Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Re: North American Tour spring 2019 .... (updated 11th Feb - Toronto added) (Read 41,077 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: North American Tour spring 2019 ....
Reply #175 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 4:12pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:13am:
polytoxic wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:36am:
Gazza wrote on Nov 28th, 2018 at 7:55pm:
polytoxic wrote on Nov 28th, 2018 at 3:15pm:
The Wick wrote on Nov 19th, 2018 at 4:33pm:
polytoxic wrote on Nov 19th, 2018 at 3:20pm:
Mick mentions it in his tour "song". Think he let the cat out the bag there.

https://www.facebook.com/mickjaggerofficial/videos/vb.178001948900329/1064263057...

I just thank God that I am no longer a teenager because there is no way I could have defended this. The amount of abuse that would have been showered on me for this would have been tremendous.

It ain't the Exile On Main St. Blues, that's for sure.

In fairness, the 'Salt Lake Incident' in 2005 set the bar to a low level which still hasnt been beaten

I had to actually go and look that one up in the archives. Yikes. Seems like at the time you thought the Taylor Swift incident in Chicago topped it, but that might have been said in the heat of the moment.

A further search showed the internet has been scrubbed of any other evidence of The Salt Lake Incident.

That was a rough year. I still have a slight twitch in my right eye from seeing Streets Of Love promoted exclusively on Days Of Our Lives.

Ok..gotta ask.....why were you watching Days of Our Lives?.....

ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?

That was the year Mario found out about his third testicle....Jesse  was caught shoplifting canned hams...Trevor and Vanessa decided to tell Sonia about their addiction to midget wrestling...AND the Stones!!!

DUMBEST promo ever...what the fuck was that target audience intended to be anyway?!?

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #176 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:02pm
Looking at the calendar here: https://iorr.org/tour19/

There is certainly room for a club date in NYC...just wishfully saying...they can do it...12 songs...with 1 or 2  gems...Beacon...maybe even a samller club for the really "in the know"...just eff the private parties.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #177 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:01pm
I'm in for Foxboro and NJ 2, picked up during the fan presale! Tomorrow I'll try for Lucky Dips.   Cool

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #178 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:24pm
Bitch wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:01pm:
I'm in for Foxboro and NJ 2, picked up during the fan presale! Tomorrow I'll try for Lucky Dips.   Cool

Ellen...come to DC...it will be a GAS GAS GAS!!

I hope they have LDs...havnt seen a word about them yet...fingers crossed...if not tomorrow further down

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #179 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 7:34am
Tomorrow I'll try for Lucky Dips.   Cool

Your wish will be granted!!!

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #180 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 8:30am
29 minutes to go! I stayed home from work this morning just to buy the tickets. So I'm saving on tickets but losing income. Smart move!  Grin

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #181 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:19am
Scored LUCKY DIPS for DC and NJ#2!!

IP Logged

scope
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #182 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:27am
Lucky Dips for me in DC!  See you there - WOO HOO

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #183 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:37am
SCORED LUCKY DIPS FOR DC!!!!

What the heck IS a Lucky Dip, exactly?

...&&&&
IP Logged

scope
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #184 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:39am
FPM wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:37am:

I paid $29.50 for a seat to be determined when I pick up the tickets at the venue.  Could be anywhere in the stadium.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #185 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:50am
Paranoid Android wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:24pm:

Ellen...come to DC...it will be a GAS GAS GAS!!

I hope they have LDs...havnt seen a word about them yet...fingers crossed...if not tomorrow further down

$59 for a pair. Even cheaper than in Europe.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #186 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 10:28am
FPM wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:37am:

@FPM...Did you get them? Or were you just quoting someone?

The Americanism equivilent of a LUCKY DIP is a Kwik Pick...as in the lottery (Powerball etc)

Anyway...as Scope said...its a lottery...you buy a pair of tkts for about $75.00 (inc fees) and you pick them up at will call or designated area...you open the envelope to see whee you get to sit...
They could be nosebleeds...they could be GA Field, lower level or even PIT!

