Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RIP Dr. John (Read 5,866 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: RIP Dr. John
Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
With Bill Wyman, I Wanna Get Me A Gun from Monkey Grip, Piano by the doctor

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:03pm
Another with Bill Wyman - Gimme Just One More Chance from  Stone Alone, again with Dr. John on keys

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #27 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:04pm
Another with Bill, Soul Satisfying

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #28 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:06pm
Yet another one with Bill Wyman and the doc on keys... WHAT A BLOW!!!! from Monkey Grip

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:15pm
I think this is the last one with Bill and Dr. John, Crazy Woman (Monkey Grip)

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #30 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:38pm
Here's a summary of Dr. John connesctions with the Stones, taken from the great website by Nico Zentrgarf http://www.nzentgraf.de
  • 1970: Mick Jagger records “Where ya at mule” for Dr. John’s for the album “The sun, Moon and Herbs”
  • 1972: Records backing vocals for Let it Loose (exile version)
  • 1972: Plays live with Stu and Ronnie Wood for Chuck Berry at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles
  • 1974: Live in the studio on air for BBC1 “Speak Easy” radio programme Plays piano with Bill Wyman on a second piano
  • 1974: Piano and organ for the “Monkey Grip” recording sessions for Bill Wyman (I wanna get me a gun, What a blow)
  • 1976: Dr. John and Ronnie record for Kinky Friedman the song “Kinky”
  • 1976: Dr. John, Ronnie Wood, Bob Dylan and the Band play “I shall be released” (The last waltz)
  • 1976: Piano and organ for the “Stone Alone” recording sessions for Bill Wyman (Gimme just one chance, Soul satisfying)
  • 1986: Plays live with Keith and the Bobby Diamond band at Billy Mulligan’s in Chicago
  • 1989: Dr, John and Ronnie play with Willie Dixon, Koko Taylor, Bo Didley, Billie Preston, Percy Sledge and others at the Convention Center in Washington D. C. on January 21
  • 2001: Plays live with Keith at the Beacon Theater, NYC for the “Music for the planet” benefit show
  • 2002 Plays live with the Rolling Stones, I just wanna make love to you, Aragon Ballroom, Chicago
  • 2012: Plays live with Ronnie Wood and an all-star band at the Roundhouse in London, a benefit show for the “Save the Children Foundation”

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #31 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:23pm
Inspired work pulling in all these videos, Voo.

The Doctor made some great records with No Stones Content, manipulating the musical and personality conventions of New Orleans' post-war musicology into a sound and image all his own.  (Like the sly seducer he done were.)  It was show-biz of the highest, most elusive kind.  Influenced the gritty from "Love Is Strong" and Mick's Baron Samedi stage outfit 1994, to the junkyard dog snarl-and-howl of Tom Waits. "Right Place, Wrong Time" was a great blast of fresh air in the primal days of FM rock radio in the US, and sandwiched nicely with the Stevie Wonder funk-pop that was playlisted at the same time.  I wish I could live forever in these memories.

« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:45pm by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #32 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 10:49am
Listening this one now... (below link for Spotify

Spotify link (also in Amazon Music)

https://open.spotify.com/album/37nxA80N9UI28ealAQRAHt?si=CogrpyYUSRuDk4sXLcGLFQ

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #33 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 10:58am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #34 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 11:00am

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 2:45pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:38pm:
Here's a summary of Dr. John connesctions with the Stones, taken from the great website by Nico Zentrgarf http://www.nzentgraf.de
  • 1970: Mick Jagger records “Where ya at mule” for Dr. John’s for the album “The sun, Moon and Herbs”
  • 1972: Plays live with Stu and Ronnie Wood for Chuck Berry at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles
  • 1974: Live in the studio on air for BBC1 “Speak Easy” radio programme Plays piano with Bill Wyman on a second piano
  • 1974: Piano and organ for the “Monkey Grip” recording sessions for Bill Wyman (I wanna get me a gun, What a blow)
  • 1976: Dr. John and Ronnie record for Kinky Friedman the song “Kinky”
  • 1976: Dr. John, Ronnie Wood, Bob Dylan and the Band play “I shall be released” (The last waltz)
  • 1976: Piano and organ for the “Stone Alone” recording sessions for Bill Wyman (Gimme just one chance, Soul satisfying)
  • 1986: Plays live with Keith and the Bobby Diamond band at Billy Mulligan’s in Chicago
  • 1989: Dr, John and Ronnie play with Willie Dixon, Koko Taylor, Bo Didley, Billie Preston, Percy Sledge and others at the Convention Center in Washington D. C. on January 21
  • 2001: Plays live with Keith at the Beacon Theater, NYC for the “Music for the planet” benefit show
  • 2002 Plays live with the Rolling Stones, I just wanna make love to you, Aragon Ballroom, Chicago
  • 2012: Plays live with Ronnie Wood and an all-star band at the Roundhouse in London, a benefit show for the “Save the Children Foundation”

Great post Voodoo and enjoyed the comment on Bill Wyman's website.

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Hell
Reply #36 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 4:04pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:38pm:

According to Wikipedia this is what Dr. John did for Exile on Main Street

Exile on Main St., The Rolling Stones (Rolling Stones Records, 1972) - piano, backing vocals on "Let It Loose"; backing vocals on "All Down the Line"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)