Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Nanky © NFI but thanks!r!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mick in The New York Times (Read 5,087 times)
left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Mick in The New York Times
Dec 3rd, 2010 at 5:19pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

Photo by Max Vadukul

Mick's the subject of a Zoë Heller article in Sunday's T Magazine.
NBC New York's blog says it's "a rather incisive cover story."

Sounds like it might not be just a puff piece...

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Re: Mick in The New York Times
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 6:37pm
YES!   Smiley Smiley

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 6:42pm
the nytimes usually isn't puffy.............

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 7:54am

Mick Without Moss

By ZOE HELLER | December 3, 2010

Photo by Max Vudukul

On the top floor of a photography studio somewhere in Chelsea, Mick Jagger is capering about to a sleepy reggae cover of “Eleanor Rigby.” The photographer has requested “mischief,” and Jagger is gamely attempting to provide some — pouting, smirking, stomping his feet and shrugging his shoulders in a style that is part hipster frug, part Rumpelstiltskin tantrum. He is wearing clumpy black Nikes, electric green and black socks and drainpipe jeans in a Prince of Wales plaid. (Earlier, when he arrived at the studio, he had on a shiny, aubergine-colored John Pearse jacket with camouflage lining, but this, sadly, has now been replaced by a rather more subdued Alexander McQueen drape coat.)

Observing solemnly from the sidelines are a tailor (here to ensure that every garment fits Jagger’s elfin body correctly); Jagger’s hairdresser (flown in from England for the occasion); and Jagger’s girlfriend, the fashion designer L’Wren Scott. Scott stands six foot four in her laceless wingtips, and she is dressed from head to toe in black. With her long, pale face and mane of almost-waist-length, blue-black hair, she radiates the slightly alarming glamour of a Brothers Grimm sorceress.

A break is called, and Jagger shakes his head as he examines the most recent set of shots on the photographer’s computer screen. He’s been opening his mouth too wide, he says: he looks as if he were “at the dentist.” His hair is giving him agita.

Jagger turned 67 this year. He has been posing for photos — an activity he readily admits he finds “really awful, really boring” — for nearly half a century now. He has a knighthood, a fortune estimated at around $310 million and an assured place in the pantheon of rock gods. But none of this seems in any danger of making him complacent. On the contrary, he is as attentive to the nuances of his hairdo as any newly minted teen idol. “Public people put a lot of energy into what people think about them,” he tells me the following day. “Everyone does. I don’t care what they say. Everyone cares about it. You always want to control your image. I mean, you obviously can’t control it 100 percent. But if you’re a famous person, you obviously have a public personality that you try . . . that you want to project.” We are sitting in the Carlyle hotel’s Royal Suite, Jagger’s regular residence when he is in New York. A grand piano sits in the corner of the cathedral-like living room. A couple of guitars — an acoustic and a Gibson electric — are leaning against the sofa. Lying on the coffee table, alongside a bottle of Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Tonic, is a copy of the new Diaghilev biography that Jagger has just purchased.

“Everyone’s vain,” he continues. “It just depends on how vain you are on the day. Everyone’s vain when they have their photo taken.”

He is right: everyone is vain. Everyone wants to look good in a picture. Few, though, can muster Jagger’s steely commitment to achieving that end. More, perhaps, than any other rock star of his generation, Jagger has made it his business to understand and control the mechanics of his own stardom. He manifests no tempery neurosis; he pulls no celebrity sulks. He just insists, calmly, on getting things done as he wants them. “I think of him as coming from the English tradition of the actor-manager,” says Lorne Michaels, the executive producer of “Saturday Night Live.” “If you watch him get ready to put on a show, you’ll see that there is nothing that he is not aware of, that he is not intimately involved with, from lighting and design to how the curtain is going to hit the floor. There are very few people whose production skills impress me, but he’s one of them. He’s as good a showman and a producer as there is.”

Photo by Max Vudukul

“I got a powerful sense of his mastery of every detail of every aspect of the production,” says Martin Scorsese, who collaborated with Jagger on the Stones concert documentary “Shine a Light.” “And by that, I don’t just mean the music; he also has a sharp sense of cinema.” (As the documentary attests, Jagger even gave Scorsese his thoughts on where to place the cameras.) “You can delegate things to other people,” Jagger observes, “and you have to, to a certain extent, but if you’re not behind it and getting your knowledge and input into it, it’s not going to turn out as interestingly and probably it won’t be what you would like. It’ll be disappointing.”

