Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian (Read 39,091 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian
Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:26pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

Keith's currently in the studio. Word has it ..that it is for preparation for official work  / sessions with Mick and the rest of the band.

Stones are to record together in December (strong word has it ..nothing official though).

As well .. brand new album is to come next year... That part.. we are all 85-90% sure of... and that is a very 'strong' 85-90% ...

Just a little tid-bit
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:29pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Re: Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:27pm
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Keith's currently in the studio. Word has it ..that it is for preparation for official work  / sessions with Mick and the rest of the band.

Stones are to record together in December (strong word has it ..nothing official though).

As well .. a brand new album is to come next year... That part.. we are all 85-90% sure of... and that is a very 'strong' 85-90%  .. ...

Just a little tidbit

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Re: Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 7:21am
Just a little tid-bit

That's the album title.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 8:36am
Don't fuck with me Ian.

but we do have brand new U2, see below...

https://youtu.be/nd_EYo96lmo

please note jb's ass is chapped.

« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2017 at 8:43am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:23am

Well then...after last year's debate ( or was it a debacle?) Ian's intell was blurry at best at the start...but we all saw in the end, things got clearer and clearer and we DID end up with L&B.

I am hopeful ( and even more confident) that this will all turn out as well.

I suggest that in as a nod to the NO FILTER tour...the new album be called NO FILLER...just give us 10 or 11 REALLY good songs and toss the other 8 in the bin. We don't need D&G pt2. I would not be opposed to bringing in a younger producer to punch out a fresher sounding single as well.

Either way...thanks Ian...!!

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 11:21am

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 1:41pm
From Mick Jagger's twitter and Facebook accounts

Back in the studio - December 2, 2017© Mick Jagger

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 4:46pm
Whereabouts in this great, wide world is this studio ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 8:39pm
Guys thats new album hair.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:55am
At this point, I would not be opposed to B2B II.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #10 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:16am
The Keith photo was taken in New York at Germano Studios on November 29.

The Mick one is from London yesterday (probably British Grove Studios)

They're not even on the same continent. Mick is working on the Stones album in that session. Apparently, Keith is doing a contribution for Steve Jordan's band, The Verbs.

(thanks, Nico)

Just a reminder, that its now exactly TWO YEARS since the Stones hit a creative roadblock when recording their 'new' studio album and chose to record Blue & Lonesome instead.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:20am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #11 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 10:23am
Some Guy wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 8:39pm:
Guys thats new album hair.

« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2017 at 11:02am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #12 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:38pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:16am:
The Keith photo was taken in New York at Germano Studios on November 29.

The Mick one is from London yesterday (probably British Grove Studios)

They're not even on the same continent. Mick is working on the Stones album in that session. Apparently, Keith is doing a contribution for Steve Jordan's band, The Verbs.

(thanks, Nico)

Just a reminder, that its now exactly TWO YEARS since the Stones hit a creative roadblock when recording their 'new' studio album and chose to record Blue & Lonesome instead.

Sure.. but their was no creative road block between Mick and Keith .. Just a break in tempo and in breaking things in and a creative stop / block during a single song... not an entire road block creatively between Mick and Keith all together (just wanna clarify).

B & L was born in three short days and they continued work on new original material in the same sessions and in a few sessions there after. They also continued work on the material together.

Blue & Lonesome did so surprisingly well  (especially for an album of covers) they chose to ease up on following it up according to people at the record company.

The plan is to get together ...all together very shortly to work on new material together.

I agree... it's been terribly long.. and they have taken their time ... terribly taken their time (if I would not of heard anything by Febuary of a new album .. I was gonna throw in the towel and have to grasp that it just was not gonna happen.... no kidding Gazz.. I had a three month time line .. If it would of been mid Febuary and we heard nothing of new album or studio work I was gonna call it. Just aint there.)

Ok Now the slowness has not been due to the material being hopeless or lacking or due to a huge riff between Mick and Keith. It was due to the right approach to this album in keeping <all> members happy with the results and taking it very slow.

