Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!! Prague, CZ Letnany Airport Setlist Photos, etc (Read 1,460 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!! Prague, CZ Letnany Airport Setlist Photos, etc
Jul 4th, 2018 at 10:44am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2018 at 3:17pm by Gazza »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!! Prague, CZ Letnany Airport Setlist Photos, etc
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 3:14pm
If you have facebook, someone has very kindly streamed the first half hour of the show live

https://www.facebook.com/karljoosep.kaasik/videos/10156404271371308/?fref=mentio...

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: HAPPY FORTH OF JULY!!! Prague, CZ Letnany Airport Setlist Photos, etc
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 3:15pm
Setlist so far (thanks Cristiano)

1 - Street Fighting Man
2 - IORR
3 - Tumbling Dice
4 - Ride'em on Down
5 - Under my Thumb (song vote)
6 - Like a Rolling Stone
7 - You Can't Always Get What you Want
8 - Paint it Black
9 - Honky Tonk Women
10 - You Got the Silver
11 - Before They Make me Run
12 - Sympathy for the Devil
13 - Miss You
14 - Midnight Rambler

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: HAPPY FORTH OF JULY!!! Prague, CZ Letnany Airport Setlist Photos, etc
Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 3:17pm

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 4:57pm
1 - Street Fighting Man
2 - IORR
3 - Tumbling Dice
4 - Ride' em on Down
5 - Under my Thumb (song vote)
6 - Like a Rolling Stone
7 - You Can't Always Get What you Want
8 - Paint it Black
9 - Honky Tonk Women

10 - You Got the Silver
11 - Before They Make me Run

12 - Sympathy for the Devil
13 - Miss You
14 - Midnight Rambler
15 - Start Me Up
16 - Jumpin' Jack Flash
17 - Brown Sugar

Encore :
18 - Gimme Shelter
19 - Satisfaction

... ... ...
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 5:05pm

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:45pm
No futbol in Prague so they had to hold the concert on the airport runway?  Meanwhiles, the planes all landed on the Prinz Hradczny Straz, shearing off lamp posts and bursting into flames.  Honski-de-boyski, boysk!
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:47pm by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 3:07am
Back in Greece, 16 days later, after crossing half the continental Europe by car, seeing the boys in Prague, chickening out on going to Warsaw, retreating to my vacation home in the island instead to dig the garden and rake leaves just like Keith supposedly did in Redlands Grin and then finally getting back to Athens.

I'm gonna post a more detailed review later because work has clenched me in its claws of despair, but I just wanted to log on and say it was one the most emotional experiences I've had. More later Smiley

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #8 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 6:51am
Looking fwd to it FotiniD...I know you have been ever so excited about this tour/show...

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 5:41am
So, I arrived in Prague a couple of days before the concert and was too exhausted from the crazy road trip to hunt down Keith, who was taking boat rides and strolls just minutes away from the hotel we were staying at.

The venue situation in Letnany was very reminiscent of what we experience in Greece, with a certain promoter who has a sort of market monopoly and holds all gigs at an open field outside Athens - difficult access and huge crowds that fill up the subway trains to the brim. I got there by taxi, it dropped me off about 1 km away and I walked to the Pit B crossing the entire GA area. The queues at the stands were endless, so I chose to get myself a much less popular apple cider and found my way to the pit.

To say it was surreal is an understatement. I've never been so close to the stage, and although I got there at about 8, there was still plenty of room to walk around. Many people from the Stones production (among them one very loud and outspoken American), wives, daughters, and a quite sweet and mellow group of fans. I didn't care much for the final support act (which was quite popular among the Czechs) because there were two older fans in sort of tie-dye t-shirts in front of me, and one of them was checking his phone that showed photos of him embracing ALL the Stones just minutes earlier. My jealousy peaked!

I was standing there and couldn't believe what was happening. I think my last time at a Stones concert was back in 2006. When the boys came on stage, I actually teared up. I was terribly embarassed of myself, but then another fan told me she cried too, so what the heck, it was worth it.

Of course I loved every single moment. I can't be too objective about the actual quality of the concert, although I did notice they were a little bit more slowed down than last time I saw them, which is only natural. However, even so, they were amazing. I had my eyes fixed on Keith in like 97% of the gig, which was funny, because most of the people around me would follow Mick as he walked to the edge of the stage and I was smiling like a kid at Keith's moves, his playing and all. The cameraman got a bit on my nerves, because he kept blocking my view, him and that whole situation with mobile phones held high - I mean, what's the point of going to a concert if you're gonna spend most of the time looking through your screen? Really don't get these guys.

There was a moment in one song, I think it was during Midnight Rambler but I can't be too sure cause it's all a haze now, that Mick was at the other end of the walkway and Keith was in the middle of the stage playing and looking at him. He was all serious and thoughtful and then broke into a huge smile at Mick, such an emotional moment! The Glimmer Twins' love was strong, I tell you, bro-fists and stage-playing and all. EVEN some mic sharing. I was screaming to them in Greek by that time Grin

Mick was his usual hyper-energetic unstoppable self, even though his voice sounded kinda strained towards the end. I'd read he had visited a hospital the previous day in Prague, to check on his throat. No real problem though, he was great. (Or at least I was so happy it all sounded great). He even sang a part of "You gotta move", my eyes almost popped out like a cartoon's when I heard it.

Wasn't lucky enough to catch a pick but Charlie's drum stick did follow a trajectory that would land straight into my forehead or hand, if a crazy Czech hadn't jumped up and grabbed it Grin

I had a small adventure getting back to the hotel, because the taxi I had scheduled for my return ride ditched me and I spent a good hour looking for a way to get back, getting ripped off by a taxi driver that overcharged me and took a ride through some dark, woods area that had me thinking of all sorts of crazy scenarios, but in the end it was ok.

I had tickets for Warsaw too, but my anxiety got the best of me and didn't want to travel anymore, so I gave them away to the girl at the hotel reception (the girl who also cried when the Stones got on stage!), who was a huge fan and at least I was happy that they got to someone who would appreciate them.

All in all, it was perfect and it gave me the usual Stones gig high. Now I'm just keeping all fingers crossed that they get to Europe again soon enough and maybe, just maybe, we get lucky in Greece and we get out third Stones concert at long last. Last time they played here was all the way back in 1998!

Didn't snap any good pictures because I couldn't distract my eyes from Richards Grin (SO stuck on him, that I wasn't even aware of the fireworks at the end - true story, I was shocked to see them in pictures posted after the gig). So I only got my crappy phone out one time and clicked without looking.

Now, where do I apply for the job of that guy who gets Keith's Malrboro pack on stage and places it there half-open?  Tongue
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:29am by FotiniD »  
FotiniD  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)