Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA - June 11, 2024 © Jini Sachse (SweetVirginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 ... 666
Send Topic Print
The New and Improved Joey? thread (Read 2,115,493 times)
MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Re: The New and Improved Joey? thread
Reply #16200 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 7:26pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #16201 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 7:28pm
Roffhard?

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #16202 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 7:33pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16203 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 12:10pm
Some Guy  ............ ?!   .... !!!!! :

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-wisconsin-waterloo-1459465004

" Trump’s Wisconsin Waterloo?  "

" The state’s political dynamics are hurting the GOP front-runner, and the polls show it.   "

By KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL

" Wisconsin (Ripon, to be exact) is the birthplace of the Republican Party. So perhaps it’s fitting that Wisconsin may be the state that takes back the Republican Party from Donald Trump.

The Badger State is gearing up to hand the real-estate mogul a defeat, and in the process potentially reroute, yet again, the GOP primary. Polls show Ted Cruz beating Mr. Trump, and some prognosticators have gone so far as to suggest the billionaire could place third—behind even John Kasich. The opposition to Mr. Trump is deep and wide enough that he could lose most districts.

This rebuke has taken a lot of the media and political class by surprise. They figured Mr. Trump would do in this upper Midwestern state what he’d done in other states with a moderate or purplish tint: win. What they missed is Wisconsin’s recent political history and changed Republican culture—which have combined to make the state fertile ground for a Trump takedown.

Part of Mr. Trump’s problem is simple logistics. Wisconsin was put on the calendar as a stand-alone primary, with two clear weeks before and after it. The field is now down to three candidates. All of this has allowed for far greater scrutiny of Mr. Trump, in the form of heavy in-state advertising and earned media.

But it’s the in-state dynamics that are hurting him most. Wisconsin has been in continuous political warfare for six years. Over that time, Republicans lived through Gov. Scott Walker’s epic battle for his Act 10 public-sector bargaining reform; judicial races; a Senate recall effort; a gubernatorial recall effort; a political assault in a vicious John Doe probe; another election cycle; campaign-finance reform; an overhaul of the state’s ethics body; a right-to-work law; and prevailing-wage reform. To name a few.

The state is also proudly home to the speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, and a governor (Scott Walker) who ran for his party's presidential nomination. The result is a conservative electorate that is highly informed, highly energized and highly involved. The fights so far have given voters an acute appreciation of the conservative principles at stake, and a pride in defeating union and liberal priorities. They have radar sensitive to “fake” Republicans, and many aren’t keen on what they are hearing from Mr. Trump.

Wisconsin’s recent political battles also resulted in a dramatic shift in the state’s communications culture. Conservative wariness of liberal, in-state newspapers turned to outright loathing as the print media exhibited a continual bias against Mr. Walker and Republicans. Conservatives as a result made talk radio their news hub, and learned to communicate through online and social media.

Four “talkers” in particular— Charlie Sykes, Vicki McKenna, Jerry Bader and Mark Belling—exercise enormous influence, and cover nearly every inch of the state media market. These days, politicians routinely break their news on radio. Gov. Walker announced his recent endorsement of Ted Cruz on the Sykes show. The new chief justice of the state Supreme Court, Patience Roggensack, granted her first interview to Mr. Sykes rather than to a newspaper.

Mr. Trump stumbled onto three of the four biggest shows on Monday, seemingly unaware that all the hosts are part of the “Never Trump” movement. Mr. Sykes likened Mr. Trump to a “12-year-old bully” and insisted he was no conservative. Ms. McKenna was similarly rough, though Mr. Trump did himself no favors by hanging up on her.

He’s also won no votes by lambasting both Mr. Walker and Paul Ryan. Mr. Trump might have been looking at Mr. Walker’s statewide approval numbers (in the 40s) and figured that hitting Mr. Walker’s tax cuts was smart politics. But the governor’s approval with Republicans is significantly higher—likely in the 70% to 80% range.

Mr. Ryan also is widely liked and admired among Republicans in the state, in particular because he still actively engages in state battles. He regularly goes on talk radio; he has openly supported Walker reforms; he helps out state legislative candidates. Mr. Cruz, by contrast to Mr. Trump, clearly was well briefed on the broader environment. His praise of Messrs. Walker and Ryan earns him strong applause at events, and he’s grasped the power of the state radio.

