Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans July 14 - Live streaming, Setlist, Photos, Reports etc (Read 10,241 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans July 14 - Live streaming, Setlist, Photos, Reports etc
Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:17pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I know this show is still a few days away and its indoors, but there must be a few question marks over whether its going to go ahead as the city is already suffering severe flooding and may be hit by a hurricane this weekend

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/10/weather/gulf-tropical-storm-outlook-wednesday...
https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/storm-tracker/
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:26pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans July 14 - Setlist, Photos, Reviews etc
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:17pm
We're in sort of a "wait and see" mode down here.

A freak storm developed over the city early this morning that dumped eight inches of water in three hours, not related to that tropical formation that's moving in our direction.

Computer models (mostly) have the tropical system bypassing NOLA while still in the gulf, then turning northward towards central Louisiana.

We'll find out more in the next couple of days, but NOLA ain't of the woods yet.

https://www.nola.gov

Be looking for the song vote, and don't vote for Rain Fall Down.  piss off
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:23pm by Edith Grove »  

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans July 14 - Live streaming, Setlist, Photos, Reports etc
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:30pm
Oooooh a storm is threat'ning

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans July 14 - Live streaming, Setlist, Photos, Reports etc
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:42pm
Yeah the storm is threatening! It doesnt look safe to move the crew and equipment into flooded areas.  The flights are being cancelled, postponed, delayed  Restaurants and hotels are closing. What a bummer for the fans who are traveling.  What if they have to postpone it again?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:58pm
...and it's "wide open"

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:38pm

<  ----------- Keith to the Rescue  : RAINSTICK !!!!! :

" Rolling Stones Superdome concert still on despite threat of Tropical Storm Barry. "

BY KEITH SPERA | Staff writer Jul 11, 2019

" The Rolling Stones concert scheduled for Sunday night at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome is still on for now, despite Tropical Storm Barry's potential impact on south Louisiana this weekend.

The New Orleans area may experience heavy rain and flooding from Tropical Storm Barry, which may increase in strength to a Category 1 hurricane, making landfall west of the city sometime on Saturday.

Depending on the potential impact, the status of the Rolling Stones concert could still change.

"Everyone is watching the weather forecasts very closely," Superdome general manager Alan Freeman said Thursday morning. "If there is a change of plans we will get the word out right away."

Meanwhile, the load-in and construction of the Stones' massive stage at the Superdome is already underway. Several days are needed to erect the stage and its towering video walls.

If the New Orleans show were at an outdoor stadium, as are most other stops on the band's 17-date No Filter tour, stormy weather could interfere with the construction of the stage.

Because the Dome is enclosed, the Stones' road crew can build the stage in a rain-free environment and have it ready to go for the scheduled show time.

The Rolling Stones performed at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts on July 7; the Superdome show on July 14 is the next stop on the tour's itinerary. The members of the band have reportedly already arrived in New Orleans to spend a few days in the city ahead of Sunday's show.

The Rolling Stones were originally slated to perform on May 2 at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. That show was cancelled, and the rest of the No Filter tour postponed, so singer Mick Jagger could undergo surgery to replace a valve in his heart.

The Superdome date was added to the itinerary of the rescheduled tour. It will be the Rolling Stones' first New Orleans concert in 25 years. The band last performed in the city at the Superdome in October 1994 during the Voodoo Lounge tour.

Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk is slated to open for the Stones on Sunday. Neville has long been affiliated with the Stones camp, and spent several years in Stones guitarist Keith Richards' solo band, the X-Pensive Winos.

On Thursday morning, Neville boarded a plane bound for New York. He is scheduled to perform in New York on Thursday and in Wyoming on Friday, then fly back to New Orleans on Saturday ahead of Sunday's show at the Superdome.

"As far as I know, everything's a go" for Sunday, he said before boarding his flight Thursday.

Tickets to Sunday's concert are still available through Ticketmaster, starting at $69 plus service charges. Resale sites have tickets listed for less than face value. "

[www.nola.com]
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2019 at 1:29pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 8:44am
Edith Grove wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:17pm:
We're in sort of a "wait and see" mode down here.

A freak storm developed over the city early this morning that dumped eight inches of water in three hours, not related to that tropical formation that's moving in our direction.

Computer models (mostly) have the tropical system bypassing NOLA while still in the gulf, then turning northward towards central Louisiana.

We'll find out more in the next couple of days, but NOLA ain't of the woods yet.

https://www.nola.gov

Be looking for the song vote, and don't vote for Rain Fall Down.  piss off

Be safe Edith and good luck!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:26pm
If this forecast holds up, the eye of the storm will make landfall Saturday morning about 125 miles west of NOLA.

I'm thinking we'll have a show Sunday.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:33pm
Intensity forecast just got lowered as well. Looking even better.

Still keeping an eye on it though.

There's a reason why they don't call them Himacanes.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 5:31pm
Will Rolling Stones play Superdome Sunday? No change yet, but forecasts watched 'closely'

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/keith_spera/article_f3a1477a-a3e2-11e9-a...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 8:28pm
Is that why there is no song vote posted??

