Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Go For Broke: Volume I a book by Chief Moon (Read 5,438 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Go For Broke: Volume I a book by Chief Moon
Mar 5th, 2019 at 12:43pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Well done Curt! aka Chief Moon, congratulations my friend!!

GO FOR BROKE: VOLUME I

By Curt E. Angeledes
eBook (ePub)            This item has not been rated yet
Go For Broke: Volume I
Price: $25.00

Go For Broke: Volume I, is a pictorial history depicting five decades of concert performances by The Rolling Stones as seen through the eyes of one photographer.

The book presents a "no access" view of the band. The story begins in 1975 in Boston during the "Tour of the Americas" and continues to the current era with images from Paris during the  "No Filter " tour in 2017. Go For Broke is an extraordinary journey of photographs,  a life spent traveling and documenting one of the most important bands of all time...The Rolling Stones.

The book features 276 full page photographs. The images were captured while attending 132 concerts in 104 cities in 13 countries and span 22 touring eras. The photographer and author presents The Rolling Stones at their finest; playing live rock and roll.

His images have also been published in Rolling With The Stones by Bill Wyman, The New Barbarians: Outlaws, Gunslingers and Guitars by Rob Chapman and Love You Live by Marilu Regan.< Less

Available in ePub Format

To buy it go here http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/chief_moon_1

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Go For Broke: Volume I a book by Chief Moon
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 12:56pm
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 6:17pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

CHIEFMOON
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

USA
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 8:38pm
Why Voodoo, what a pleasant surprise. Thank you for this post.

And now for the rest of you bastards, a glimmer of some content:

Blind Date

I had spent only twelve days in my new place of residence in Portland, Oregon, before the information I had gotten upon leaving New York had me back on the highways. Eastbound to Toronto this time to accomplish three goals: To see The Rolling Stones in a small venue, to be at the courthouse for Keith's hearing to get pictures and to follow the New Barbarians tour of the U.S. After spending four and a half days on the road between Portland and Oshawa, Ontario I was only somewhat successful with regard to my first goal. All I managed to catch was the last two songs of the last show that night at the Civic Auditorium. Let's just say that I enjoyed the hell out of it, but the enjoyment was brief.

After the show I found myself in quite an intense scene outside the venue. I was mobbed while selling prints and nearly all I had with me disappeared in a matter of minutes. A few without any payment being rendered by the running figure who used the  “just grab it technique”. I left the vicinity of the Civic Auditorium with the very last people to leave the place and rode with them to the general area of Yonge Street in uptown Toronto. Here, I found shops still open and located a place to buy some film for the little Instamatic I had with me. Next on my list was some food and while having breakfast I thought about the strange dream I'd had before leaving from Portland. In the dream I had gotten to Toronto, met the trucks with the Stones equipment, then moved and set up Charlie's drums. Then while hanging out I heard Ron Wood goofing, saying “Yeah you're in but you'll still have to hide in the backstage area”. That's not what happened, but the next morning something a great deal more interesting did.

I left the restaurant at about three am. and walked down to the courthouse. Hung out there by myself until about seven-thirty when another fellow showed up. He had the same thing in mind as I did: Getting photographs of Keith Richards at the hearing. For the next hour or so we talked about our experiences as photographers and how we would go about the task at hand. It was almost eight-thirty when an elderly lady approached us with a blind girl on her arm. She said to me “You look like you know where this girl needs to go”. I was now in the company of someone else who was intent on being at this hearing. Said her name was Rita. I told the lady that I would look after Rita and she left.

By nine am. the crowd had grown substantially and now included all kinds of press and TV people who insisted that they “knew what time and where  Keith would show his face” and “they were certain to get some footage” and that “you and your companions certainly would not”. Despite their insistence they were not even allowed entry into the building never mind the closed hearing itself. So they were stuck outside with the rest of us; which amounted to a very large, aggravated crowd by ten o'clock. Shortly after ten I decided to let the blind girl watch my bags while I took a stroll around. As soon as I was ten or twelve feet away from Rita, I saw IT...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 8:40pm
thanks big chief!!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 8:05am
CHIEFMOON wrote on Mar 5th, 2019 at 8:38pm:
Why Voodoo, what a pleasant surprise. Thank you for this post.

And now for the rest of you bastards, a glimmer of some content:

Blind Date

I had spent only twelve days in my new place of residence in Portland, Oregon, before the information I had gotten upon leaving New York had me back on the highways. Eastbound to Toronto this time to accomplish three goals: To see The Rolling Stones in a small venue, to be at the courthouse for Keith's hearing to get pictures and to follow the New Barbarians tour of the U.S. After spending four and a half days on the road between Portland and Oshawa, Ontario I was only somewhat successful with regard to my first goal. All I managed to catch was the last two songs of the last show that night at the Civic Auditorium. Let's just say that I enjoyed the hell out of it, but the enjoyment was brief.

After the show I found myself in quite an intense scene outside the venue. I was mobbed while selling prints and nearly all I had with me disappeared in a matter of minutes. A few without any payment being rendered by the running figure who used the  “just grab it technique”. I left the vicinity of the Civic Auditorium with the very last people to leave the place and rode with them to the general area of Yonge Street in uptown Toronto. Here, I found shops still open and located a place to buy some film for the little Instamatic I had with me. Next on my list was some food and while having breakfast I thought about the strange dream I'd had before leaving from Portland. In the dream I had gotten to Toronto, met the trucks with the Stones equipment, then moved and set up Charlie's drums. Then while hanging out I heard Ron Wood goofing, saying “Yeah you're in but you'll still have to hide in the backstage area”. That's not what happened, but the next morning something a great deal more interesting did.