Wisconsin meanwhile could be huge. Mr. Trump—if he loses badly enough—could come out of this primary with only a half-dozen delegates out of 42. That would all but tank his ability to reach the 1,237 mark for the nomination. Wisconsin could tip this into a contested convention. A bad enough Trump loss might also reset the views of voters in the Northeast primaries coming next.

But perhaps the bigger potential for Wisconsin is to reinforce a growing view among organized Republicans that Mr. Trump is indeed a party usurper, and that they have a duty to use an open convention to stop him. The birthplace of the GOP—and the home of one of the nation’s most war-bloodied and conservative crowds—looks ready to tank Mr. Trump.  "
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2016 at 12:13pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16204 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 12:17pm

Nanky  ?!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16205 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 12:39pm

Nanky ?!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #16206 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 5:17pm
PERKS?

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #16207 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 5:36pm
Joey? Voodoo?

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #16208 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 8:38am
Joey?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16209 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 12:06pm

...!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16210 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 12:06pm

Nanky ?!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16211 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 12:16pm

Ian  ?!   ... !!!!! :

http://kwbe.com/abc_classicr/keith-richards-says-a-new-rolling-stones-album-is-i...

"  There was a plan to do like four or five numbers on the lawn [at the gallery] but then the Chelsea Residents’ Association poo-pooed that,” he laments. “How generous of them.”

Meanwhile, Richards tells The Sun that, despite the increasing ages of The Rolling Stones’ members, the group has no plans to retire anytime soon.  "

poo - pooed  .... ?!   I wish Keef had not mentioned that  (  it must be those damn bran muffins this morning )  :

*************** END TRANSMISSION !!!!  *****************

Stinkykins
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2016 at 12:18pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #16212 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 8:48am
Joey? Some Guy? MrPleasant?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #16213 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 10:24am
BONO ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16214 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 2:07pm

Edith ?!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16215 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 2:11pm

Yes ...... Voo and Joey  :

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16216 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 2:17pm

N- Nanky ?!  ... !!!!! :

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16217 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 2:33pm

Some Guy  ?!  ... !!!!!!!

***** { " Why the entire World loves THE DONALD !!!! "  } *****  :

http://pagesix.com/2015/08/17/ex-lover-says-donald-trump-was-great-in-bed/

" Ex-lover says Donald Trump was great in bed "

" Donald Trump would have even higher poll numbers if he had dated more women before he married his beautiful wife, Melania.

Former Penthouse Pet Sandra Taylor, who went on three dates with Trump decades ago, agrees with the famous Post headline, “The Best Sex I Ever Had.”

Asked if Trump was a good lover, Taylor told me, “Omigosh, he was great.”

She hopes he is elected. “I think he’d be a terrific president.”

Donald spotted the model/actress on the cover of New York magazine and had his secretary track her down, she said.

After a long, romantic walk on Central Park South, they went to Ray Bari Pizza on Third Avenue. “We ended up in my place on the Upper West Side,” recalls the now-48-year-old Taylor, who will play a sexy mom in the upcoming Garry Marshall comedy “Mother’s Day.” “He was very sweet.”

She recalls encountering a homeless man as they strolled down the street, and Trump, whose business empire was teetering at the time, said, “Do you see that guy there? He’s worth about $50 million more than I am.”

He also provided her with career advice. “He was very helpful,” says Taylor, who at the time went by Sandi Korn.

“You have to change that,” Trump told her.

“I’ve been Sandra Taylor ever since.”

Trump also gave her a copy of his book, “The Art of the Deal,” and told her, “If you bet big, you win big. If you bet small, you win small.”

The romance ended when it became public, but Taylor will never forget the hours she spent with Trump. “I was sad when it ended.”

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16218 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 4:34pm

Some Guy  .......... ?!  .... !!!!! :

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #16219 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 2:14pm
Joey? Chiba-face Nanky?

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #16220 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 2:51pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #16221 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:23pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 2:51pm:

Edith, my blue car is yellow...

Edith?

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #16222 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:15pm
Joey plus Edith?

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #16223 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:17pm
¿Gerardo?  ...

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #16224 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:18pm
...   ...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 ... 666
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)