Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Upcoming Archival (Bootleg Series) Wishes (Read 67,568 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: Upcoming Archival (Bootleg Series) Wishes
Reply #275 - May 24th, 2012 at 7:10am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
to keep it all in perspective...blogs are for voicing opinions and like assholes we all have them........To attack someone based on their opinion takes me back to high school...and I dont wanna go there thanks

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #276 - May 24th, 2012 at 7:15am
Riffhard wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 9:35pm:
I wonder if they'd ever release the full El Mocambo show? Prolly not, but I'd love to hear the whole show in pristine condition.

Riffy

I'd be surprised and disappointed if thats not one of the six we get this year. It certainly seems to be the 'fans' choice' along with Brussels, and we got THAT one.

Supposedly there were technical problems with the recordings of the first Mocambo show (4th March 1977) rendering the tapes unusable. As far as I'm aware, all the circulating recordings (including the four LYL songs) come from the following night. (the band intros are definitely from the 5th, anyway, as Mick says 'there's the bottom pincher from last night!').

So, IF we get El Mocambo, I think it'll be the 5th March show - but you never know.

By rights, however, we should have at least one release from the Brian Jones era. It would be a travesty to commemorate 50 years of the Stones as a band and ignore that period.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #277 - May 24th, 2012 at 7:44am
you fuckers rock!

IP Logged

rogerriffin
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

MEXICO DF.
Reply #278 - May 24th, 2012 at 8:05am
Gazza wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 7:15am:
I'd be surprised and disappointed if thats not one of the six we get this year. It certainly seems to be the 'fans' choice' along with Brussels, and we got THAT one.

I´d be surprised more if they release it!!!

must be very cool if they release Blind Date Revisited with all entire Barbarians and Stones set!!

well, the best activity was in Late 60´s and 70´s, but why dont think in 90´s or 100Club from 80´s...

"Rock`n`Roll, Let`s Go! Keith-Mexico`95
WWW rogerriffin rogerriffin@yahoo.com.mx  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #279 - May 24th, 2012 at 5:15pm
Nellcote wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 6:07am:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 11:11pm:
Riffhard wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 9:20pm:
Pdog wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 8:09pm:
FPM wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 7:13pm:
off-off topic, but I coulda sworn there was a thread about Mick's amazing SNL appearance...

that sucks... i got my post taken down and remarked on an extremely hostile comment regarding sexual identity and how my removed post wasn't offensive and one that was remained...same shit different thread, destroys the fun. I'm good until the usual suspect goes all out and flames everyone who isn't like minded, then I respond... I hate myself for doing it....

Boy don't I hear ya?! All was well until someone decided to make it personal. Too bad the thread is gone though. If it hadn't been deleted everybody could easily see who the culprit was. Here's another clue for you all....t'wasn't me! Ah yes, the usual suspect. Some are too blind to see whom that actually is though.

Back on topic-Atlanta 1981. That's what I want. Won't happen, but a guy can wish, no?

Riffy

All was well until the usual drama queens went down the usual wrong road...20 million fucking poltical sites on the web....But you fuckers gotta bring it here. No chance of keeping it in your pants between now and November huh girls? Perverted Charlie

We are all guilty SCL.  Lenoid does make a good point.

i'm def. guilt, i admit i can allow myself to get sucked in, it is like crack, once I start it... I love The Stones more than I give a shit about political ideals... if the world is going to end, I'd rather be rocking then worrying about which ideal made it happen. I lost relationships on here over that crap...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #280 - May 24th, 2012 at 5:17pm
I wonder if they'd ever release the full El Mocambo show? Prolly not, but I'd love to hear the whole show in pristine condition.

Riffy

Supposedly there were technical problems with the recordings of the first Mocambo show (4th March 1977) rendering the tapes unusable. As far as I'm aware, all the circulating recordings (including the four LYL songs) come from the following night. (the band intros are definitely from the 5th, anyway, as Mick says 'there's the bottom pincher from last night!').

So, IF we get El Mocambo, I think it'll be the 5th March show - but you never know.

By rights, however, we should have at least one release from the Brian Jones era. It would be a travesty to commemorate 50 years of the Stones as a band and ignore that period.

I'm hoping they continue to do it.... seems like it is a win, win... not alot of overhead involved in getting these out, and they seem to enjoy getting them out. The studio catalog deluxe stuff required word and physical releases which don't make money... gaz, thx for the clue.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #281 - May 24th, 2012 at 6:01pm

Riffy

Gazza,what are the best Brian Jones era shows. i don't think I've ever actually heard one.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #282 - May 24th, 2012 at 6:04pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 6:01pm:

Riffy

Gazza,what are the best Brian Jones era shows. i don't think I've ever actually heard one.

good question

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #283 - May 25th, 2012 at 12:40am
My only question about El Macombo is that they have already offered up much of it on Love You Live. Would they offer it again in complete form? I hope you're right Gaza.

