Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
European Tour 2018 - Rumours and Possible dates (Read 13,017 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: European Tour 2018 - Rumours and Possible dates
Reply #25 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 1:08pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Unfortunately, for Stones concert trips - gone are the days when both the flight and accommodation cost more than the ticket.

Now, it barely gets you a nosebleed!

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #26 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 11:16pm
The only way I'm flying to see the Stones is if they announce some indoor shows. I've been to Twickenham twice, its a terrible venue with very limited transportation. The trains stop running before the show ends. Instead of adding extra trains to accommodate the crowds as they do in NY, they hang you out to dry. Cops on horseback herding the crowd away is not a fun way to end a long day.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #27 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:42am
I am seriously considering heading to Scotland for a show if it happens. Long been a destination I have wanted to visit. Anyone offer up reviews of Murrayfield Stadium etc as my best bet?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #28 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Bitch wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 11:16pm:
The only way I'm flying to see the Stones is if they announce some indoor shows. I've been to Twickenham twice, its a terrible venue with very limited transportation. The trains stop running before the show ends. Instead of adding extra trains to accommodate the crowds as they do in NY, they hang you out to dry. Cops on horseback herding the crowd away is not a fun way to end a long day.

I'd take our cops method of crowd control over yours anyday! Grin

The shows have to end by 10.30.  There are trains long after that. To say they stop before the show ends simply isnt true. Check the schedule.

Twickenham is outside London so the transport could be better - especially at the minute as there is a lot of building work going on. From memory, they supplied extra buses after the Stones shows I attended there to transport people back into town.

40 minute walk gets you back to Richmond which has a tube service into London well after midnight and always has done.

I'd recommend staying in or around Richmond, Kingston or Twickenham for the show(s).  I've done that each time theyve played there. Cheaper and less hassle and easy connection to central London if you want to do any touristy stuff on non-show days.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:49pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #29 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:38pm
From the Stones' social media account just now...

... ... ...
IP Logged

Saintofme
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Stones State of Mind
Reply #30 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:38pm
Some speculation it will be called the No Stopping tour.  Why not just the Don't Stop tour as that is one of their song titles?

You'll Never Make a Saint of Me...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #31 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:47pm
that would kind of mean they'd have to play it.

Which they won't.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #32 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 4:15pm
what's this got to do with pancakes?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #33 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 4:55pm
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:42am:
I am seriously considering heading to Scotland for a show if it happens. Long been a destination I have wanted to visit. Anyone offer up reviews of Murrayfield Stadium etc as my best bet?

Saw the Stones there in  early June1999. A bloody cold show!

Fine stadium though - as good as you'll get for a gig of that size in Scotland.  Its likely to be the choice of venue for a Stones show this year as opposed to Glasgow (which has three similar sized stadia)

The walk back into the city centre (Princes Street) is about 40-45 minutes but you should also be able to get accommodation nearer the venue.

Edinburgh is a great city to visit though. Whilst smaller than Glasgow, theres more to see and do in it.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #34 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:23am
Gazza wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 4:55pm:

Saw the Stones there in  early June1999. A bloody cold show!

Fine stadium though - as good as you'll get for a gig of that size in Scotland.  Its likely to be the choice of venue for a Stones show this year as opposed to Glasgow (which has three similar sized stadia)

The walk back into the city centre (Princes Street) is about 40-45 minutes but you should also be able to get accommodation nearer the venue.

Edinburgh is a great city to visit though. Whilst smaller than Glasgow, theres more to see and do in it.

Thanks..much appreciated!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #35 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:23pm

stones plus scotch distilleries tour!!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #36 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:20pm
mojoman wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:23pm:

stones plus scotch distilleries tour!!

Yup and not necessarily in that order!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #37 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Leith Walk, Edinburgh today.....

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #38 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 5:34pm
If "No Stopping" is the name of the tour ( and all signs are pointing to YES)...then it is ripe for some ironic event to come about...I do not like this tour name...the previous 14 on Fire and Ole were gems...even Zip Code was passable (in spite of the fact that they played Canada where they dont have Zip Codes)...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #39 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 5:52pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 5:34pm:
If "No Stopping" is the name of the tour ( and all signs are pointing to YES)...then it is ripe for some ironic event to come about...I do not like this tour name...the previous 14 on Fire and Ole were gems...even Zip Code was passable (in spite of the fact that they played Canada where they dont have Zip Codes)...

