Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA - June 11, 2024 © Jini Sachse (SweetVirginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Chinese Democracy At Last?  (nsc) (Read 6,241 times)
lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Chinese Democracy At Last?  (nsc)
Apr 20th, 2008 at 11:49am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Guns N' Roses have finally finished their latest album - after 14 years.

The band's record company have reportedly received a completed copy of "Chinese Democracy" - which is said to have cost more than $13million (£6.5million) to record - and are now in negations with Axl Rose over money and rights to the songs.

Fans have been eagerly awaiting the next Guns N' Roses album since 1993 when the band released their covers album 'The Spaghetti Incident?', but have seen the release date of 'Chinese Democracy' continually been pushed back.

Last month, Axl said he was "surprised and very happy" about an offer by soft drink company Dr Pepper which offered a free can of the drink to every American if 'Chinese Democracy' is released this year.

Writing on the band's website, he said: "We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr Pepper with our album "Chinese Democracy", as for us, this came totally out of the blue."

A Guns N' Roses reality TV show is reportedly in the pipeline to coincide with the release of the album.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Chinese Democracy At Last?  (nsc)
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 11:58am

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2008 at 11:59am by sirmoonie »  

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Trey Krimsin
Rocks Off Regular

Slots Rule You Bastards!!!!!!

Thomasville, North Carolina
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 12:12pm
I'll believe it when I see it.

It's just that demon life, it got me in its sway - MJ/KR

My first published comic work can be found here! And this is only the beginning...:
http://www.grayhavencomics.com/comics/the-gathering-faithtime-travel/

[img]
WWW https://www.facebook.com/rodney.traynham Trey+Krimsin  
IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 12:20pm
skeptical...can't imagine why

Wink

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 1:15pm
Does it even matter at this point? People are gonna be so underwhelmed it's not even funny.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 1:19pm
g&r nowadays is just Axel right?

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 1:26pm
Egon wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 at 1:19pm:

no....................buckethead is in the mix somewhere too.  or did he die?

[laughs]

Let's go get drunk

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 1:57pm
Egon wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 at 1:19pm:

No.  Bumblefoot and Finck on guitars, the awesome Tommy Stimson on bass, Brain on drums, Dizzy Reed on keys (as always)

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 1:59pm
Holden wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 at 1:15pm:
Does it even matter at this point? People are gonna be so underwhelmed it's not even funny.

No.  The album is awesome and virtually all its tracks have been played live for several years now.  Even skeptics here on this board have come away impressed.  Worth the wait?  Shit, nothin's worth that long a wait!  But it's a great album....

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #9 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 2:33pm
the whole world...make that universe,
lost interest in Axl, his ego and his guitars for hire, years ago.

Cliff Richard's forthcoming album, will be of more relevance and interest.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 2:41pm
Note that such naysayers have NEVER actually heard the band since 1993.  The new edition is a FAR superior outfit.

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 2:52pm
you're saying the new guns n' roses is better than the original? I'm  gonna go ahead and try to find the album online and listen to it. I've heard 2 or 3 songs before and I wasn't impressed.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

speedfreakjive
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #12 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 3:54pm
Axl lost it a long time ago, but I'll try and give the new stuff a go

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #13 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 3:58pm
Ade wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 at 2:33pm:
the whole world...make that universe,
lost interest in Axl, his ego and his guitars for hire, years ago.

Cliff Richard's forthcoming album, will be of more relevance and interest.

my mother agrees.

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #14 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 5:37pm
Holden wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 at 2:52pm:
you're saying the new guns n' roses is better than the original?

Yes.  I saw the lineup with that lame Slash twice and the new lineup three times.  The band is FAR better now, hands down....Slash is exceedingly dull live, one of the worst rock performers when taken away from the studio

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #15 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 5:45pm
I just heard a new song on youtube, it just doesn't move me.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #16 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 5:50pm
the new live band is better than the old version. Tighter, better musicians, not all high and fucking up to the point of lameness. We'll see how the album goes over, the new stuff I heard live was good, and could be great, but I'm on the fence with what i heard that has leaked... It's okay...

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 7:11pm
Pdog wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 at 5:50pm:
the new live band is better than the old version. Tighter, better musicians, not all high and fucking up to the point of lameness. We'll see how the album goes over, the new stuff I heard live was good, and could be great, but I'm on the fence with what i heard that has leaked... It's okay...

i like people when they're all fucked up and lame.............much more interesting.

Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #18 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 8:32pm
Quote:
Pdog wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 at 5:50pm:

i like people when they're all fucked up and lame.............much more interesting.

Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Just curious, as to what band you saw live, and when was it, fucked up and lame band and you enjoyed the show?
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2008 at 12:09am by Pdog »  

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #19 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 9:17pm

Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! War horses couldn't drag me away Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #20 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 9:42pm

lol  ..great consideration. Actually, and to put it bluntly .... hell no. Nobody will give two shits. In fact, they have long since gave two shits about this damn thing. It has been by far and away the longest running commercially proposed album in the history of music.

We are talking 15 years here folks...

Not to mention Axl has done nothing in the mean time but either hide-out playing Howard Hughes or fuck up. He has had his last hope at anything or any sort of redemption trounced a few years ago when Ticket Master finally pulled the plug on him for continuously canceling shows. Hell and it was supposed to come out then... and then again last year ...and nothing ever was completed.

At that point when Ticket Master cancelled the tour due to Axl, even the G&R die-hards said..... Axl....Fuck you, who cares.

And since there are still legalities going on about the song rights and all I am assuming Axl and his legal folks will be reluctant to negotiate (as usual) and this may not even come to light any time soon anyway.

Look, I have no idea what he has been going through, I have no idea what goes on in his world, be it emotional, social, or financial endevors. But guess what, I  don't care. All I know is he has been talking about this album for fucking years (like we are supposed to care). Three seperate producers individually tried to get this thing out and couldn't.

Screw him. He is been nothing but toast for a long, long, while now.

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #21 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 4:46am
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 at 9:42pm:

Not to mention Axl has done nothing in the mean time but either hide-out playing Howard Hughes or fuck up. He has had his last hope at anything or any sort of redemption trounced a few years ago when Ticket Master finally pulled the plug on him for continuously canceling shows. Hell and it was supposed to come out then... and then again last year ...and nothing ever was completed.

At that point when Ticket Master cancelled the tour due to Axl, even the G&R die-hards said..... Axl....Fuck you, who cares. Ian

The ignorance out there is incredible.  Axl has had several tours now with the new GnR, probably some 200 shows altogether.  btw, Ticketmaster sells tickets, they don't 'cancel' tours---promoters do that.  Stick to what you know Billen--whatever that is.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #22 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 4:17pm
moonie!

kinks week revisited at maxlugar.com is off to a smashing success....we are in need of your posting skills.

perhaps just for the week? C10 bruthahood? we have some kinks kultists that are lighting the world on fire...

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #23 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 5:11pm
lotsajizz wrote on Apr 21st, 2008 at 4:46am:

At that point when Ticket Master cancelled the tour due to Axl, even the G&R die-hards said..... Axl....Fuck you, who cares. Ian

The ignorance out there is incredible.  Axl has had several tours now with the new GnR, probably some 200 shows altogether.  btw, Ticketmaster sells tickets, they don't 'cancel' tours---promoters do that.  Stick to what you know Billen--whatever that is.

Axl does cancel alot of shows... That's for sure!!! But Ian, you need to know what you're talking about before you go making coments like they are facts...
Even if the only G n' R show since the original break, was the one I saw At The Warfield in Sf, that show was really good. The band was tight, Axl sounded great.
Axl is batshit crazy and the music industry is totally fucked up, that is what is wrong here!!!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #24 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 1:26am
lotsajizz wrote on Apr 21st, 2008 at 4:46am:

The ignorance out there is incredible.  Axl has had several tours now with the new GnR, probably some 200 shows altogether.  btw, Ticketmaster sells tickets, they don't 'cancel' tours---promoters do that.  Stick to what you know Billen--whatever that is.

lol OK. My fault, then Clear Channel canceled them. Explanation= I read that a spokes person from Ticket master said that they were refusing to continue sales of G&R tickets due to the cancellation and refund head-aches, so then Clear Channel of coarse said....well that's it boys. Now, I read this on a message board so ..who knows.

Axl HAS done 200 shows, sure, but how many were canceled and all in a period of about five months...

and guess what= over all those shows, still no album. Talk and talk and talk of it but still ....no album.

*How anyone can defend Axl Rose today, in 2008, with all the bullshit he has shown us continuously, and all the bullshit he has spit out his mouth about this Chinese Democracy album over the past 15 years, and this "New" Guns and Roses (other than the group being good musicians who can put on a good show at times ...provided they all show up) is totally beyond me.

Now that, to me at least, is what is incredible about our conversation.

Ian

« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2008 at 1:28am by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)