Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
THE ROLLING STONES PERSONALLY CURATE THEIR FAVOURITE ALL-TIME BLUESMEN FOR NEW COMPILATION ALBUM (Read 638 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
THE ROLLING STONES PERSONALLY CURATE THEIR FAVOURITE ALL-TIME BLUESMEN FOR NEW COMPILATION ALBUM
Jul 15th, 2018 at 2:46pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

THE ROLLING STONES PERSONALLY CURATE THEIR FAVORITE ALL-TIME BLUESMEN FOR NEW COMPILATION ALBUM

DONATION TO WILLIE DIXON’S BLUES HEAVEN FOUNDATION

COVER ARTWORK BY RONNIE WOOD

“If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.” – Keith Richards

As well as being the biggest band in the world, The Rolling Stones are also the biggest champions of the blues, so who better to curate a compilation of the music that inspired them throughout their career?

Confessin’ The Blues collects together the greatest bluesmen ever and provides a perfect education to the genre. The tracklisting has been chosen by The Rolling Stones and will be released on BMG on 26 October.

The Rolling Stones have long been supporters of the Blues from before the start of their career right through to their latest album, Blue & Lonesome which featured their interpretations of the classics, many of which appear in their original versions here on Confessin’ The Blues. Mick Jagger was an early fan of the Blues: “The first Muddy Waters album that was really popular was Muddy Waters at Newport, which was the first album I ever bought”. As such big supporters of the genre, the band and BMG/Universal have decided that 10% of BMG’s net receipts* from the sale of this album will be donated to Willie Dixon’s Blues Heaven Foundation (Registered as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organisation in the United States).

Confessin’ The Blues includes tracks by the biggest Blues pioneers including Howlin’ Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Elmore James, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Big Bill Broonzy and Robert Johnson. All of these artists had an impact on the nascent Rolling Stones, be they influencing Keith’s guitar licks or Mick’s vocals and lyrics. As Ronnie Wood says: “That’s how Mick and Keith first got close as well, on the train coming back from college. They noticed each other’s record collection and it was, “Hey, you’ve got Muddy Waters. You must be a good guy, let’s form a band”.

This 10’’ version includes liner notes by music journalist Colin Larkin and contains removeable art card prints by noted blues illustrator Christoph Mueller. The album cover artwork comes courtesy of Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood who has added his own personal twist to the project by painting his interpretation of a Bluesman.

Confessin’ The Blues is a real musical education from those who know the genre best, the greatest living band on the planet, The Rolling Stones.

Tracklist:

Side A
Muddy Waters - Rollin’ Stone
Howlin’ Wolf - Little Red Rooster
Elmore James w/ Sonny Boy Williamson II - Dust My Broom
Slim Harpo - I’m A King Bee
Chuck Berry - Little Queenie

Side B
John Lee Hooker - Boogie Chillen
Little Walter - I Hate To See You Go
Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights, Big City
Robert Johnson - Love In Vain Blues

Side C
Howlin’ Wolf - Just Like I Treat You
Bo Diddley - You Can’t Judge A Book By Its Cover
Eddie Taylor - Ride ’Em On Down
Lightnin’ Slim - Hoodoo Blues

Side D
Little Walter - Just Your Fool
Magic Sam - All Your Love
Otis Rush - I Can’t Quit You Baby
Big Maceo - Worried Life Blues
Elmore James & The Broom Dusters - Blues Before Sunrise

Side E
Jimmy Reed - Little Rain
Little Walter - Blue And Lonesome
Robert Johnson - Stop Breakin’ Down Blues
Mississippi Fred McDowell - You Gotta Move

Side F
Muddy Waters - I Just Want To Make Love To You
Bo Diddley - Mona
Boy Blue - Boogie Children
Eddie Taylor - Bad Boy

Side G
Chuck Berry – Carol
B.B. King - Rock Me Baby
Bo Diddley - Crawdad
Little Walter - I Got To Go
Muddy Waters - I Want To Be Loved

Side H
Howlin’ Wolf - Little Baby
Dale Hawkins - Susie Q
Amos Milburn - Down The Road Apiece
Billy Boy Arnold - Don’t Stay Out All Night
Little Johnny Taylor - Everybody Knows About My Good Thing (Part 1)

Side I
Big Bill Broonzy - Key To The Highway
Reverend Robert Wilkins - The Prodigal Son

Side J
Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
Howlin’ Wolf - Commit A Crime
Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I’ve Got The Blues
Jay McShann & Walter Brown - Confessin’ The Blues

10% of BMG’s Net Receipts* from the sale of this album with a minimum of £3.00 UK pounds sterling will be donated to Willie Dixon’s Blues Heaven Foundation (registered as a 501(c) (3) non-profit organisation in the United States).

*The charitable donation is calculated on Net Receipts being amounts equal to monies actually received by BMG from the sale of this album after deductions of credits for returns and VAT (or similar sales tax).

CONFESSIN’ THE BLUES BOOK PACK
£60.00 
Release Date 26 October 2018
Product code
BMGCAT155EPXX
Label
Polydor / BMG

https://store.digitalstores.co.uk/rollingstones/*/Confessin-The-Blues/Confessin-
The-Blues-Book-Pack/5WMC0I82000;jsessionid=536F069C842CAF65B671275E25640E08.t1
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2018 at 3:57pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

KMC
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Bayonne, NJ
Re: THE ROLLING STONES PERSONALLY CURATE THEIR FAVOURITE ALL-TIME BLUESMEN FOR NEW COMPILATION ALBUM
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Can Brian Jones at least get a mention here too?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)