Was thinking the same. I like the defiance of it, but its tempting fate a bit!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #40 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 6:21pm
Gazza wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 5:52pm:
Paranoid Android wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 5:34pm:

Was thinking the same. I like the defiance of it, but its tempting fate a bit!

Right?!? The headlines are already being prepped...Would have much preferred the affirmative of something like "The Stone Stops Here!"...(work with me peeps...just making this up as I type it)

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #41 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:46pm
What other band in the world has toured so many times they are running out of names?

Fuck fate..be defiant.....hopefully this means some US dates thrown in for the fall!

Edinburgh here I come.....be my 45th show and at 65 myself I'm Not Stopping Either!

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #42 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:54pm
A big No Stopping sign by a bus stop looks more like a street sign directing traffic not to stop there, so I wonder if most people don't get the connection to the Rolling Stones since there is no mention of them in the sign.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #43 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:06pm
Gazza wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:37pm:

The shows have to end by 10.30.  There are trains long after that. To say they stop before the show ends simply isnt true. Check the schedule.

Twickenham is outside London so the transport could be better - especially at the minute as there is a lot of building work going on. From memory, they supplied extra buses after the Stones shows I attended there to transport people back into town.

40 minute walk gets you back to Richmond which has a tube service into London well after midnight and always has done.

I'd recommend staying in or around Richmond, Kingston or Twickenham for the show(s).  I've done that each time theyve played there. Cheaper and less hassle and easy connection to central London if you want to do any touristy stuff on non-show days.

Oh you mean our cops in the USA carry weapons and commonly practice police brutality? Its a way of life here, and I meant no disrespect by mentioning being herded out by cops on horseback to the train station but there not enough trains to accommodate the crowd so we had to walk a very long distance and honestly I don't remember how I got back to London but it wasn't easy or fun. Staying close to the venue is a very good idea for Twickers.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:08pm by Bitch »  

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #44 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 5:32am
At their age they do not need to tempt fate by naming the tour No Stopping.

I've got enough stress!

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #45 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:07am
Bitch wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:54pm:
A big No Stopping sign by a bus stop looks more like a street sign directing traffic not to stop there, so I wonder if most people don't get the connection to the Rolling Stones since there is no mention of them in the sign.

Good point...surprised the tongue logo isn't seen somewhere on the sign....but a way to get extra publicity I suppose

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #46 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:56am
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:07am:
Bitch wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:54pm:

Good point...surprised the tongue logo isn't seen somewhere on the sign....but a way to get extra publicity I suppose

When you see something like that, you should just know   Are you fucking serious?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #47 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:09pm
Bitch wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:06pm:
Gazza wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:37pm:

Oh you mean our cops in the USA carry weapons and commonly practice police brutality? Its a way of life here, and I meant no disrespect by mentioning being herded out by cops on horseback to the train station but there not enough trains to accommodate the crowd so we had to walk a very long distance and honestly I don't remember how I got back to London but it wasn't easy or fun. Staying close to the venue is a very good idea for Twickers.

None taken. I'm just giving you some shit.  Wink

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #48 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 4:09pm
https://iorr.org/tour18/

The latest IORR rumoured tour dates thread suggests that there is only likely to be one show at Twickenham - which suggests that the Stones are only going to be allowed a permit for one show there instead of two (which was always going to be an issue  as I think they only allow three shows there a year and Eminem has already booked two of them). The 23rd June show is now more likely to be in Berlin.

Intriguingly, no venue listed for the projected May 22 & 25 dates in London.  The Olympic Stadium has been mooted as a possible venue for those shows - but can the Stones sustain 3 stadium shows in London when theyre also going to be playing other dates within two hours drive of London ?

Even more intriguingly, the 02 Arena (as mentioned above) is free on those two dates.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #49 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 6:47pm
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:46pm:
What other band in the world has toured so many times they are running out of names?

Fuck fate..be defiant.....hopefully this means some US dates thrown in for the fall!

Edinburgh here I come.....be my 45th show and at 65 myself I'm Not Stopping Either!

pm me an addy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)