Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian (Read 39,073 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian
Reply #50 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:13am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I want the boys clocking in at the studio 9am tomorrow.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian
Reply #51 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:27am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:13am:
I want the boys clocking in at the studio 9am tomorrow.

They should be wearing matching suits as well:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #52 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:52pm
any news?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #53 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:21pm
This new album better make me look good.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #54 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:48pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
This new album better make me look good.

..... What a post Ronnie!!!!!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #55 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:58pm

From the upcoming Rolling Stone issue.

Article title is 'Stones in the studio' .. and Keith says they are readying a new really good original album. Keith also states the sessions with Mick have been really fun. Article / snippet (which is a tiny .. tiny thing) starts out in saying 2018 may be the year for the long awaited follow up to A Bigger Bang.

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #56 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 6:45am
'may be' ??? 
   Oh no! not you again

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #57 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 7:48am
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
for the long awaited follow up to A Bigger Bang.

I dont know anyone who wants A Bigger Bang pt II... Shocked Shocked Shocked...but I understand what they are trying to say... Let's go get drunk

I like how many artists now just release 1 -3 songs/year...they tend to be good and loyal to their fan base...I thought Jagger was on to something with GGaG/England Lost...he felt it...recorded it and released it in 3 months (along 3 remixed versions and videos too!!)...Done...NEXT...

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #58 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 11:21pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 6:45am:
'may be' ??? 
   Oh no! not you again

Gazz Ikr .. It's like.. what's wrong with .. 'due for a release sometime later in the year' ... Guys? (<meaning The Stones themselves)

So 'may be' .. We've actually moved from who knows when? .. Now to 'may be this year' and that transition only took ... like... what.... two years.. .. .. ... By this pace .. In another two or three years we should have a release.. .. .....
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2018 at 11:23pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #59 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 12:22am
It will be interesting if any of them show up for the Grammys. I can't imagine Charlie showing up but I wonder if they use this to get their names out there if they win. I doubt any will show up if they are not told that they will win beforehand. But if they do, I think it's safe to assume that they won't take advantage of the exposure unless one of them happens to be in New York.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #60 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 2:23pm
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 11:21pm:
By this pace .. In another two or three years we should have a release.. .. ..

You must be thinking about  the 60 Licks compilation package...with 2 new songs...written on the way to the studio plus lots of exclusives for the "real fans"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #61 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 5:40pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Jan 21st, 2018 at 2:23pm:

You must be thinking about  the 60 Licks compilation package...with 2 new songs...written on the way to the studio plus lots of exclusives for the "real fans"

Yep. 'Beast of Burden', 'Emotional rescue' and 'Miss You' will all be edited in slightly different places than they were on '40 Licks' and that more recent compilation which had a title so fucking ridiculous that I refuse to utter or type it.  And to make it a completely essential purchase, five seconds will be shaved off the fadeout of 'Satisfaction'

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #62 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:18pm

Gazza wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 5:40pm:

Yep. 'Beast of Burden', 'Emotional rescue' and 'Miss You' will all be edited in slightly different places than they were on '40 Licks' and that more recent compilation which had a title so fucking ridiculous that I refuse to utter or type it.  And to make it a completely essential purchase, five seconds will be shaved off the fadeout of 'Satisfaction'

Anything is better than that one edit <hack> in Live Licks?

What song was that in on there btw? I forget (I just know it was like a sick joke). IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII can edit better than that... MUCH better and I'm not kidding... So How on earth could a Stones release have something so ridiculous??

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #63 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:34pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:52pm:
any news?

Mr. 'Some Guy' .........

Actually I was here waiting on news from you ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #64 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 7:28pm
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:18pm:

What song was that in on there btw? I forget (I just know it was like a sick joke). IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII can edit better than that... MUCH better and I'm not kidding... So How on earth could a Stones release have something so ridiculous??

I'll give you a clue. You're reading a website named after it.

It wasnt a sick joke. No one would deliberately put a glitch on an official record.  Its quite evident that no one in the band listened to it before sanctioning its release.

When you consider that fact plus the reality that the guitar overdubs on the 'Biggest Bang' DVD box were done by two guitar techs (they even credited them on the sleeve!), it speaks volumes about how little they care about these things.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #65 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 2:18pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 7:28pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:18pm:

I'll give you a clue. You're reading a website named after it.

It wasnt a sick joke. No one would deliberately put a glitch on an official record.  Its quite evident that no one in the band listened to it before sanctioning its release.

When you consider that fact plus the reality that the guitar overdubs on the 'Biggest Bang' DVD box were done by two guitar techs (they even credited them on the sleeve!), it speaks volumes about how little they care about these things.

Ahhhhh now I know ... Yes .. naturally I realized it was not a 'joke' Lol.

Who engineered it? Who at the record company listened to it and ok'd it? You did not even have to know the song by heart ... or even didn't really ever need to hear the song before to instantly take note of that major... horrid chop / edit?

