning, loyal wife Jo.

If he doesn’t, he can forget the planned Faces comeback and winning his family back.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:16pm by Deathgod »  

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:12am
I am very worried about Ronald.  Its going to be rough matching a young Ruskie like that drink for drink every night.  He may have tossed down more than he can romp up this time.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:40am
sober up man, pull yourself together.  will ya 2

best wishes to Ronnie

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:57am
RONNIE !!  GO BACK TO JO !!

And why are you wearing a dress in that picture at top? Kiss my undercover ass

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 1:57am
Oh Christ, not again  Cry I don't know how much faith we can put in this article but it's sad if he's off the wagon again.
And that 18 year old! Jeez! The nerve  Angry

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 2:18am
would explain why Jesse and Ronnie weren't at the 'Art Wood Celebration' concert , on wednesday night.
(Jesse was scheduled to appear, and didn't... Ronnie sent a bike courier with a signed copy of his autobiography, to raffle for Prostrate cancer charities..Angie Wood ,
Art's widow, made the draw)

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 4:40am
I don't beleive that the 'running away' with the 18 year-old is the real issue. Is the article states as well, it's the booze that is the root of all this. There is nothing to suggest that he is actually sleeping with this fantasist. I can't see it myself.

Ronnie seriously needs to sort himself out or pretty soon, it'll be the end for him. Just how many times can someone fall of the wagon? Its all very sad, yet, tiresome.

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 4:59am
yer its the boozing thing that hurts
sad to see Jo quoted as well.
Looks like Ronnie has another battle on his hands
gawd i hope he pulls it together, otherwise me thinks we will see an ever sadder headline in the not too distant future

we love you Ronnie, i just hope he loves himself and his family enough to get it together.

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 5:23am
it's very sad - best wishes to the Wood clan.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 5:30am
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Jul 11th, 2008 at 4:40am:
I don't beleive that the 'running away' with the 18 year-old is the real issue. Is the article states as well, it's the booze that is the root of all this. There is nothing to suggest that he is actually sleeping with this fantasist. I can't see it myself.

Ronnie seriously needs to sort himself out or pretty soon, it'll be the end for him. Just how many times can someone fall of the wagon? Its all very sad, yet, tiresome.

All y'all niggies worry too much.  He's 61, so the actuaries say he dies in ten years anyway.  And they don't know he hacks butts all day.

I know Ronald's lifestyle is widely condemned on this bizarrely uptight board, but I think he's doing okay for a senior citizen who's never worked a single day in his life, spends his time jetting around the world, goofing off with people like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, and has the $$$$$$ (very Large Green) to hire midgets to dance at his daughter's recent wedding.  Relatively speaking, does Ronald have a reason not to get loaded whenever he wants?  Anyone think he seriously cares about the horror stories they tell him in rehab?  A married guy hanging around with 18 year old women seems kind of silly, but who's to say mondo-ADD'ed Ronald wouldn't do that when he's all rehabbed up too?

Anyway, he's got bigger problems than too many Guinness at the moment, I suspect.  Cue Entwistle's My Wife........

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:05am
Deathgod wrote on Jul 11th, 2008 at 4:59am:
yer its the boozing thing that hurts
sad to see Jo quoted as well.
Looks like Ronnie has another battle on his hands
gawd i hope he pulls it together, otherwise me thinks we will see an ever sadder headline in the not too distant future

we love you Ronnie, i just hope he loves himself and his family enough to get it together.

The way I see it, Jo's more in a battle than Woody. Alcoholism is chronic and tough to beat, alright, but after all the stints with rehab he's had, and the immense support from Jo and his kids, you'd think he'd at least try harder to make it work - if not for him, at least for the people who love him. Sometimes it seems like he doesn't realize the problem, even after all this time.

I can't imagine how this woman must feel - after taking all the pain, anger, frustration and worries of living with the man you love, being a self-destructive alcoholic, thinking you're finally over the worst part and then off he goes again. And along comes the stupid 18-year-old to become his 'drinking buddy' and mess around with him. God, this is frustrating. Jo's really something else. Amazing woman. Most would have given up by now.

I do hope Woody gets his stuff together.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:08am by FotiniD »  
FotiniD  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:15am
I don't buy this story for one second.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:22am
Steel Wheels wrote on Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:15am:
I don't buy this story for one second.

Jo being quoted, would suggest otherwise.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #13 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:28am
Mick, Keith etc, have apparently, been on the blower,
urging him to get help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2285460/Sir-Mick-Jagger...

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

WOOD LEAVES WIFE FOR RUSSIAN TEEN?
Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 7:03am
ROLLING STONES - WOOD LEAVES WIFE FOR RUSSIAN TEEN?

