Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dylan, Mick, Lennon, Keith trivial nonsense (Read 777 times)
KMC
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Bayonne, NJ
Dylan, Mick, Lennon, Keith trivial nonsense
May 7th, 2018 at 8:59am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
*Funny excerpt from an article in Goldmine Magazine by Jay Jay French. It involves Jagger, Lennon and Dylan in the 1960’s and the rivalry between the trio.

Richard Alderson was Bob’s Dylan’s producer and mixer during his tour of England in 1966.
He met the Beatles at a show and asked to see Abbey Road studios. After a viewing, John and George offered him a ride back to his hotel. Some illegal smoking was going on in the back seat.
Here’s the specifics:

A roadster pulled up next to their car and the window came down to reveal Mick Jagger driving alone and, having recognized the car that John and George were in, tapped on the window (with smoke blowing out.) Jagger asked where they were going.
According to Richard, it was commonly known that in the inner sanctum of the hierarchy of the British music scene that Dylan did not like Mick Jagger personally. Moreover, John also knew this and teased Jagger with “We’re going over to Dylan’s hotel to hang out. Wanna join us?”
Knowing full well that Jagger would come up with some excuse. And he did. Jagger said, “Can’t at the moment, I’m off to a recording session.” To which Lennon replied, according to Richard, “Call us if you need a real rhythm section!”

*Review about a new Dylan book:
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/05/bob_dylans_appeal_keeps_him_fo...

*Lastly, it’s interesting how mainstream the once dangerous rock outlaws, the Rolling Stones, have become. They’re used as “Jeopardy” game show questions, NY Times crossword clues, and modern society role models. I picked up the local paper today and to my surprise Keith Richards was quoted in an article about the hiring of a new library supervisor. Here it is. WTF?

This isn’t going to be your father’s library.
J.P. Porcaro, the new director of the Bayonne Public Library, didn’t say so exactly, but how many librarians quote legendary rock n’ roller Keith Richards while discussing the job?

“Keith Richards says, ‘When you’re growing up, there are two institutional places that affect you most powerfully: the church, which belongs to God, and the public library, which belongs to you. The public library is a great equalizer,” said Porcaro, referring to the Rolling Stones guitarist. “If he wasn’t a musician, he’d have been a librarian.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: Dylan, Mick, Lennon, Keith trivial nonsense
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2018 at 1:30pm
this thread is well titled.......

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

KMC
Rocks Off Regular

Bayonne, NJ
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2018 at 2:31pm
Mea culpa.

It's a slow newsday.
Actually it seemed like a better idea at 6 a.m. when the material was still fresh.

Won't be the Last Time I strike out.....

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #3 - May 7th, 2018 at 3:03pm
trivial pursuit rock edition?

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #4 - May 7th, 2018 at 3:33pm
KMC..not to worry...with only 159 posts you have a ways to go before you reach the top..where useless posting is expected!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

KMC
Rocks Off Regular

Bayonne, NJ
Reply #5 - May 7th, 2018 at 4:13pm
For a second there I thought I was on to something.

Guess I have to pass on the posting of things like "Mick Jagger was seen dining at (fill in the blank) last night" or "Ron Wood walked his new daughters in (fill in the blank) Park yesterday."

Back to the drawing board.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)