Autor Tema: £300 "barato" para ver a los Rolling Stones...  (Leído 690 veces)

Desconectado rogerriffin

• On the way down to Mexico...
    • MSN Messenger - rogerriffin@rocksoff.org
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://www.rocksoff.org/phpBB/images/avatars/114687131047325ed9ad589.jpg
    • Email
£300 "barato" para ver a los Rolling Stones...
« on: Agosto 15, 2013, 10:50:40 am »
 :-* Primero el diseñador de Grrregory dijo que no le imporrtaba que el gorila no le haya gustado a los fans de los STones, y luego el promotor de BST, dijo que pagar por ver a los Stones en Hyde Park a £300 es un precio bajo...

Donde estamos quedando los fans que apoyan el arte y concepto de un producto de su banda favorita y aparte pagamos lo que sea por viajar y entrar a uno de sus conciertos??

Me quedo con la satisfacción obtenida al verlos en vivo en este tour y tener una recopilación de 80 canciones muy bien hecha y con material que por fín vió la luz después de casi 50 años... el promotor y el diseñador que sigan limpiandose con sus billetes....

- Gig tickets are under-priced says promoter of Rolling Stones' £300 Hyde Park shows

Adam Sherwin  Tuesday 13 August 2013

The promoter of The Rolling Stones’ Summer concerts, where tickets were sold for £300, has said that his shows are under-priced and warned fans they will need to pay more for spectacular performances.

Rob Hallett, president of international touring at AEG, the company which staged the British Summer Time concerts in Hyde Park, said the flourishing secondary ticket market, where fans can re-sell spare tickets at a huge profit, indicated that the box office price charged by promoters was too low.

“If you buy a car for £5k and someone comes along and offers you £10k for it, you go, ‘That’s a great profit, you’ve made £5k - well done.’ A ticket is a commodity like any other,” Hallett told Music Week.

“So long as it’s done in a manner where it’s a fan selling to another fan, if it makes a profit good luck to you. In that case (of a resale making a profit) I’ve messed up because I haven’t priced it right - I should have charged more in the first place.”

Tickets for the Rolling Stones two Hyde Park shows were priced from £100 to £300 for a special enclosure at the side of the stage. Prices will continue to rise, predicted Hallett.

“It’s getting the price right for the audience that you’re playing to and the cost of the show. Production is hugely expensive,” he said. “If you go to a show you’ve paid £100 to see and there’s giant video screens and 100 dancers and people coming out the ceiling and pyro you go, ‘wow that was great’.

“But if you’ve paid £100 and you’ve got five kids jumping up and down going: ‘yeah, yeah, yeah’ with a couple of spotlights on them you’re going to think, ‘I’ve been ripped off.’”

Seats for boyband quintet One Direction’s Wembley Stadium concerts next Summer are being sold for £80, a price intended to deter online touts buying up large numbers of tickets and reselling them at substantial profit.

Labour is preparing an attempt in the Commons in the autumn to bring in new controls on the resale of event tickets. MPs of all parties, with the support of music promoters and rock bands including Iron Maiden and the Arctic Monkeys, are pressing for Government action to curb the £1 billion secondary ticketing industry.

However AEG’s Hyde Park Summer shows, which included headline concerts by Lionel Richie and Bon Jovi, failed to sell out at the box office. “We didn’t sell out, nothing sold out this Summer - everyone who tells you aside from Glastonbury their Summer events sold out is probably not telling 100% the truth,” Hallett said. “But we did extremely well for our first year in the park.”

Following complaints over noise from residents, AEG built a new “oak tree” stage, pointing away from Mayfair’s luxury apartments, which allowed the Stones to break volume records.

Jim King, AEG event director, said: “The Rolling Stones played the loudest anybody’s ever played in Hyde Park before and we had one complaint. The music could have been off and we’d have still had that complaint anyway.”

AEG, which has won Competition Commission (CC) approval to take over the management of the 12,500 capacity Wembley Arena, said it planned to make the Hyde Park gigs “bigger and better” in 2014.

The Office of Fair Trading had raised concerns that the Wembley deal would lead to AEG, which also operates the O2 Arena and Hammersmith Apollo, controlling three of the four largest indoor venues in the capital.

But a CC investigation found that the company would not be able to use its muscle to raise the hire price for Wembley shows because artists rely on other factors, such as a venue’s prestige, availability and capacity, when choosing where to play.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/gig-tickets-are-under...
Rock`n`Roll, Let`s Go!!!
Keith, Mèxico 1995.
Disculpen por la tardemia!
Mick, Monterrey 2006.

