Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Nanky © NFI but thanks!r!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Met Celebrates Rock History With Its First Ever Rock & Roll Instruments Exhibit (Keith's included) (Read 536 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
The Met Celebrates Rock History With Its First Ever Rock & Roll Instruments Exhibit (Keith's included)
Apr 3rd, 2019 at 6:25pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The Met Celebrates Rock History With Its First Ever Rock & Roll Instruments Exhibit
BY BEN YAKAS IN ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
APR 3, 2019 11:42 AM

http://gothamist.com/2019/04/03/play_it_loud_met_exhibit.php#photo-13

Mac

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: The Met Celebrates Rock History With Its First Ever Rock & Roll Instruments Exhibit (Keith's included)
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 12:23am
moy wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 6:25pm:
The Met Celebrates Rock History With Its First Ever Rock & Roll Instruments Exhibit
BY BEN YAKAS IN ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
APR 3, 2019 11:42 AM

http://gothamist.com/2019/04/03/play_it_loud_met_exhibit.php#photo-13

Mac

thanks for posting. the mets always a blast.

Berry, Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow, Bob Dylan, The Eagles' Don Felder, Kim Gordon, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica's James Hetfield, Wanda Jackson, Joan Jett, Lady Gaga, Steve Miller, Joni Mitchell, Jimmy Page, Joe Perry, Kate Pierson, Elvis Presley, Prince, Keith Richards, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen, Ringo Starr, Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, St. Vincent, Tina Weymouth, Nancy Wilson and more.

how and when did sheryl cow become a part of a list like this ? legendary artist? lol

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: The Met Celebrates Rock History With Its First Ever Rock & Roll Instruments Exhibit (Keith's included)
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:01am
A guitar decorated by Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones is displayed at the exhibit "Play It Loud: Instruments of Rock & Roll," at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, Monday, April 1, 2019. The exhibit, which showcases the instruments of rock and roll legends, opens to the public on April 8 and runs until Oct. 1, 2019.

https://www.postbulletin.com/life/lifestyles/wire/exuberant-met-exhibit-explores...

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 12:49pm
My family has been museum members for decades. I went to the Met last month and was reminded of this upcoming exhibit.

Always a joy to visit the Met!
I was planning on seeing this when I went back for the NJ shows in June...I will still see it, but likely not that weekend now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)