Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Joyce Smyth named Music Businesswoman Of The Year (Read 862 times)
Rev 20 Redlights
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Joyce Smyth named Music Businesswoman Of The Year
Nov 9th, 2018 at 3:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
A glittering array of superstar artists and executives have been honoured at the Music Week Women In Music Awards in London today (November 9). Stellar music biz names gathered at The Brewery in London to mark the achievements of this year’s winners, ranging from established names to the next generation of talent in the business.

"Sometimes it hasn't felt like work at all, sometimes it's felt like banging my head against a wall," said Outstanding Contribution winner Jane Dyball, whose raucous speech seemed to sum the the music industry up in a nutshell. The MPA chief drew huge cheers from a crowd that spent swathes of the afternoon on its feet, particularly during Businesswoman Of The Year Joyce Smyth's time on stage, which featured video tributes from Keith Richards and a clapping Mick Jagger...

“I’d like to thank Joyce Smyth so much for keeping us working so hard - I’ve been exhausted for the last few years,” said Sir Mick Jagger. “And I’d like to congratulate her for winning the Businesswoman Of The Year award, well done Joyce!”

“Congratulations, what wonderful news,” said Ronnie Wood. “We are all so proud of you, you totally deserve it [for] all the wonderful things you do for the band - we love you.”

Keith Richards also had his say on the honour: “Let me congratulate you on the wonderful news - well done, girl. Let’s have many more.”

« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2018 at 3:31pm by Rev 20 Redlights »  

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Joyce Smyth named Music Businesswoman Of The Year
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 5:02pm
MICK, Ronnie & KEEF all sound pleased with her! Well done Joyce for the amazing ability to keep them happy.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm
Bitch wrote on Nov 10th, 2018 at 5:02pm:
MICK, Ronnie & KEEF all sound pleased with her! Well done Joyce for the amazing ability to keep them happy.

I need a Joyce to keep me happy
I need a Joyce to keep me happy... yeah

Oh no! not you again Are you fucking serious? Interesting stuff Ronnie! Waka Jawaka

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Rev 20 Redlights
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 2:12am
Its probably worth mentioning that as far as I know none of their other managers
ever got a photo for their wall quite like this one (correct me if i'm wrong):

The runners-up:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)