Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Amazing trove of never-before-seen pictures of The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and others are unearthed after 50 years in TV firm's vault (Read 1,289 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Amazing trove of never-before-seen pictures of The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and others are unearthed after 50 years in TV firm's vault
Feb 20th, 2018 at 9:21pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Amazing trove of never-before-seen pictures of The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and others are unearthed after 50 years in TV firm's vault

The photographs were unearthed in a vault under the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation building
Among them is an image of the Beatles performing at Maple Leaf Gardens in Ontario, Canada, in 1964
Others include a picture of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger in 1965 and one of The Doors in 1967
By Jo Riley For Mailonline
Published: 14:44 EST, 15 February 2018  | Updated: 19:58 EST, 15 February 2018

These never-before-seen pictures of iconic musicians and bands including The Beatles are set to go on display in the UK this summer.

Among the previously unseen pictures - which were unearthed in a vault under the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation building - is an image of the Beatles performing at Maple Leaf Gardens in Ontario, Canada, in 1964.

Others in the collection include a picture of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger performing at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1965 and one of rock band The Doors that was taken in 1967.

More here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5396777/Amazing-trove-pictures-Beatles-R...

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Amazing trove of never-before-seen pictures of The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and others are unearthed after 50 years in TV firm's vault
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:42pm
nice find

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Amazing trove of never-before-seen pictures of The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and others are unearthed after 50 years in TV firm's vault
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 4:37pm
Great photos.

The Dylan one comes from the "Quest" TV special from February 1964

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:25pm
That corduroy jacket looks Made-In-Canada.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Irina
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:00am
Great photos. Thank You!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 10:45am
andrews27 wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:25pm:

Yup..made in Moose Jaw I'm thinking!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 6:41pm
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 10:45am:
andrews27 wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 7:25pm:

Yup..made in Moose Jaw I'm thinking!

I think Mick made a side trip to the Eaton's Centre for that thing, so he could do the sexy the way Toronto girls understood it then - all thick and belted and making a ribbed sound when you rubbed up on it.  With snaps on the cuffs, too. 

And that's OK - when Rod wrote "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?" ten years later, you could hear nostalgia for the swinging Toronto skyline in that beat
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2018 at 8:19am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 8:58pm
Mick looks alot like James Brown, in that photo!

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)