ROLLING STONES star RONNIE WOOD's wife JO has denied he has left her for an 18-year-old Russian waitress.
Wood has reportedly left his wife of 23 years for teenager Muscovite Ekaterina Ivanova and has taken her on a romantic trip to Ireland.
According to British newspaper the Sun, Ekaterina has told friends Wood has ended his marriage.
But Jo - who believed the pair were on a painting holiday - has strongly denied the reports.
She says, "She is mad - she is a terrible alcoholic.
"I know her - she's been here. She's a friend and he's a guy. I was quite all right that she was hanging around with him.
"They have been staying in Ireland and Ronnie's art man was with them. Ronnie told me she was staying there and I said, 'OK - get on with it and have a drink, go mad. Drink your guts up'.
"They're not boyfriend or girlfriend - not in that way."
But Jo admitted she was worried about her rocker husband - because the alcoholic has started drinking again.
She adds, "He's drinking heavily - maybe two bottles of vodka a day."
It is believed Wood met the 18-year-old in a bar after the April (08) premiere in Leicester Square of the Rolling Stones concert film Shine A Light.
Last month (June08), Wood checked himself into rehab before his daughter Leah's wedding in fear he was losing his battle with alcohol addiction.

07/11/2008 08:01:05 AM

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/wood%20leaves%20wife%20for%20russia...

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Re: WOOD LEAVES WIFE FOR RUSSIAN TEEN?
Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 7:06am
there's already a thread on this sorry subject

http://rocksoff.org/messageboard/YaBB.pl?num=1215749521

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 7:14am
This is the behavior you see toward the end folks.  sorry.  there is no rational behavior on 2 bottles of vodka a day. he may die in his sleep.

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 7:16am
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Jul 11th, 2008 at 4:40am:

Agree 100%. This cat is quickly running out of lives.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

as Daethgod

Reply #18 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 7:58am

heres the tele article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2285460/Sir-Mick-Jagger...

Sir Mick Jagger and Rolling Stones urge alcoholic bandmate Ronnie Wood to seek help
By Aislinn Simpson
Last updated: 11:45 AM BST 11/07/2008
Bandmates of Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood including Sir Mick Jagger have begged him to seek help for his alcoholism after he went on a drunken binge with a 19-year-old Russian girl.
Ronnie Wood in February, 2008
EPA
Wood is reportedly drinking two bottles of vodka a day

Wood has been at his home in Ireland for the past week with the girl, Ekaterina Ivanova, who he is said to have met in a London escort club.

According to family friends, the alcoholic guitarist is close to "rock bottom". He is drinking two bottles of vodka a day and they fear for his life.

Bandmates Mike Jagger, Keith Richards and Rod Stewart have bombarded the singer with calls urging him to get help, one said.

Meanwhile Ivanova, a cocktail waitress from Moscow, has told friends that the 61-year-old rock star is now her boyfriend.

She claimed that there was a confrontation at Wood's southwest London home with his wife Jo.

Ivanova said Jo begged her not to steal her husband, and she replied: "I am not taking him - he is leaving."

Ivanova and Woods have spent the past week at the father-of-four Wood's house in Country Kildare, Ireland, where he is building a portfolio of artwork for an exhibition in London next week.

The Russian has told friends on the social networking site Facebook that she was "falling in love".

One said Ivanova told her about the confrontation with Ronnie's wife.

She said: "She is absolutely besotted with Ronnie. Whether or not he knows it, she plans a future with him.

"She has told everyone Ronnie has left his wife for her and they are a full-on item."

But speaking from the couple's family home, Mrs Wood denied the altercation took place and said the girl was "mad".

The former model, 53, who now owns a successful range of organic beauty products, said her husband was in Ireland painting and that she knew the girl was with him.

"She is mad - she is a terrible alcoholic," she said. "I know her - she's been here. I was quite all right that she was hanging around with him.

"They have been staying in Ireland and Ronnie's art man was with them.

"Ronnie told me she was staying there and I said, 'OK - get on with it and have a drink, go mad. Drink your guts up'."

Despite their previous hard-living lifestyle, the Woods have been together 31 years and have become feted in the industry as a model of how fidelity can work.

A source close to the guitarist said last night that Woods had meet Ivanova at a seedy London club while out drinking with friends, and that she left Wood's house in Ireland last night.

"It's all connected with his drinking," she said. "Each time Ronnie falls off the wagon it gets worse and he has been on a bender for the last two weeks.

"He is drinking two bottles of vodka a day. He doesn't remember anything or know where he is. It looks like he's risking his life.

"Mick, Keith and Rod have been calling saying 'what the hell are you doing?' but nothing's getting through. Ronnie is adamant this girl is just a friend but he's not thinking rationally. His family just want him to get better and come home."

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #19 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 8:09am
Even if this story is only half true its a very dangerous place Ronnie is at.Foe his and family's sake lets hope he gets the help he obviuosly needs badly.This certainly will put a damper on any 2009 tour plans I would think.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #20 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 8:36am
Worriesome news.  Sad
Come on Ronnie. We need you to beat this.

They need a project to focus on. Album and TOUR dammit.

LJ.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #21 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 8:38am
Ronnie "deathwatch" Woods!!!

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 8:46am
I really don't know whether to believe these articles or not. If AA hasn't worked in the past try RR. I know AA doesn't work for some people. Sad news anyhow.

IP Logged

Mr Jurkka
Rocks Off Regular

You got it!

Finland
Reply #23 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 8:52am
This is so weird..  running away with 18-years old girl?        piss off
Guess alcohol can make you do anything      

Btw i don't if i missed it from the text but why did he started drinking again?

Take it from me.. Im the riffmaster.&&...

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #24 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 8:55am
DAMN!!

Sad sad news......

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)