Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, FL - August 30, 2019 - UPDATE: Due to the weather forecast, the show scheduled for Saturday has been moved up a day, to Friday (Read 12,659 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Miami Party?
Reply #25 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 10:35am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Those aren't tarps they are umbrellas.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #26 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 11:10am
Hurricane Dorian projected to be a Category Four:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/hurricane-dorian-august-2019/index.html
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2019 at 11:36am by Edith Grove »  

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #27 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 11:52am
Fuck!! Category four is terrible, by friday could be 2 so I'm almosty sure they are going to move the date

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #28 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 12:22pm
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article234420672.html

UPDATE: Due to the weather forecast, the Rolling Stones show scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 31, at the Hard Rock Stadium has been moved up a day, to Friday, Aug. 30, according to the Stones’ representatives.. All tickets will be honored for the new date. There will be no opening act — so no Juanes performance. Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the Stones will go on at 8:30 p.m.

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: UPDATE: Due to the weather forecast, the show scheduled for Saturday has been moved up a day, to Friday
Reply #29 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 12:25pm
Just in case, this is the official twit

https://twitter.com/RollingStones/status/1167125544237961216

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: UPDATE: Due to the weather forecast, the show scheduled for Saturday has been moved up a day, to Friday
Reply #30 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 12:48pm
My flight gets into Ft Lauderdale at 2 Friday.....I could get a refund I guess or go and take a chance on getting home on my Monday flight...geeshhh

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #31 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 1:32pm
Well, ain't that fucked up for all the people travelling long distances.

Hope they at least get ALL of their ticket money back.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #32 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 8:18pm
Rescheduled but its already thundering and lightning tonight and the rain is supposed to continue through the next 5 days. DAMMIT!
Everyone is gonna be soaked unless a the Stones can pull off a miracle! May the clouds open up at showtime! No opening act, I bet its a quick show, they are wisked off the stage and jet right out of here!

Song vote is up! Cheesy

I do give them credit for not canceling altogether. At least they are trying to accommodate the fans.

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #33 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 1:37am
Adore Le Piat A' Dorian

Wasn't she Donny Wood's, of The Gay City Rollers, assistant? Or was that Doreen?

Show-stopping loveliness,  surely?

When The Wind Come Down? Nah.

A tour plus at least three quarters.

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2019 at 1:45am by WaiteringOnAFiend »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #34 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 9:00am
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 12:48pm:
My flight gets into Ft Lauderdale at 2 Friday.....I could get a refund I guess or go and take a chance on getting home on my Monday flight...geeshhh

Fuck it dude, let's go to Dragon Con.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #35 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 9:25am
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 1:32pm:
Well, ain't that fucked up for all the people travelling long distances.

Hope they at least get ALL of their ticket money back.

I think most airlines would refund monies on the actual flights they can cancel...maybe for trips within a certain envelope  as well...

They can always move the show up to Atlanta or Raleigh....its just as an inconvenience

You would think they would be forced to cancel the show. A state of emergency is usually an exception to any type of monetary obligation:

West Palm Beach, Florida (CNN)All of Florida is under a state of emergency and authorities are urging residents to stockpile a week's worth of food and supplies as Hurricane Dorian gathers strength and aims to slam the state as soon as Monday as a Category 4 storm.

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2019 at 9:31am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #36 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 12:21pm
You've got to love the rs.com reaction to this. They presumably have several thousand of this weekend's concert attendees on their mailing list, some of whom may not have access to social media, but the e-mail sent today isnt telling you important news like a change to a concert date - but is instead offering you the chance to purchase 'The Band's Hands' for only Ł1,500....

Ronnie Wood has just unveiled ‘The Band’s Hands’ – paying tribute to his Rolling Stones bandmates.

This collection of four limited edition numbered prints comes hand-signed and also features a signed frontispiece in a presentation box.

The hands have such personality; they are the connection of each member of the greatest rock and roll band in the world with their instrument.

Oh no! not you again

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 2:01pm
Gazza - are you suggesting that last night someone should instead have sent out an e-advert for hand-signed art-paper prints - drawn weeks ago - of each band-member having one off the wrist?