How was a RS album marked with that leaving the studio.. put to print .. and then released .. with all their professionals .. money .. and such?? I still don't get how that left the studio like that... I seriously don't .... let alone going through the chain of command and passing quality control and finally getting to the shelves in stores...?? It may be (probably is) the worst edit on a song I've ever heard .. At least that went out on CD?? Lol smh

I distinctly remember right were I was driving listening to it on CD when I first heard that.. I was like 'wait... huh?'
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2018 at 2:22pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #66 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 5:49pm
The record company (EMI) wouldnt have had any input into what goes on a Rolling Stones record. Its not as if theyre some up and coming band.

the buck stops with whoever edited it but especially with the artist who allowed it to be released in their name.

Live Licks, if you remember, was released a full year after the excellent Four Flicks DVD boxed set and was seen at the time as something of an pointless afterthought of a release which appeared to be put out as a bit of a contractual obligation rather than something they spent any time on. It showed.

The thing was there was no need to edit anything. When the release was first talked about, there was a leaked track listing which consisted of 33 songs including 'Parachute woman' from the Orpheum Theatre and other such performances.  However, a release with that many songs would have required a substantial bit of editing to fit onto two 80-minute discs.

In the end, they released 23 songs on two discs with a running time of under 110 minutes. They had more than enough room to have included all of those songs without any cuts.  It appears they just cut out ten songs and kept the other 23 - with whatever edits had been done for the original 33-song release.

The band clearly never listened to the finished product before sanctioning it's release.

A shame, because it was a terrific tour and there are some fine performances on it.

... ... ...
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #67 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 11:38pm
I'm expecting one side of the disk to not be largely country-based or to actually be so,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvtMIgmWoZ8&feature=youtu.be

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #68 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:05pm
I suppose it is what it is.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #69 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:42pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:05pm:
I suppose it is what it is.

It ain't over till it's over

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #70 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:09pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 5:49pm:
The record company (EMI) wouldnt have had any input into what goes on a Rolling Stones record. Its not as if theyre some up and coming band.

the buck stops with whoever edited it but especially with the artist who allowed it to be released in their name.

Live Licks, if you remember, was released a full year after the excellent Four Flicks DVD boxed set and was seen at the time as something of an pointless afterthought of a release which appeared to be put out as a bit of a contractual obligation rather than something they spent any time on. It showed.

The thing was there was no need to edit anything. When the release was first talked about, there was a leaked track listing which consisted of 33 songs including 'Parachute woman' from the Orpheum Theatre and other such performances.  However, a release with that many songs would have required a substantial bit of editing to fit onto two 80-minute discs.

In the end, they released 23 songs on two discs with a running time of under 110 minutes. They had more than enough room to have included all of those songs without any cuts.  It appears they just cut out ten songs and kept the other 23 - with whatever edits had been done for the original 33-song release.

The band clearly never listened to the finished product before sanctioning it's release.

A shame, because it was a terrific tour and there are some fine performances on it.

Yes.. Four Flicks was excellent (and so neat).

Gotta disagree... the record company often has input on what is going out and in under their name. Ask Aerosmith .. Back in 97 Sony so much didn't like their first record they came out with they told them to make another. So the result was Nine Lives.

The Stones have far more space and freedom than Aerosmith but ultimately .. the record company listens to the major releases <before> they are put out in clearing them for release. Nobody caught it.. which means to me.. at the time ... Whoever was working for Virgin ... doesn't didn't know anything about what sounds passable or correct.

Record companies give space to large acts like U2 and The Stones and ultimately mostly let them do their thing .. but this was not a performance or quality thing .. It was a horrid edit that needed fixed so one would ascertain / request it be fixed before they put it out.

Ian

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #71 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:11pm
Ian Billen wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
Gazza wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 5:49pm:

Yes.. Four Flicks was excellent (and so neat).

Gotta disagree... the record company often has input on what is going out and in under their name. Ask Aerosmith .. Back in 97 Sony so much didn't like their first record they came out with they told them to make another. So the result was Nine Lives.

The Stones have far more space and freedom than Aerosmith but ultimately .. the record company listens to the major releases <before> they are put out in clearing them for release. Nobody caught it.. which means to me.. at the time ... Whoever was working for Virgin ... doesn't didn't know anything about what sounds passable or correct.

Record companies give space to large acts like U2 and The Stones and ultimately mostly let them do their thing .. but this was not a performance or quality thing .. It was a horrid edit that needed fixed so one would think it would be requested to be fixed before they put it out.

Ian

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #72 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:52pm
Wise up. Record companies arent musicians. Its not within their remit to check whether or not a record is edited properly.  Thats a world away from rejecting a record because they didnt think it was any good or that it wasnt commercial enough - which is entirely reasonable as thats a business decision.

Any artist that signs off a product released under their own name is entirely responsible for the content

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #73 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 10:13pm
Gazza wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
Wise up. Record companies arent musicians. Its not within their remit to check whether or not a record is edited properly.  Thats a world away from rejecting a record because they didnt think it was any good or that it wasnt commercial enough - which is entirely reasonable as thats a business decision.

Any artist that signs off a product released under their own name is entirely responsible for the content

Gazza ... it wasn't a mere basic or small editing thing. I actually thought my CD player may of skipped or was screwing up the first time I heard it. Wasn't like they were editing drums and a few beats were out of time.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #74 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:16am
This thread is letting me down.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)