"Pon a los Stones para aterrizar mejor!" M-Clan

Desconectado rogerriffin

• Ver Perfil
    • Email
Re:£300 "barato" para ver a los Rolling Stones...
« Respuesta #1 on: Agosto 15, 2013, 10:53:39 am »
Aqui la nota de Walton Ford:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rolling-stones-gorilla-logo-artist-slams-critics-and-fans-20130805

Rolling Stones Gorilla Logo Artist Slams Critics
Walton Ford offering limited-edition etching of widely seen gorilla logo

August 5, 2013 12:30 PM ET

When the Rolling Stones were organizing their 50th anniversary celebrations, Mick Jagger approached his friend, contemporary artist Walton Ford – who has made a career painting naturalist scenes – to design a logo. In the Seventies spirit of the National Lampoon magazine and "grotesque underground comics," Ford repurposed one of his sympathetic paintings of King Kong, adding the band’s famous tongue-and-lips logo. "I saw the Rolling Stones as a sort of silverback,” Ford tells Rolling Stone. “All the metaphors of King Kong and all of that are applicable – their kind of enormity of their accomplishment over the period of 50 years.”

The band loved the image. “The irreverence of Walton Ford’s imagery captured the spirit of the tour,” they said in a statement. They used it on the cover of their 50th anniversary compilation GRRR!, and in marketing their massive "50 and Counting" tour, at one point displaying the piece at 50 locations around the world.

But some fans weren’t as excited about the logo. “A lot of people didn’t like it at all,” Ford says. “That was good. I was glad that they didn’t like it. I mean, the last people who I wanted to please were Rolling Stones fans.”

Wingate Studio

Ford continues, “They are really nasty. It’s a general rule they have a fan base that just seem to be always angry at the Rolling Stones for a lot of reasons. They’ve got their own grudges. I shouldn’t say that I didn’t really care. I probably did care, but when the Rolling Stones were doing their best work, they were a step ahead of the people that loved them so much. I thought, ‘How cool that I get an opportunity to piss their fans off?'"

The logo is now for sale as a limited-edition etching of 100 signed and numbered by Ford, available at the Paul Kasmin Shop. “They are really beautiful,”  says Ford, who has made a practice of creating etchings for the last decade. “I just go and work at this print shop and we use all the old tools that were used by Rembrandt, you know, this is a very ancient technique of marking on copper plate and making prints by hand. It seemed appropriate to do sort of an anachronistic tribute print to the 50th..”

The piece doesn't come cheap though; it costs $7,500. “It’s just this is going to be an elitist, kind of expensive thing because the processes are expensive," says Ford, who's still buzzing about the experience. "I was born in 1960 and I had an older brother who collected records. The Rolling Stones were pretty much it for us growing up. That’s what we aspired to be – that sort of attitude."

Rock`n`Roll, Let`s Go!!!
Keith, Mèxico 1995.
Mick, Monterrey 2006.

Desconectado Maczee

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #2 on: Agosto 15, 2013, 11:54:49 am »
£300 en Inglaterra es un montón de dinero para casi cualquier cosa.

Desconectado SeNdEr

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #3 on: Agosto 15, 2013, 12:16:46 pm »
£300 en Inglaterra es un montón de dinero para casi cualquier cosa.

Son casi 3000 pesos, una locura.

Desconectado Cleik

• MSN Messenger - cleik@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - kleicone@yahoo.com.mx
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #4 on: Agosto 15, 2013, 02:10:08 pm »
Estas cuestiones dan un poco de mucha risa.
De verdad ustedes creen que a los Rolling Stones les importan los "fans"???

Seria como pensar que a Coca Cola company le interesa que sus consumidores no sean obesos o que a nestle le interese que las poblaciones mas pobres del mundo tengan accceso al agua potable

NO MAMEN QUE ARDE!!!!

:-* :-* :-* :-*

Desconectado rogerriffin

• Ver Perfil
    • Email
« Respuesta #5 on: Agosto 15, 2013, 02:13:47 pm »
No se esta cuestonando a los Stones, los articulos hablan del promotor de BST y de Walton Ford...

Rock`n`Roll, Let`s Go!!!
Keith, Mèxico 1995.
Mick, Monterrey 2006.

Desconectado capetruza

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #6 on: Agosto 15, 2013, 04:45:51 pm »
El costo es proporcion a lo que ellos cobran por show, obviamente los productores no solo deben salvar gastos sino que ganar...

Lucianito

• Visitante
« Respuesta #7 on: Agosto 15, 2013, 06:06:53 pm »
Recuerdo que en los puestos de merchandising del HP, la litografia con la cara de Grrregory, firmada por su autor, salia 300 Libras. No vi a nadie comprando una.