I left the restaurant at about three am. and walked down to the courthouse. Hung out there by myself until about seven-thirty when another fellow showed up. He had the same thing in mind as I did: Getting photographs of Keith Richards at the hearing. For the next hour or so we talked about our experiences as photographers and how we would go about the task at hand. It was almost eight-thirty when an elderly lady approached us with a blind girl on her arm. She said to me “You look like you know where this girl needs to go”. I was now in the company of someone else who was intent on being at this hearing. Said her name was Rita. I told the lady that I would look after Rita and she left.

By nine am. the crowd had grown substantially and now included all kinds of press and TV people who insisted that they “knew what time and where  Keith would show his face” and “they were certain to get some footage” and that “you and your companions certainly would not”. Despite their insistence they were not even allowed entry into the building never mind the closed hearing itself. So they were stuck outside with the rest of us; which amounted to a very large, aggravated crowd by ten o'clock. Shortly after ten I decided to let the blind girl watch my bags while I took a stroll around. As soon as I was ten or twelve feet away from Rita, I saw IT...

Just wondering if you have any kids? The we could have Child of the Moon?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

CHIEFMOON
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 4:39am
Because this publication is primarily photographic it is probably appropriate to show a sampling of those as well, so here are a few of the 278 images contained in it:

AND

I am going to make this offer to this website only:

The first fifty members of this site to acquire this ebook edition of my work will receive a free print. An image of their choice from among the pages of this ebook. Just PM me with proof of purchase and I will mail the image you select to you within a day of knowing which one you want and it will arrive in your snail mail as an 8.5 x 11 print suitable for framing, within a few postal delivery days.

This edition can be found here:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/chief_moon_1

And just so you all know, yes there will be a print version. How long that will take I don't know at the moment. Some exotic technical glitch is impeding the transfer of THAT damn file to KDP select.

To gimmekeef, I am almost a great-grandfather, but I do think that the "Child of the Moon" moniker is already taken on all of the sites with usernames that I have encountered...
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:08am by CHIEFMOON »  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 12:06pm
50 members? Like 7 people post here.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 3:11pm
That was clever Oh no! not you again piss off What a post Ronnie!!!!!

IP Logged

CHIEFMOON
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #8 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 3:17pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 12:06pm:

Wait a damn minute now, you are saying this place is empty or what?

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #9 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:36pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 12:06pm:

between a rock and a hard place

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 10:05pm
I never get tired of looking at pictures of them, its fascinating seeing The RS evolve through the silk sheet of time.

Good luck with the book Chief Moon!

IP Logged

CHIEFMOON
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #11 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 4:07am
Bitch wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 10:05pm:
I never get tired of looking at pictures of them, its fascinating seeing The RS evolve through the silk sheet of time.

Good luck with the book Chief Moon!

Thank you.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #12 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:34pm
BTW, I want to add that the book is not only the pictures, the texts are very good and interesting
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:56pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #13 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:56pm
BTW, I want to add that the book is not only the pictures, the texts are very good and interesting

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #14 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 9:26am
Congrats!!
Just purchased my copy last nite. Cant wait to thumb thru it this weekend.

IP Logged

CHIEFMOON
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #15 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 12:07am
Paranoid Android wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 9:26am:
Congrats!!
Just purchased my copy last nite. Cant wait to thumb thru it this weekend.

Thanks much Paranoid Android, enjoy...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #16 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 1:26pm
You sold another one... to Brazil

IP Logged

sssoul
Rocks Off Regular

the animal approach

Reply #17 - Mar 22nd, 2019 at 4:39am
Got mine! Thanks Chief Moon for the gorgeous photos, and thanks Rocks Off for the announcement!

~ let it steal your heart away ~

IP Logged

CHIEFMOON
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #18 - Mar 22nd, 2019 at 8:33pm
sssoul wrote on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 4:39am:
Got mine! Thanks Chief Moon for the gorgeous photos, and thanks Rocks Off for the announcement!

Thank you sssoul for that...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 12:57pm
I received my hard copy, so now I own the digital and the printed version. Thanks a lot Chief Moon for the dedicatory, it's cool!! Great, I really appreciate it buddy.

In short I recommend this one for only one reason, it is a work of passion by a fan and photographer, not by just a photographer

This is the dedicatory, thanks also for authorizing me to post it

IP Logged

CHIEFMOON
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #20 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 9:52pm
Voodoo, what you have are the following:

1. The ebook of Go For Broke: Volume I, and it can be found where ebooks are sold. This is the edition that my offer of a print is based on.

2. The print book Go For Broke An Introductory Retrospective. This book is one of a very limited edition as there were only 30 copies produced.

So far of the ones that are "out in the wild" the only people who have them are:

Charlie Watts
Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Ron Wood
Darryl Jones
Bernard Fowler
Karl Denson

One got stolen or somehow disappeared on its way to Jane Rose.

You Voodoo have the one you have and I am glad it did not simply disappear in the mail. I suppose you  could say you have #9 of 30...

These are the covers:

Print book:

Ebook:

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #21 - May 5th, 2019 at 8:48pm
WOW Chief, I have a real collector's item and dedicated by the author who is also a real friend of mine!

You rock!!!

IP Logged

CHIEFMOON
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #22 - May 6th, 2019 at 12:40am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 8:48pm:
WOW Chief, I have a real collector's item and dedicated by the author who is also a real friend of mine!

You rock!!!

As I said, you were the best of hosts...

IP Logged

CHIEFMOON
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #23 - Jul 20th, 2019 at 4:39am
An update for you ladies and gentlemen:

This book, this publication, this expression  of my work is now in paperback at Amazon books here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0938258044?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

And soon to be available in a hardcover edition.

A confirmed purchase of either print edition will get you a free copy of the ebook.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #24 - Jul 24th, 2019 at 7:48pm
Great news!!!!! Congrats my friend!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)