Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Jini telling the truth to the world © Don't remember!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
MetLife Stadium, NJ#2 Aug 5, 2019 - Live streaming, Setlist, Photos, Parties, etc (Read 7,514 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: MetLife Stadium, NJ#2 Aug 5, 2019 - Live streaming, Setlist, Photos, Parties, etc
Reply #50 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 8:45am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: MetLife Stadium, NJ#2 Aug 5, 2019 - Live streaming, Setlist, Photos, Parties, etc
Reply #51 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 12:47pm

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #52 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 3:16pm
Harlem Shuffle is as good as any version they have ever done. It's a little strange though because I don't think I've ever heard the guitars being this low in the mix before. For those who attended, is it just the video, or were the guitars as drowned out as they seemed? The horns were wonderful.

IP Logged

KMC
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Bayonne, NJ
Reply #53 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 4:45pm

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #54 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 6:29pm
A few special guests showed up at Chuck Leavell's gig at Gramercy Theatre last night...

Charlie Watts, darryl jones, sasha allen, matt clifford and karl denson

« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2019 at 6:32pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #55 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 8:29am
We are The Greatest!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #56 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 7:34am
I watched this show last night with beer, Out standing!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #57 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 12:11pm

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #58 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 8:35pm
For me this was the best show of the tour. We got a great setlist and the band was really tight. There is no rustiness at all, they rocked the hell out of a packed stadium! I was so happy to be back in Jersey and seeing a bunch of my Stones friends and party down! Yeah I pulled an all-nighter after the show which I haven't done in ages Grin.

GREAT PICS HERE! What is Stonesdoug doing here on RO?

IP Logged

Stoned In Staten Island
Rocks Off Regular

Cold Italian Pizza

2000 Light Years from Home
Reply #59 - Mar 8th, 2020 at 6:36pm
Hope no one minds me giving this a bump as this was a very special show for me.

This was my first show since 2005 (at the old Giants Stadium, fittingly), and I went into this show with a huge sense of trepidation; I had been wary of the band's staying power after hearing some of the band's 2018 shows, where I felt the tempos dragged, Mick sounded extremely weak and fatigued, and Keith's playing was toothless at best and heartbreaking at its worst.

Those doubts were erased pretty much the second Keith ripped into "Jumpin' Jack Flash"; it was clear that this was the band I fell in love with, the sharp, dangerous unit that created the soundtrack to so many moments in my life.

They kept that energy all night; at no point did they sound like they were phoning it in or dragging in energy. Every song had a groove and a punch. On paper, I could've done without "You Got Me Rocking," "Harlem Shuffle," and even "Monkey Man" (I love it, but I'd heard it before and was pulling for "Rocks Off"), but these songs turned out to be huge highlights of the evening. As a set list nerd, I was just happy to say I got a song that had not been played in 30 years.

The biggest highlights for me were "Jumpin' Jack Flash," "Midnight Rambler," "Paint It Black" (the one Top 5 fave I had never heard), "Brown Sugar," and "Gimme Shelter"; in particular "Gimme Shelter" is my favorite song of all time and this was honestly the best live version I've ever heard. It sounded so strong and powerful and had the chilling, apocalyptic edge it seemed to be missing for a long time.

Seeing the band so on target at this stage in the game was inspiring and I left the stadium on such a high knowing how capable they are of still bringing it to this day.

WWW https://www.facebook.com/anthony.nasti  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)