It is not just in creative matters that Jagger insists on his “input.” His beady oversight of the Rolling Stones’ financial affairs has, famously, helped make the band one of the richest in rock ’n’ roll history. When he is on the road, he has been known to keep a map in his dressing room, indicating the city at which the tour will go into profit. “I’ve watched very carefully what he’s done,” says Jagger’s friend and occasional collaborator Lenny Kravitz, “how he’s turned the Rolling Stones into — I hate to use this word, but, you know — the brand it is today. The way he’s turned their music into something larger and yet always stayed in control of the whole thing — it’s been a real example to me.”

The rise of illegal file sharing and the correspondingly steep worldwide decline in CD sales have made these tough times for record companies and recording artists alike. But the Rolling Stones continue to do very nicely, thank you. This is partly because what remains of the market for CDs is dominated by baby boomers — the Stones’ demographic — and partly because Jagger, together with his recently retired financial adviser, Prince Rupert Loewenstein, has been exceptionally wily about exploiting other revenue streams. “There was a window in the 120 years of the record business where performers made loads and loads of money out of records,” Jagger says. “But it was a very small window — say, 15 years between 1975 and 1990.” Touring is now the most lucrative part of the band’s business. (The Bigger Bang tour, from 2005 to 2007, raked in $558 million, making it the highest-grossing tour of all time.) The band has also been ahead of the curve in recruiting sponsors, selling song rights and flogging merchandise. “The Stones carry no Woodstockesque, antibusiness baggage,” Andy Serwer noted approvingly back in 2002 in Fortune magazine. Indeed. Their most recent merchandising innovations include a range of “as worn by” apparel, replicating garments that individual band members sported back in the ’70s. (“It’s a very nice schmatte, actually,” Jagger comments.)

Not everyone, of course, is enchanted by Jagger’s business smarts. There are those who see the Stones’ transformation into a brand as an affront to the very spirit of rock ’n’ roll, a betrayal of the lawless, piratical impulse that once made them great. Such romantics are inclined to question whether a song like “Street Fighting Man”(“Hey! Said my name is called disturbance/I’ll shout and scream, I’ll kill the king, I’ll rail at all his servants”) can still be plausibly sung by an elderly knight who does sponsorship and licensing deals with Microsoft and Sprint. “There is at the heart of this music,” wrote the great Stones chronicler Stanley Booth in 1984, “a deep strain of mysterious insurrection and the music dies without it.”

It is not clear, though, that Jagger was ever that serious about insurrection. Others may have seen the Stones’ music as a sacred repository of anti-establishment values, but for his part, Jagger has always seemed much more interested in rock ’n’ roll as theater, as performance — as show business. He didn’t actually mean it about killing the king, any more than he meant it about being born in a crossfire hurricane. Which is perhaps why he has never evidenced much against about being cast as a sellout: you cannot expect a man to feel guilty about reneging on principles to which he was never committed in the first place.

Nonetheless, the idea of Jagger having sold out some crucial part of his former self remains a widespread and potent one. And, oddly enough, one of its most effective promoters has been Jagger’s bandmate Keith Richards, who, for decades now, has been publicly grumbling about Jagger’s conceit, bossiness, social climbing and so on. Until recently, his criticisms were understood to be consistent with an odd, fractious but fundamentally sound friendship. “Keith and Mick are, in many ways, 180 degrees opposite of each other,” says Don Was, who produced the last three Stones albums. “Part of the charm of the band has always been the tension between them. The rubber band gets pulled real taut sometimes. On the other hand, there’s this genuine bond and commonality. And in the end, I think, they both understand that together, they are much bigger than the sum of their parts.” Earlier this year, however, when Richards released his autobiography, “Life,” the hostility reached unprecedented heights. The book attacks Jagger on any number of fronts, from the quality of his voice to the size of his member (a “tiny todger”), but the gist of Richards’s message is that while he has has stayed true to his free-wheeling, subversive roots, Jagger has become increasingly pretentious and power-mad, an uptight, scheming Apollo to Richards’s reckless, groovy Dionysus: “Sometimes I think: ‘I miss my friend,’ ” he writes. “I wonder: ‘where did he go?’ ”

Marianne Faithfull once claimed that of all Jagger’s relationships, the one with Richards was “the only one that really means anything to him.” But whatever hurt he feels at being so elaborately and publicly dissed by his old pal, he has kept to himself. In the past, he has responded to Richards’s gibes with a contained and rather stately snideness. (When Richards took him to task for accepting the “paltry honor” of a knighthood, he shrugged and suggested that Richards was suffering from jealousy and acting like a child: “It’s like being given an ice cream — one gets one and they all want one.”) His comeback to the latest attacks aims for a similarly frosty dignity. “Personally,” he says, closing his eyes and pressing his hand to his chest, “I think it’s really quite tedious raking over the past. Mostly, people only do it for the money.”