Be safe...be smart...be well...hope you get a swell show Edith!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:03pm

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2019 at 1:58pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:36am
We predict this will be wide assed open.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 10:26am

<  ------------       " The Rolling Stones move Sunday’s Superdome show to Monday .   "

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/keith_spera/article_89b8b16c-a410-11e9-8...

" Rolling Stones postpone Superdome concert to Monday because of Tropical Storm Barry . "

" As late as Thursday afternoon, Rolling Stones drummer and eternal optimist Charlie Watts still believed the band would perform as scheduled in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Sunday night, despite the looming threat of Tropical Storm Barry. He said as much to a fan he encountered in the French Quarter.

But by Friday morning, the Stones had changed their tune, deciding to postpone their New Orleans show by 24 hours. It is now scheduled for Monday. Tickets for the original date will be honored.

A message posted on the band's official Twitter account Friday morning noted, "We’re here with you — we’ll get through this together."

The Stones previously canceled a May 2 performance at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, and postponed the rest of their No Filter tour, so Mick Jagger could undergo heart valve replacement surgery.

When the rescheduled No Filter itinerary was announced, it included a new date at the Superdome on July 14. It was to be the band's first performance in New Orleans since an October 1994 show at the Dome during the Voodoo Lounge tour.

The Stones' crew began building the band's massive stage set inside the Superdome soon after the stage for last weekend's Essence Festival was moved out.

The band members traveled to New Orleans this week after performing at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, on July 7. They planned to enjoy several days off in New Orleans. At least a couple of those days have turned out to be stormy.

As forecasts throughout the week pointed toward Barry coming ashore somewhere in south Louisiana this weekend, some Stones fans who planned to travel to New Orleans for the show began to rethink their plans. They expressed concerns on the Stones' Twitter feed about the possibility of canceled flights or having to drive to New Orleans across the storm's path from points west of the city.

AEG, the promoter of the No Filter tour, as well as members of the band apparently held out hope as late as Thursday that the show could still go on Sunday as scheduled.

Longtime Rolling Stones fan Dylan "James" Stansbury and a friend were headed to the Rouses grocery in the French Quarter on Thursday to buy storm supplies when Stansbury spotted Watts heading his way on Royal Street.

Stansbury said hello and asked the Stones drummer if the band still intended to perform on Sunday.

According to Stansbury, the 78-year-old Watts replied, “Yeah, we’re playing Sunday at the Superdome, and we’re going to take the roof off.”

“Taking the roof off” or “blowing the roof off” is common slang for playing a great show. But when used in reference to a show at the Superdome soon after a tropical storm system moves through the area … well, the irony was not lost on Stansbury.

As he recalled, he said something to Watts along the lines of, “The last time a storm was coming, it was Katrina, and the roof did come off!”

Barring any other last-minute changes, the Rolling Stones will headline the Superdome on Monday. Local band Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk, augmented by the Soul Rebels, will open the show from 7:30 to 8:15 p.m. The Stones are scheduled to hit the stage at 8:45 p.m. "

Tickets are still available.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2019 at 1:45pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 10:42am
Moved to Monday!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:50am
24 hrs....could have been worse....#July_effin_3rd
I hope they stopped the stage construction until after the storm...

Does anyone know...do they have 2 stage setups at one time? One going up and one going down. alternating cities?OR are those days gone with their 4 day pauses...I would hate for any potential damage to the stage in NOLA to cause issues/ delays in JAX and/or PHL

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 5:24pm
Just came in from a walk on the levee.

The Mighty Mississippi is flowing upriver.
  Have you no fucking shame?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 5:40pm
Hope it doesn't break... in the meantime

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #18 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 7:44am
Looks like a travel nightmare for everyone. Good that they postponed it but many of us are bailing out of this one. The attendance is going to be way down.  Good news is TM is refunding but second hand buyers are out of luck. I hope this works out but its risky!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #19 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 9:01am
Check out this crazy bastard:

https://fox43.com/2019/07/12/video-shows-man-swimming-in-mississippi-river-durin
g-tropical-storm-barry/

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #20 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 1:55pm
Song vote is up! All good choices!

Live With Me  would be so cool
Under My Thumb acoustic B stage would be really cool too.
Bitch is always a treat
Harlem Shuffle is a rarity at this point so I doubt this will win.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #21 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 6:15pm
Me likes:

But wifey likes:

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #22 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 10:27am
Tarp off half the stadium and blow the fans away!! Give these guys something special ...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #23 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 10:36am
Some Guy wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 10:27am:
Tarp off half the stadium and blow the fans away!! Give these guys something special ...

Wink

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #24 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 12:34pm
Some Guy wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 10:27am:

That stadium map is off the hook...31 sections at "100+" availability...
Tarp it off...bring all folks down...charge $99/seat for the rest of the time and donate it to local Reed Cross and shelters...No need for any special show like SARS or Sandy Aid...just do it...tax deduction right there along with all expenses incurred for this one. Oh, yeah...and do 80% of the show from the B-Stage...

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2019 at 12:38pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)