They may be saving the title "Hands That Do 'Dishes'" for the next album.

Happy days.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #38 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 9:01pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 11:10am:
Hurricane Dorian projected to be a Category Four:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/hurricane-dorian-august-2019/index.html

Pussy ass Floridians. In NOLA , they call that a nice day. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? You rock! Brian's smile

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #39 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 10:49pm
At the next show in Germany, they should sell special limited edition prints, entitled "Hans' Favourite Band's Hands", and market it either under the bandstand - which Mick presumably wouldn't ever allow - or at least very close to some hand-dryers.

Happy 'ays.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #40 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 2:51am
FFs can nobody bother to update the setlists any more ?

here you go - thanks to Irix on IORR

1) JJ Flash
2) IORR
3) Tumbling Dice
4) Out of Control
5) Under My Thumb (Song Vote)
6) Can't Always Get What You Want
7) Sweet Virginia (B-Stage, acoustic)
8) Dead Flowers (B-Stage, acoustic)
9) SFTD
10) Honky Tonk Women
--- Band Introductions ---
11) You Got The Silver (Keith)
12) Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
13) Miss You
14) Paint It, Black
15) Midnight Rambler
16) Start Me Up
17) Brown Sugar
--- Encore ---
18) Gimme Shelter
19) Satisfaction

... ... ...
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #41 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 8:01am
If last night's concert turns out to be their final paid performance, the Stones will share that date with the Beatles last paid performance.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #42 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 9:32am
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 31st, 2019 at 8:01am:
If last night's concert turns out to be their final paid performance, the Stones will share that date with the Beatles last paid performance.

It's over.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #43 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 10:10am

That is quite interesting...and not even calculated in the least...too bad it didnt happen in Santa Clara (SF Bay area) as well...The Sex Pistols also had their last show in SFO on that date...actually it was Jan 14...lol

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #44 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 10:36am

Almost. The Beatles' Candlestick Park show was on August 29th.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #45 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 11:45am
Wee bit of a lump in the throat moment here around 3:35

From facebook, here it is from the front (albeit shorter)

https://www.facebook.com/ashling.smith5493/videos/10218542547369111/UzpfSTI0MTU3...

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #46 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 11:55am
Watch the Rolling Stones Wrap Up 2019 Tour With Rain-Drenched ‘Gimme Shelter’

As soon as “a storm is threatening my very life today” left Mick Jagger’s mouth, the clouds over Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium began pelting the crowd with rain

The Miami concert was originally supposed to open up the tour on April 29th, but Mick Jagger’s heart surgery forced a postponement of every show until later in the summer. Miami ultimately became the final stop with a show booked for August 31st, but once it became clear that Hurricane Dorian was barreling towards Florida they moved it forward one day with just about 24 hours notice.

The last minute shift seemed to have little impact on attendance as nearly every seat appeared to be full Friday night, even though a little rainstorm delayed the start about an hour. Appropriately enough, they opened up with “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” (“I was born in a cross-fire hurricane/And I howled at the morning driving rain”), but they were fortunate that the rain held off until “Gimme Shelter” 17 songs later. Nobody would have complained if that song ended the night, but they still powered through an extended “Satisfaction” in the pouring rain to wrap up the night and the tour.

The Rolling Stones’ future plans are unclear at the moment, but Jagger did tell the crowd “See you next time!” before walking offstage. They have toured every single year since ending their extended hiatus in 2012, and there’s no reason to think next year will be any different. After all, this is a band that doesn’t even let an impending category 4 hurricane stop them.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-rolling-stones-gimme-shelter-m...

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #47 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 12:25pm
'Satisfaction' and final bows

... ... ...
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #48 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 1:06pm
©  Rich Fury

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #49 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 1:16pm
Gazza wrote on Aug 31st, 2019 at 2:51am:
FFs can nobody bother to update the setlists any more ?

Got stoned and i missed it!

Now seriously, I was in the seventh show in Mexico City by King Crimson, the closing day and yes, got stoned and forgot about the stones, blame it on the stones, tonight I’m available and they moved the date.

But yes, seems that the regulars don't give a fuck about posting it in our absence

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)