Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keith Richards credits The Beatles for Stones’ success (Read 987 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Keith Richards credits The Beatles for Stones’ success
Mar 9th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Keith Richards has admitted that The Rolling Stones success was partially down to the popularity of their longtime rivals The Beatles.

The rock veteran has previously been outspoken in his lack of regard for the Fab Four’s music, criticizing their live performance and he even famously called their iconic 1967 album “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” a “mishmash of rubbish.”

However, the 74-year-old has now confessed that without The Beatles making it big in America in the mid-1960s, the Stones wouldn’t have become the phenomenon they are today.

“There’s no getting away from it ,” he told The Sun newspaper. ”Without The Beatles, I doubt there’d have been The Rolling Stones as such. They had that wonderful all-round appeal, something we certainly weren’t working on.

“We didn’t have to put up with being the Mop Tops or the Fab Four. Before The Beatles, hardly any British acts had broken America but they opened the door and I guess we kicked it in,” he added.

The Beatles split up in 1970 and Keith said that he puts their early demise down to the scrutiny they were under.

“They got off the bus just before it really got moving, you know,” explained Richards. “The pressure they were under being The Beatles is maybe one of the reasons why we’re still around.”

The Rolling Stones recently announced that this summer they will perform in their native U.K. for the first time in five years, and Keith revealed they were also ready to record new music.

“We’re working on it right now, old boy!” he told The Sun’s reporter. “I’m in the studio and I’m waiting for Mick to turn up. We’re doing a few days knocking some songs around and playing about, so work is in progress as I speak.”

http://qfm96.com/news/030030-keith-richards-success-beatles/
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2018 at 1:51pm by Edith Grove »  

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Re: Keith Richards credits The Beatles for Stones’ success
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:04pm

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:32pm
"Keith Is Rock N Roll"

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 9:13pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 1:28pm:
Keith Richards credits The Beatles for Stones’ success

Oh no! not you again Oh no! not you again Oh no! not you again Oh no! not you again Waka Jawaka Waka Jawaka Waka Jawaka Interesting stuff Ronnie! Interesting stuff Ronnie! Interesting stuff Ronnie!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)