Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does anyone have the black & white Rock N' Roll Circus? (Read 947 times)
BrianRollingJones
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Does anyone have the black & white Rock N' Roll Circus?
Jan 7th, 2018 at 9:37am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I've heard there is a B/W bootleg version of the Rock N' Roll Circus where Brian isn't mixed out. If anyone has it could you please share?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Does anyone have the black & white Rock N' Roll Circus?
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:20pm
I have it on an old BETAMAX tape somewhere.  No way of copying it or uploading it though. Have had it since the early 80s

I dont recall much or any difference with the way Brian is featured, to be honest - although the released version is maybe about 15-20 minutes longer and there are some different edits.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

BrianRollingJones
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:25pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
I have it on an old BETAMAX tape somewhere.  No way of copying it or uploading it though. Have had it since the early 80s

I dont recall much or any difference with the way Brian is featured, to be honest - although the released version is maybe about 15-20 minutes longer and there are some different edits.

I wish there was some way of isolating and bumping up what he plays. On Parachute Woman he is placing a nice, if simple, very warm and gritty sounding Chuck Berry rhythm under Keith's leads but you can only hear it here and there. On JJF he seems to be playing a deeper version of the main riff. There was no reason to bury him so deeply in the mix.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 9:30pm
R&R Circus is my all time favorite version of Sympathy, where MICK slithers down the catwalk and rips his shirt off. Haven't watched it in a while. I didn't know about a black and white version, but I'm not a bit surprised to read that they buried Brian in the mix. Brian's musical contributions were significant and should be amplified.

IP Logged

BrianRollingJones
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 4:50pm
Bitch wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 9:30pm:
R&R Circus is my all time favorite version of Sympathy, where MICK slithers down the catwalk and rips his shirt off. Haven't watched it in a while. I didn't know about a black and white version, but I'm not a bit surprised to read that they buried Brian in the mix. Brian's musical contributions were significant and should be amplified.

They also cut his introduction of Julius Katchen and Katchen's performance. Brian was a fan of Katchen. It's included as a "deleted scene" but in the actual movie itself, every member of the band introduces someone except for Brian.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)