Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Ronnie solo album and documentary to be released in October 2019 (Read 679 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
New Ronnie solo album and documentary to be released in October 2019
Jul 19th, 2019 at 8:29am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I know we have a separate thread for all things Ronnie, but I think this one merits one on it's own

IT'S STONELY RON
Rolling Stones icon Ronnie Wood is recording his first solo album in almost a decade

EXCLUSIVE
From Simon Boyle's Bizarre Column
18 Jul 2019, 21:30
Updated: 18 Jul 2019, 21:30

WITH a world tour to finish and twin toddlers running around, you would think Ronnie Wood has enough on his plate right now.

But the Rolling Stones rocker has found time to make his first studio album in nine years.

Rolling Stones rocker Ronnie Wood has finally found time to release his first solo album in almost a decade

It drops in October to coincide with a documentary about the 72-year-old guitarist’s amazing life.

A music insider said: “This album and the TV show is a big deal for Ronnie.

“He hasn’t done any solo recordings since I Feel Like Playing and Live In London in 2010.

“He felt it was time to tell his story with a programme he fully cooperated with. It’s likely to be with the BBC or Netflix and offers a very candid look back on his life.

Ronnie, 72, has done well to find the time to write and record after third wife Sally Humphreys gave birth to twins

“But making this documentary, which has taken four years to complete, and the album, hasn’t been easy.

“He’s had to juggle so many things over the last decade.”

In 2012 Ronnie married Sally Humphreys, his third wife. She gave birth to twins Gracie and Alice in 2016.

Ron is also working his way through the Rolling Stones' No Filter world tour

Two years ago, Ronnie had part of a lung removed due to cancer. He refused chemotherapy, fearing he would lose his hair. But he did quit smoking after 50 years.

Ronnie has said: “There was a week when everything hung in the balance. It could have been curtains.”

Now he is back on the road as the Stones complete their No Filter world tour. But Ronnie still found time to nip into a recording studio in South West London to put the new album to bed.

There’s no way I’d have the energy to live Ronnie’s crazy life.

It’s exhausting just writing about his antics.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9537201/rolling-stones-ronnie-wood-recordi...
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2019 at 8:30am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: New Ronnie solo album and documentary to be released in October 2019
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 10:02am
smoking more weed is good for your health Ouch!

I like it!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Re: New Ronnie solo album and documentary to be released in October 2019
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 12:40am
I hope he takes this a little more seriously because up until Slide on This, I thought that his albums were outstanding. If this is another excuse to doss about and put together something vapid, he should wait until he can put something good together.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)