In Dublin, I scored 2 for PIT B...Gazza Scored 2 Lower Level mid field-ish . We got to pick our own envelopes...it was so nerve racking...I considered that my own personal Sophie's Choice moment.

In Paris, I believe our sweet BITCH scored PIT for all 3 shows...

Its a way to satiate Jagger's ego and assure a sell out and fill up seats in the expensive areas should they not sell completely...its an Anti-Tarping tactic really

@Scope et al...SEE YOU IN LANDOVER MD!!

@Gazza...you are right...they were about $125.00 for the pair in Dublin

PM for BITCH
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2018 at 10:35am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #187 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 10:51am
Are Lucky Dips ever really awful seats? 

...&&&&
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #188 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 11:36am
FPM wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 10:51am:
Are Lucky Dips ever really awful seats? 

more often than not, yes. Its more likely in arenas though. 

I'd always recommend doubling up with a friend, buying a pair each, using the best pair and offloading the other one.

Worked for me at Twickenham (nosebleeds and Gold Circle) and with Paranoid Android in Dublin (first tier seats at halfway line and Pit B).

... ... ...
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #189 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 12:04pm
How is everyone feeling after getting tickets?

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #190 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 12:57pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 11:36am:
[quote author=5E4855180 link=1541338463/187#187 date=1543596682]Are Lucky Dips ever really awful seats? 

more often than not, yes. Its more likely in arenas though. 

I'd always recommend doubling up with a friend, buying a pair each, using the best pair and offloading the other one.

Worked for me at Twickenham (nosebleeds and Gold Circle) and with Paranoid Android in Dublin (first

Certainly difficult to actually quantify, but as Gazza said...best to double up and increase your chances...at 75/pair...whats to really loose...

I find that the really cheap seats go FAST at the normal sale...so chances are that you wont get those...not to say you wont get the next tier which may still be up towards the top or opposite stage...but you gotta be in it, to win it!!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #191 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 2:08pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 12:04pm:
How is everyone feeling after getting tickets?

I feel a lot lighter.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #192 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 2:11pm
That's the truth.

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #193 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 2:24pm
Scored a pair of Lucky Dips for Seattle, and a pair in Section 106 (side stage) as backups if the Dips don’t pan out. 👅

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #194 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 5:19pm
Yes, lighter, but scored sweet view tiks for Chicago final show.....Jesus I thought when I first saw them in '81 that would be it....LOL!!!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #195 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 8:23pm
I'm in for Miami, Jacksonville and Denver with Lucky Dips. Good seats for Boston and NJ in the presale. I'm VERY happy!

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #196 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 8:28am
I'm stoked for a summer show in a huge stadium. The local radio stations have been playing more Stones than at any time over the past 25 years.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #197 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 1:23pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Dec 1st, 2018 at 8:28am:
I'm stoked for a summer show in a huge stadium. The local radio stations have been playing more Stones than at any time over the past 25 years.

I was just thinking how great the weather will be for Scottdale / Pasadena...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #198 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 10:13am
Glad we're planning on Houston. Perhaps this should be on the politics thread as well:

New Orleans City Hall employees received hundreds of free Jazz Fest tickets, inspector general finds

Dec 5, 5:05 PM

By Kevin Litten, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune [email protected]
The Times-Picayune

The company that produces the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival gave hundreds of Jazz Fest tickets to city employees last year, in violation of state ethics laws, the New Orleans Inspector General has found.

The heads of seven City Hall departments in the administration of then-Mayor Mitch Landrieu received the tickets, investigators said in a report released Wednesday (Dec. 5). Quint Davis, CEO of Festival Productions, told the OIG that “Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office/Marlin Gusman” received 16 free tickets, and the office has referred that revelation to the Louisiana Legislative Auditor, the report said.

Investigators concluded that the city received between 284 and 424 free Jazz Fest tickets, and that the majority of employees said they were aware they could not accept them. The investigation recommends that the city discontinue the practice of receiving free tickets, and warned that employees who did so could be subject to fines associated with Louisiana ethics laws.

Jazz Fest and city officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The investigation into City Hall centered on tickets distributed to the directors of Parks and Parkways, Property Management, the Chief Administration Office, the Public Works Department, the Finance Department, the New Orleans Police Department and the New Orleans Fire Department.

