Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Tour of the Americas, 1975 © Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mick Jagger and Carly Simon's lost duet 'Fragile' finally uncovered (Read 2,207 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Mick Jagger and Carly Simon's lost duet 'Fragile' finally uncovered
Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:01pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Mick Jagger and Carly Simon's lost duet 'Fragile' finally uncovered

The Associated PressPublished 11:15 a.m. ET Aug. 22, 2018

Posted by Gazza at our Facebook page
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/08/22/mick-jagger-and-carly-simon...

LONDON (AP) — A lost Mick Jagger duet with Carly Simon has been found more than 45 years after it was first recorded.

The song, apparently never heard in public, appears to have been recorded in 1972 and was found recently on a tape owned by Rolling Stones collector Matt Lee.

Believed to be named "Fragile," at least according to Rolling Stones fan websites, the song is a slow love ballad that has Jagger and Simon seemingly sitting together at a piano and singing.

Simon spoke about the lost duet in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine about two years ago, saying the tape of the recording had been lost for decades.

"We had this little back and forth at the piano for about an hour," Simon says in the Rolling Stone interview, published Nov. 29, 2016, according to the magazine's website. She also sang a line of the song from memory, "Funny, funny, funny, funny, funny, How love can make you cry."

That matches with Lee's recording, except Jagger and Simon appear to sing "change" instead of "cry." Jagger does most of the singing, with Simon adding some harmonies.

When the song ends, a female voice believed to be Simon's gasps: "Good song."

Simon and Jagger worked together in 1972 when the Rolling Stones frontman supposedly sang backup vocals on Simon's hit "You're So Vain." For many years, it was thought that Jagger was the subject of that song, but Simon has denied that.

Lee, an entrepreneur from London, declined to say where the tape of the song came from. But he said Wednesday that he sent a digital copy of the song to Rolling Stone magazine because they promised to give it to Simon.

"I'm not doing it for the money," Lee said. "I'm a collector. My motive for sending it to Rolling Stone was to pass it to Carly."

Representatives from the Rolling Stones did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

While the song will be new to most listeners, it is not completely unknown to hardcore Stones fans. But it's not exactly easy to find, either.

A snippet of the song, with its passage of Jagger repeatedly singing, "It's funny, funny, funny," is briefly heard in a scene in the publicly unreleased documentary about the 1972 Rolling Stones tour of America. The name of the film is obscene in itself, stemming from the obscene name of an obscene song the band recorded a few years earlier to fulfill a recording contract they didn't want to actually fulfill.

In cleaner terms, and as a hint to the name of the tour movie, that song is often referred to as "Schoolboy Blues."

The new finding comes two years after another previously unheard Rolling Stones song was uncovered. That song, "No One Loves You More Than Me," is believed to have been recorded in 1964 and was found in 2016. The tape of that song was reportedly sold at auction.

The Rolling Stones, who wrapped up a tour of Britain and Europe in July, have said they are working on a new studio album. A short video clip of Jagger playing a guitar was posted on his Instagram account over the weekend.

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Mick Jagger and Carly Simon's lost duet 'Fragile' finally uncovered
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:08pm
This with thanks to KMC!!!

From yesterday’s NY Post

Thanks again

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Sailor
Rocks Off Regular

You nicked my phone

Buenos Aires
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 2:52am
Wait so we can hear it in cocksucker blues???  Grin

Hannah honey was a peachy kinda girl...her eyes were hazel and her nose was slightly curved

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2018 at 7:24pm
Hey Sailor!!!

(If I had a dollar for eveytime I said that...LOL)

------------------------------------------------------

Anyway...is there any video footage of Mick and Carly doing You're So Vane? I look every couple of years and find nothing...

IP Logged

Sailor
Rocks Off Regular

You nicked my phone

Buenos Aires
Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 1:44am
Hello there lol  Cool

I don't really know of any video sadly

Hannah honey was a peachy kinda girl...her eyes were hazel and her nose was slightly curved

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 10:43am
All the boys love a man in bell-bottoms, if you'll excuse the 'bottoms'.
And even the occasional gal called Hannah / Annie / Han' the Mam'.

Happy Bays.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 9:53pm
It seems strange that Matt Lee would send it to Rolling Stone magazine instead of sending to THE Rolling Stones since he has connections there.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 7:59pm
Nice job Matt Lee!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #8 - Dec 24th, 2018 at 3:18pm
Bitch wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 9:53pm:
It seems strange that Matt Lee would send it to Rolling Stone magazine instead of sending to THE Rolling Stones since he has connections there.

I'd like to believe the Stones have the master in their vaults!  Smiley

It's only 'lost' to collectors in the sense that we havent heard it.

Matt's good mate Woody has been an outlet for these kind of things before - I know the first batch of Dirty Work outtakes that I got in early '87 came via that source.  To the best of my knowledge, one of his kids was responsible for leaking the ten discs of Voodoo Lounge sessions that circulated in the mid 90s.
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2018 at 3:24pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)