And yes, what is the best live Brian Jones' era Stones that has not seen the light of day? The only real official live release, GLIYWI, pretty much blows production wise. Did the recording technology that existed back then capture anything worth releasing today? It would be a sweet treat if they have some good material to offer, but I'm not certain that it exists.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #284 - May 25th, 2012 at 7:30am
Riffhard wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 12:40am:
My only question about El Macombo is that they have already offered up much of it on Love You Live. Would they offer it again in complete form? I hope you're right Gaza.

And yes, what is the best live Brian Jones' era Stones that has not seen the light of day? The only real official live release, GLIYWI, pretty much blows production wise. Did the recording technology that existed back then capture anything worth releasing today? It would be a sweet treat if they have some good material to offer, but I'm not certain that it exists.

Riffy

I dont see the existing LYL songs (which have been edited and overdubbed for the most part) being a problem.

After all, there are three songs on the recent Hampton 1981 release that were on 'Still Life' (Lets Spend the Night Together, Shattered, Time is on My Side)

The GLIYWI live ALBUM is a feeble excuse for a 'live album' (it even has two songs which are studio recordings and have audience noise overdubbed!), but the EP of the same name from the UK tour a year earlier is fantastic. IMO their best live release after Ya Yas prior to the Archive series starting.

There are very few circulating concerts from the era with Brian (1962-67) and, unbelievably, there's not a single US audience recording (the only US show that's in cirulation - Brian's last American performance ironically enough - is a show from Honolulu on 28.7.66 which was broadcast on the radio and which also partly circulates as a soundboard)

That show is probably releasable if it were cleaned up a bit . Paris Olympia 1965 too, a show which was professionally recorded.  I doubt it would be possible to make it as high quality as the ones we've had so far, but I think most people wouldnt reasonably expect it to be.

Another problem is that Stones shows back then lasted 25-40 minutes. Any archive release would realistically need to include two of them at the very least.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #285 - May 25th, 2012 at 7:34am
rogerriffin wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 8:05am:

I´d be surprised more if they release it!!!

must be very cool if they release Blind Date Revisited with all entire Barbarians and Stones set!!

well, the best activity was in Late 60´s and 70´s, but why dont think in 90´s or 100Club from 80´s...

Blind Date is a bit of a ramshackle show, musically, though, although its not a bad idea to put out a full show (and there were two sets, remember - so there's over 3 hours of music there)

Doubt they'd do it also as theyve already put out a 1978 show and its a similar, but shorter setlist and from the same era.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #286 - May 30th, 2012 at 5:05pm
a June release would be sweet... besides Gazza, nothing else has been rumored that I can find anywhere...
LA 75 was specualated correctly a few days before it was announced...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #287 - May 30th, 2012 at 5:33pm
let's do it... I'm a very busy man.

IP Logged

Stewed n Keefed
Rocks Off Regular

Please don't judge me
too harshly

Kent,England.
Reply #288 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 7:21am
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1619050

Looks like Gazza was right.  Smiley

... Posts: 4601 | Registered: Dec 2002 |

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #289 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:11am

IP Logged

riffkeither
Rocks Off Regular

Gimme Some Neck !!

France Marseille
Reply #290 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:12am
Yes he is !

Hope that he will predict for the next "100 club 1986 "

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons...
I'm movin' on

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #291 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:20am
since no one has ever heard anything from this gig, this will be awesome... at least in the sense, it will be a never before bootlegged release by the band...
many will complain that it is 2005, but at the same time, they can bring it hard, and this may be one of those nights. Like others I'm hoping for Leeds and Macambo... Paradiso 95 is a great choice, but all of these have already been out there in some form. Am I excited, oh yea!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #292 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:48am
pass... next!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #293 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:59am
Some Guy wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:48am:
pass... next!

open your mind... it's the stones... did you pass on the tour?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #294 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 9:02am
Pdog wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:59am:
pass... next!

aah, as of now I'm underwhelmed. Could change though.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #295 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:28am
Some Guy wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 9:02am:
pass... next!

I think this is going to be kick-ass... they wouldn't releaese a bland half ass performance, especially something recent... they know it would get slammed by critics and hardcore fans.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #296 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:32am
Pdog wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:28am:
Some Guy wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 9:02am:
pass... next!

I think this is going to be kick-ass... they wouldn't releaese a bland half ass performance, especially something recent... they know it would get slammed by critics and hardcore fans.

I'm in.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #297 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 2:16pm
Looks like the info I was given was correct.

My friend Riffbuk from Portugal who posts on IORR has been sent an advance copy of the artwork :

... ... ...
IP Logged

dadrob
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #298 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 2:37pm
I simply do not go for the band after Bill left..too important tot eh interplay...they should have gotten Willie weeks rather than Daryll

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #299 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 4:58pm
I for one will be happy with any release. really?

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)