Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Orleans Jazz Fest 2018: See all the headliners here (Read 1,925 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
New Orleans Jazz Fest 2018: See all the headliners here
Jan 23rd, 2018 at 1:44pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
New Orleans Jazz Fest 2018: See all the headliners here

By Doug MacCash
NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Aerosmith, Aretha Franklin, Sting, Jimmy Buffett, Beck, Jack White, David Byrne, Lionel Richie and Anita Baker are the brightest of the many stars at this year's New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. Are you jazzed by the lineup? Let us know what you think in the comment stream.

In addition to the stars above, here's the complete list of 2018 Jazz Fest performers: Bonnie Raitt, Khalid, Sturgill Simpson, Jack Johnson, Sheryl Crow, Common, Cage the Elephant, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, The Revivalists, Steve Miller Band, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Smokey Robinson, Juanes, Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, Toots & The Maytals, Aaron Neville, George Benson, Charlie Wilson, Delbert McClinton, Irma Thomas, Steel Pulse, The Radiators @ 40,

Jon Batiste with The Dap-Kings, Big Freedia, Buddy Guy, Old Crow Medicine Show, Blind Boys of Alabama, John Mayall, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Savion Glover, Leslie Odom Jr., Charles Lloyd & The Marvels with special guest Lucinda Williams, Maze featuring Frankie Beverly, The Fabulous Thunderbirds featuring Kim Wilson, Tamela Mann, Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk, Galactic, Better than Ezra, Tab Benoit, Dianne Reeves, Telmary y Habana Sana of Cuba, Los Silver Stars of Honduras, Hezekiah Walker, Ron Carter Trio, Rebirth Brass Band, Tank and the Bangas, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, The Bounce featuring Cupid, 5th Ward Weebie, DJ Jubilee, Partners-N-Crime, and Ricky B, Archie Shepp Quartet, Anders Osborne, Sona Jobarteh of Gambia, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux & the Golden Eagles, Jupiter & Okwess of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kermit Ruffins' Tribute to Louis Armstrong, Davell Crawford, Boyfriend, Chocolate Milk, Ruthie Foster, Big Sam's Funky Nation, Samantha Fish, The Soul Rebels, Sonny Landreth, Sweet Crude, Jazz Fest celebrates the New Orleans Tricentennial, Walter Trout, Jerron 'Blind Boy' Paxton, Pine Leaf Boys, Socks in the Frying Pan of Ireland, Jake Shimabukuro, Sidi Toure of Mali, James Andrews & the Crescent City Allstars, Walter Wolfman Washington & the Roadmasters, George Porter, Jr. & Runnin' Pardners, Jon Cleary, Terence Blanchard & the E-Collective, Wayne Toups, GIVERS, Cowboy Mouth, Marcia Ball, Calexico, Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah, The Last Bandoleros, Doug Kershaw & Friends, Bobby Rush, John Boutte, Hiss Golden Messenger, Zachary Richard, Tribute to Jelly Roll Morton featuring Henry Butler, Darcy Malone & the Tangle,

The Walls Group, Jermaine Landrum & Abundant Praise Revival Choir, Creole Wild West Mardi Gras Indians, Lakou Mizik of Haiti, Imagination Movers, Big Chief Donald Harrison, Kod Kreyol and the Creole Dance Ensemble of Haiti, Furious Five Social Aid & Pleasure Club, Nicholas Payton, Don Vappie's Tribute to King Oliver, Lost Bayou Ramblers, Lena Prima, John Mooney, Lee Boys, The East Pointers of Canada, Royal Teeth, Roddie Romero & the Hub City All-Stars, Meschiya Lake Remembers Sweet Emma Barrett, Hot 8 Brass Band, Tribute to Fats Domino with special guest Jerry Lee Lewis.

Now that we know who's coming, I'll show you my top 10 list, if you show me yours, OK? I most want to see:

Aerosmith, because they're blues-metal monsters and I've never seen them in person.

Aretha: living legend, right?

David Byrne, because I did so enjoy the 1980s. I did.

Big Freedia, because I never ever miss Big Freedia.

Boyfriend, because I can't wait to see how her bawdy burlesque thing goes over with Jazz Fest crowd. Should be hoot.

Tank and the Bangas, because there's no better band anywhere.

Doug Kershaw, because he's so good live and, who knows, maybe we'll do a little dancing in the mud.

The Revivalists, because I can't hear "Bullet Proof Vest" often enough, ever. It's like a sickness.

Blind Boys of Alabama, because I've never heard them live.

Aaron Neville, because I haven't heard him live in a few years, which is too long not to hear Aaron Neville live.

Jerry Lee Lewis doing Fats Domino, 'cause that's what you call history.

I know. That's 11. I cheated. Sue me.

We'll provide the day-by-day schedule when it becomes available sometime down the line.

Jazz Fest takes place April 27-29 and May 3-6 at the Fair Grounds Race Track, 1751 Gentilly Blvd. Daily tickets to the event are $65 in advance or $80 at the gate. Advance sales end April 26 for the first weekend and May 2 for the second. Admission for children 2-10 is $5; younger kids are free. Special $50 admission at the gate for Louisiana residents on "locals Thursday," May 3.

http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/2018/01/jazz_fest_2018_stars_headliner.ht...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: New Orleans Jazz Fest 2018: See all the headliners here
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:02pm
Sturgill Simpson
Jason Isbell
David Byrne
Toots & The Maytals
Walter Trout
Buddy Guy
Lukas Nelson (going to see him in Dublin in March, anyway)
Old Crow Medicine Show

Jerry Lee Lewis and Aretha due to their legendary status, although it may be a bit painful, sadly.

Good line up and very decent ticket prices too.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 7:32pm
-Beck, ( Love ALL his stuff...his latest Colors is great...give it a listen...his last, Morning Phase is as awesome in a different way))
-Jack White, (His movies are hilarious...just kidding...He's great)
-David Byrne ( I overslept and couldn't get tickets  last friday...saw him in 2008 AMAZING!!)
-Smokey Robinson (This is legendary for me)
-Toots & The Maytals ( Its TOOTS)
-Galactic (its a 90s thing)

Thats all I got

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 3:03pm
Too many great choices!..enjoy and thanks for sharing Edith!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 8:52pm
One of these days I'm gonna go to this fest, it looks like so much fun!

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:58pm
  • Toots & The Maytals
  • Steel Pulse

I can smell it, even here!!!!

Good blues here:
  • Buddy Guy
  • John Mayall
  • Bonnie Raitt
Old time rock and roll…  Tribute to Fats Domino with special guest Jerry Lee Lewis.

Not bad here:
  • Aerosmith
  • Aretha Franklin,
  • Sheryl Crow
  • Steve Miller Band
There’s a lot I have never heard but probably great

« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2018 at 6:11pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 5:25pm
Aretha Franklin NOT performing (again).......to be replaced by Rod Stewart.

Hope Aretha's OK, but I've lost count now of how many Jazz Fests she's backed out of.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 2:52pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)