The OIG said the distribution of the tickets violated two ethics laws prohibiting payment from nonpublic sources and prohibiting gifts. It also said the ticket distribution was in violation of the Louisiana Constitution’s prohibition on donations.

In addition to the alleged ticket violations, the OIG found that the Parks and Parkways Department “loaned” three gazebos to Jazz Fest last year without signing a hold harmless agreement or charging a rental fee. An assistant director of Parks and Parkways, Timothy Lavelle, told an investigator that Jazz Fest uses the gazebos to sell Jazz Fest programs and that the only reason the department maintained them was “to loan them out to the Jazz Festival every year,” according to the OIG report.

A second employee, senior maintenance welder Steve Meyer, told an investigator that when the gazebos are delivered to the infield track of the Fair Grounds Race Course, he would go to a trailer where a Jazz Fest employee would give him two brown envelopes, the report said. He told investigators that one envelope was addressed to Parks and Parkways Director Ann MacDonald and the other to Assistant Director Lavelle.

A similar arrangement was happening in the property management department, according to former director George Patterson, although Patterson told investigators that a hold harmless agreement was in place for the use of city-owned bleachers and the city was paid for the rental. Patterson said a courier from Jazz Fest would arrive at City Hall with Jazz Fest tickets, and that his office forwarded tickets to former Public Works Director Cedric Grant’s office.

Patterson said it was his understanding that those tickets weren’t distributed, and were forwarded to former Deputy Mayor Scott Hutcheson’s office for return to Jazz Fest. He told an investigator that “this practice has been going on for decades.”

In an interview with the OIG, Hutcheson said that the city does purchase Jazz Fest tickets to staff the mayor’s tent during the festival. When he learned Jazz Fest was also distributing free tickets, and that they were going to Grant, he advised Grant those tickets couldn’t be used and notified City Attorney Rebecca Dietz about potential ethics issues.

When the CAO’s office was contacted about the investigation, Deputy CAO for personnel Courtney Bagneris told investigators that it was her understanding that a deputy director in property management, Ed Sens, was distributing free Jazz Fest tickets, the report said. She said that she also received free tickets in her office mailbox, but that because she knew she couldn’t accept anything of value, she gave away the tickets -- though the document said she couldn’t recall who the recipient was.

One employee, Assistant Public Works Director Allen Yrle, told investigators that he was “appalled” at the amount of free work the city does for Jazz Fest without compensation. Yrle told investigators the city was reimbursed for work performed for film crews, movie sets and Mardi Gras Parades, but not Jazz Fest. As an example, one employee told investigators that the department installed temporary signs for Jazz Fest, and that they are used only for Jazz Fest. When new signs were made, Jazz Fest provided them at no cost, the employee said.

Bureau of Revenue employees told the OIG that their free tickets were used by employees who distribute flyers to vendors about how to remit sales taxes to the city. They also check to make sure that businesses are operating within the scope of their permit and conduct enforcement on unlicensed vendors operating outside the park.

The chief of staff for NOPD Superintendent Michael Harrison told the OIG that most Jazz Fest tickets were used for official business, so that officers could access working stage assignments, but that sometimes Harrison would distribute tickets to clerical and support staff at NOPD. NOFD Chief Timothy McConnell also told the OIG that some tickets were used for official business, and that he distributed other free tickets “to a woman in the community who is a member of one of the Mardi Gras Indian organizations that performs at the Jazz Fest.”

The investigation also recommended that the city stop loaning city property to Jazz Fest at no charge, and establish a credentialing process for employees who need to access the festival for official business instead of relying on free tickets.

The investigation was launched in August 2017 after the OIG received a confidential complaint alleging that Festival Productions “had routinely provided city of New Orleans employees with free admission tickets.”

https://www.nola.com/politics/2018/12/new-orleans-city-hall-employees-received-h...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #199 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 11:45am
Jazz Fest still unconfirmed, but it does appear that the Stones are pretty much nailed-on

https://www.theadvocate.com/gambit/new_orleans/news/article_ae9f2348-f8db-11e8-8...

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)