Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Rolling Stones announce pop-up shops across the UK (Read 1,714 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
The Rolling Stones announce pop-up shops across the UK
May 8th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
By Nick Reilly May 8, 2018 4:02 pm

It's only rock and roll...

The Rolling Stones have announced details of pop-up stores across the UK that will see some of their most famous outfits going on display.

The rock icons, who begin a massive UK tour later this month, will launch the Corner Shop installation at Selfridges stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham.

For three weeks from 14 May, fans will have the chance to see iconic stage wear including a green oak leaf sequin jacket worn by Mick Jagger at Glastonbury in 2013, and a denim jacket worn on the Steel Wheels US tour in 1989.

Other notable items include an ostrich feather cape designed by the late L’Wren Scott and a matador-style jacket designed by Balenciaga.

Fans can also get their hands on bespoke merchandise by brands including Comme De Garcons and Levi’s, as well as hand painted Schott leather jackets.

Meanwhile, Mick Jagger recently announced that he’s working on new music from The Stones, although it isn’t clear if we’ll get to hear it when the band hit the road this summer.

“I am writing at the moment,” he told Independent IE in a recent interview.

Questioned on whether his ideas would be part of a solo release or Stones record, Jagger replied: “I’m just writing. It is mostly for the Stones at the moment.”

He added: “I don’t really think about what I have written, much. I just keep ploughing forward, really.”

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/rolling-stones-announce-pop-shops-across-uk-231039...

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: The Rolling Stones announce pop-up shops across the UK
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2018 at 4:53pm
A Rolling Stones pop-up shop is coming to Selfridges

"Rock enthusiasts will have the chance to buy Rolling Stones memorabilia while viewing Mick Jagger’s iconic stage outfits at a new pop-up shop.

The temporary boutique at Selfridges will sell new merchandise for the band’s upcoming No Filter tour and will feature a display of items worn by Mick Jagger.

The Oxford Street store’s Corner Shop installation, which will take over four front windows, will also let fans take a look at the Stones’ first ever vinyl box set as well as a chance to re-live the historic Havana Moon concert in Cuba, which will be played on screens and via in-store headphones.

Mat Vlasic, head of Bravado, the merchandise company which helped design the shop, said: 'Both the Stones and Selfridges are synonymous with shaping British culture and it has been an honour for Bravado to curate this unique and innovative immersive experience for their fans. We have created a dynamic retail space within Selfridges, filled with unique and bespoke items that fans will want to experience for themselves.'

Among items on display - but not for sale - will be Jagger’s iconic red ostrich feather jacket designed by L’Wren Scott, a full length red sequin coat designed by Dior for the Bigger Bang Tour, a Versace leopard print coat worn by the singer in Toronto in 1995 and a green oak leaf sequin jacket he wore at Glastonbury in 2013.

General merchandise for the tour opening at the London Stadium on 22 May, such as t-shirts, hoodies and jackets will be on sale and there will also be a kidswear collection.

The Rolling Stones @ Selfridges, The Oxford Street Corner Shop will be open from 14 May to 3 June with smaller collections also available in Selfridges stores in Birmingham, Manchester Exchange and Trafford."

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/rolling-stones-selfridges-a3833...

... ... ...
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2018 at 6:56am
They did this in Paris last year and everything in the store was ridiculously over priced, a super rip-off.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2018 at 1:05pm
All their merchandise is overpriced. The store at Exhibitionism was beyond a joke.

They'd put a Stones tongue on a dogturd and charge $200 for it, knowing enough idiots would buy it.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4 - May 14th, 2018 at 6:19pm
Gazza, probably you're calling idiots to some of us, including me

That was clever you made a grown man cry The real Rolling Stones tongue

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #5 - May 14th, 2018 at 6:35pm
Jade is selling her own stuff, this was taken today @ Selfridges; I didn't tell my girlfriend that Gazza is not there yet, she is waiting for you mate

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #6 - May 17th, 2018 at 4:28am
can't have enough tongue turds!

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)