Jagger has in fact, contemplated writing an autobiography of his own once or twice, but he has always ended up abandoning the idea. (“You don’t want to end up like some old footballer in a pub, talking about how he made the cross in the cup final in 1964.”) And he is content, it seems, to let Richards claim the title of lovable old rock ’n’ roll war horse. He would rather be distinguished by the renaissance breadth of his interests. He speaks excellent French. He is an ardent cricket fan. He acts. He produces movies. He reads widely in fiction and nonfiction. When asked what he has been reading lately, he leaps up to consult his Kindle and recites a long list that includes the stories of Alan Furst and Olen Steinhauer, “Churchill’s Empire” by Richard Toye and “Freedom” by Jonathan Franzen. (“It’s not really my kind of thing, but everyone was talking about it so I thought I’d have a look.”) On the morning of his interview, he missed his usual 40 minutes of every-other-day exercise in Central Park in order to attend a lecture on “wave and sand formations.” “Mick has a genuine disdain for nostalgia,” Lorne Michaels notes. “He is relentlessly curious, and more than most men of his age, he is really interested in talking about what’s happening now.”

Throughout our conversation in the Royal Suite living room, L’Wren Scott has been conducting a business meeting in another part of the suite. The couple, who met on a photo shoot, have been together for nine years now, and Jagger has become a reliable presence at her fashion shows, providing proud boyfriend quotations to the press and a useful shot of rock ’n’ roll glamour to the proceedings. Perhaps because Scott has a serious, demanding career of her own, their relationship has given the appearance of being rather more equal and grown-up than Jagger’s previous romances. But Jagger vigorously rejects the notion that he has departed from form. “I don’t know what ‘grown-up’ means,” he says. “If you mean you’re being supportive of someone who has a life, I’d say I’ve always done that. I used to support Marianne Faithfull’s career when I was, like, 22. I used to read her scripts with her. If it was ‘The Three Sisters,’ I’d be the other sisters. I was supportive, and she’d support me too. So, no, I disagree with that. I try and help L’Wren. You always try and help whoever you’re kind of dating. I always help them out in one way or another. When I was living with Jerry Hall, I used to help her pick her model pictures, or if she was doing a stage thing, I’d read her plays with her. I mean, that’s what you do, and vice versa, they do the same for you.”

It seems a little quaint for a 67-year-old to refer to his girlfriend of nearly a decade as someone he is “kind of dating.” But Jagger is disinclined to articulate any greater commitment. “I don’t really subscribe to a completely normal view of what relationships should be,” he says. “I have a bit more of a bohemian view. To be honest, I don’t really think much of marriage. I’m not saying it’s not a wonderful thing and people shouldn’t do it, but it’s not for me. And not for quite a few other people too, it would appear.” He laughs. “I just think it’s perhaps not quite what it’s cracked up to be. I know it’s an elaborate fantasy.”

He goes on to talk, in a rather rambling way, about the animal kingdom and how human mores regarding marriage and fidelity correspond to what we know of primate behavior. “If you have studied or have even a passing knowledge of animal behavior, it’s hard to see how our rules and regulation fit in,” he says at one point.

There are swans, he is reminded.

“Oh, yeah, I love it when women say that,” he replies. “I always have a joke with L’Wren about that. Women tend to say these things more than men do, don’t they?” He affects a sentimental whisper: “ ‘They mate for life, you know.’ ” He chortles heartily at this piece of feminine nonsense. “Yeah,” he muses, when his laughter dies away, “it’s swans and there’s one other. What is it? Albatross, or something.”

Has he, one wonders, got any better at romantic relationships over the years?

He looks irritated for a moment. And then he breaks out the patented Jagger grin — a goofy, face-dividing beam that sends his eyes deep into his head and manages to convey, even when all evidence is to the contrary, a deep, ingenuous delight with the world. “Nah, not really,” he says. “I’m quite independent.”

The New York Times
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2010 at 6:34pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:36am
It's always a source of amusement to read Mick and the people around him earnestly telling everyone that he's always looking forward and has no interest in nostalgia.

Something which appears to hold true until it's time to decide what songs the Stones are going to perform or if they're even going to be motivated to make a new record.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Buffalo,NY
Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:11am
Smiley Bienvenue

I don't think Sidney Sheldon novels are in the same league !? Or are they  Grin

puff puff

Mick U R Remarkable.

U Go Dude.

~~~MUSIC~~~ please Even Bubbles [Buble] sgot it.  really?

What ever happened to Motown? ???
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:24am by lavendar »  

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:45am
Gazza wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:36am:
It's always a source of amusement to read Mick and the people around him earnestly telling everyone that he's always looking forward and has no interest in nostalgia.

Something which appears to hold true until it's time to decide what songs the Stones are going to perform or if they're even going to be motivated to make a new record.

True, Gazza, but look at it in a different light: It explains why he works with the Stones so infrequently.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:56am
I agree with that, to a point - although he hasnt exactly been active since August 2007, when you think about it!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 11:04am
Gazza wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:56am:
I agree with that, to a point - although he hasnt exactly been active since August 2007, when you think about it!

But music, at least according to the thesis of this piece, is just one element of his life as a "renaissance man." Inactivity as a musician needn't imply inactivity in other areas ... I don't know how puffed up this image of Jagger is, but the (somewhat) sad truth is that we're fans of the music -- and, increasingly, Mick doesn't view his existence in terms of serving our desires.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

paul
Rocks Off Regular

England
Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 11:34am
He always wears naff trainers.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 12:03pm
paul wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 11:34am:
He always wears naff trainers.

Well, sometimes you don't have much choice when you're vertically challenged.  Blank Frigging Stare

Nike provides a lift for Jagger

Mick Jagger is the latest ageing lothario forced to add a few inches to keep up with his towering beauty - by wearing stacked heels.

The Stones front man was forced to resort to platform shoes to avoid the humiliation of being towered by his 6 ft 4 inch long-time love L'Wren Scott on the red carpets last night.

Mick adds the inches for L'Wren

His use of the trusted fashion aides follow the likes of Simon Cowell and French President Nicholas Sarkozy, who last week resorted to platforms to stand shoulder to shoulder with wife Carla Bruni during a state visit to Britain.
Jagger, who is 5ft 10, was in London's Leicester Square for the UK premiere of their new film Shine A Light directed by Martin Scorsese.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/133287-nike-provides-a-lift-for-jagger#ixzz17AQhW...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 12:20pm
He's about 5'10, isn't he? No worse than average height. Doesn't mean you have to date a giraffe.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 1:11pm
Mel Belli wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 12:20pm:
He's about 5'10, isn't he? No worse than average height. Doesn't mean you have to date a giraffe.

helmet to helmet postin'

IP Logged

BrownSugar
I'm new!!

Reply #13 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 1:35pm
Mick's own parents stayed married...maybe he should remember that.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #14 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 1:51pm

I think what people don't understand is that Mick and the rest of The Stones view The Stones as a project they return to every three or four years or so to nowadays. They don't see The Stones as a continuous functioning group who is always together and always working as a band.

Personally too I think it has become too sparse between recordings ...but The tours have been ample and really plentiful to contrary.

The Stones, while certainly their bread and butter and main line, is something they go into as more a project, or new project with the entity rather than this continuous functioning act. I suppose until people finally accept this they will never understand.

As for myself, I understand it... I accept it.... but I do think the recordings could of been a bit more plentiful over the past twenty years.

89 - 94 =5 years ,   97-2005 =eight friggin years...., 2005 till probably 2011=six years..

We could of used a couple more since eighty nine.

As for everything otherwise it has been great. Several huge tours...live albums.... video's....a couple movies....

Although tooooo much of a good thing turns out to seem not quite as good so don't get me wrong...I don't want showered with constant Stones new doings... (who does). However, we could of used another album or two...

Still lookin forward to the next.

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #15 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 1:54pm
Mel Belli wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 11:04am:

But music, at least according to the thesis of this piece, is just one element of his life as a "renaissance man." Inactivity as a musician needn't imply inactivity in other areas ... I don't know how puffed up this image of Jagger is, but the (somewhat) sad truth is that we're fans of the music -- and, increasingly, Mick doesn't view his existence in terms of serving our desires.

Well, I wasnt just referring to him being musically inactive for the last 3 and a half years. He hasnt exactly been busy on the film production front either. Aside from what work he did for the 'Exile' reissue, I cant think of any activity since the last Stones tour that would have kept him busy for more than a few days at a time. It seems to have been pretty much all attending fashion shows and movie premieres.

Quite surprising, because normally in Stones down-time in the past, he's been a workaholic compared to the other three.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #16 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 2:24pm

Mick is of average height for a dude...he is heightening because he's boinking Olive Oyl on stilts.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #17 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 2:32pm
Not exactly sure what the point of that article was. Other than Mick trying to get his name in the press and take subtle shot at Keith. Their was no mention of music,no mention of future Stones activity. No mention of Mick promoting something. All in all,I'd say it was more than a bit puffy. taylor made smile

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #18 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 9:36am
Gazza wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 1:54pm:
Mel Belli wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 11:04am:

Well, I wasnt just referring to him being musically inactive for the last 3 and a half years. He hasnt exactly been busy on the film production front either. Aside from what work he did for the 'Exile' reissue, I cant think of any activity since the last Stones tour that would have kept him busy for more than a few days at a time. It seems to have been pretty much all attending fashion shows and movie premieres.

Quite surprising, because normally in Stones down-time in the past, he's been a workaholic compared to the other three.

HE DID PRODUCE THAT SHITE FILM "THE WOMEN"

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 10:55am

Larger version of the T cover shot:

Photo by Max Vudukul

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #20 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 3:49pm
O M G ..... lets seewhat have I accomplished in the last 3 1/2 years --

That makes me Laugh.I just wish he would keep on singin ~~~~

Let me see Rod doesn't want to give it up..

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #21 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 7:02pm
MICK looks so fvcking HOT! I dont care about his shoes, he looks great! Dont care about his accomplishments in the last 3 1/2 years! One look at MICK and I melt, body temperature rising, literally. MICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO FVCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Wow ok RO'ers, sorry for the outburst, it's actually kind of funny! I just love MICK JAGGER's sweet ass, his face, his charm, his whole act thrills me to the core every time!

And fvck KEEF, he's an old bag of wind. He's got nothing on MICK JAGGER, nothing at all. Without MICK KEEF would have never gotten as far as he has. IMO.

Hey newbie, Brown Sugar I like your style! Love the hard nipple 'signature' pic! 

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #22 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 10:21pm
Bitch wrote on Dec 5th, 2010 at 7:02pm:
MICK looks so fvcking HOT! I dont care about his shoes, he looks great! Dont care about his accomplishments in the last 3 1/2 years! One look at MICK and I melt, body temperature rising, literally. MICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO FVCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Well, I reckon you'll have to take a cold shower.  Unless, you're a tall, thin super-model . . .  forget it!  He's not into short, little fat chicks.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #23 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 11:03pm
gorda wrote on Dec 5th, 2010 at 10:21pm:
Bitch wrote on Dec 5th, 2010 at 7:02pm:

Well, I reckon you'll have to take a cold shower.  Unless, you're a tall, thin super-model . . .  forget it!  He's not into short, little fat chicks.

I'm not short, little or fat, even so I dont actually expect to have a go at it 'in real life' with MICK! It's just a life-long fantasy! I never took a cold shower in my life, it would be unbearable! Maybe that saying originated with men, a cold shower can shrink a hard dick!? Instead I prefer relaxing in a nice warm bath, listening Stones music, and the door opens, MICK walks in, leans over and kisses me with his hot tongue, bulging in his tight jeans, ............and there you have it, another MICK fantasy!!!!!! The variations are endless, dancing in a club, half naked on a beach, in a posh hotel room, en route in a jet plane....
Perverted Mick

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #24 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 12:19am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 2:32pm:
Not exactly sure what the point of that article was. Other than Mick trying to get his name in the press and take subtle shot at Keith. Their was no mention of music,no mention of future Stones activity. No mention of Mick promoting something. All in all,I'd say it was more than a bit puffy. taylor made smile

Yes, what a total waste of space, I was happy to have found that NYT supplement that somebody had abandoned but I'm not even sure I'll pop it open.

The only good news is that he has a piano and guitars in his hotel suite. The rest is pretty pathetic stuff and if anything proves Keith's points in his book...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)