As well .. Blue & Lonesome did so well ...and continued to do well internationally they had absolutely no pressure to get the original material out there.

Slow.. in spurts.. slow but sure ... are the buzz words for this record (very slow lol and in no rush .. in fact.. It would seem neglectful .. I agree there).

This is not directed toward you but people say my vision was blurry. It wasnt a vision .. it was what was is all. First everyone said they would never do another album .. and that they had absolutely no interest in ever recording again (well now the verdict is in on all that). We have not only had one but here's a fresh one. Like I said from the start.. they still are interested in doing more albums.. after all they are there aren't they? (and we already had one).

Things are fine. They are not in process as they did in the past.. its a different approach going in and over time but things are still fine.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:54pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #13 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:50pm
I dont recall anyone suggesting the delays were down to any personal issues.

Personally, I logged out from the on/off album drama yonks ago.  It'll be ready when its done.  Pointless speculating about it until then.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #14 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:58pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:50pm:

Personally, I logged out from the on/off album drama yonks ago.  It'll be ready when its done.  Pointless speculating about it until then.

Ok good. I thought you were indicating there was a riff again.

I cannot blame you for logging out.. >>I<< was friggin logging out by mid February... IF we heard no new news about the album this year.

Someone mentioned 2019? I said bro ... if I / we dont get an album THIS year.. it aint happening. Even I would have to have my eyes open to that at that point and time.

If Febuary rolled around and we heard nothing about a new Stones album from them coming this year I was gonna admit.. it aint there between them. Its not gonna happen...

THANK GOODNESS things are still on plans. I hope the slow and careful approach to this one yields a great result.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #15 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 9:50pm
Some Guy wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 8:36am:
Don't fuck with me Ian.

but we do have brand new U2, see below...

https://youtu.be/nd_EYo96lmo

please note jb's ass is chapped.

Mr. Some Guy!!!

I loved your remark .. 'That's 'album' hair'

Bahahahaha Cheesy .... that was good.

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 12:55am
It's funny that people trot out the tired cliche of Keith being the heart and soul of the Stones, but it always appears that if it wasn't for Mick, nothing Stones related would ever happen.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #17 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 12:47pm
The Wick wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 12:55am:
It's funny that people trot out the tired cliche of Keith being the heart and soul of the Stones, but it always appears that if it wasn't for Mick, nothing Stones related would ever happen.

Indeed. Mick has carried the Stones from Licks onwards. Anyone who cant see that hasnt been paying attention.  Its even more admirable considering many a lesser man would have bailed out after his lifelong musical partner chose to humiliate him in print.  Definitely the closest the band has come to imploding since the mid 80s.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #18 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 12:48pm
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:58pm:
Gazza wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:50pm:

Ok good. I thought you were indicating there was a riff again.

I cannot blame you for logging out.. >>I<< was friggin logging out by mid February... IF we heard no new news about the album this year.

Someone mentioned 2019? I said bro ... if I / we dont get an album THIS year.. it aint happening. Even I would have to have my eyes open to that at that point and time.

If Febuary rolled around and we heard nothing about a new Stones album from them coming this year I was gonna admit.. it aint there between them. Its not gonna happen...

THANK GOODNESS things are still on plans. I hope the slow and careful approach to this one yields a great result.

I think we'll get one by the summer OK. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #19 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 8:05pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 12:48pm:

Wouldn't it be something awesome (and incredibly redeeming)  if a new Stones single became the Song Of Summer for 2019?!?

Ian Billen wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:38pm:
This is not directed toward you but people say my vision was blurry. It wasnt a vision .. it was what was is all.

For the record...I never said your vision was blurry...maybe your reading comprehension...LOL...KIDDING...JOKE...anyway...what I meant was that there was nothing to confirm or deny or contradict the album news from the Stones camp...not until MONTHS later...nothing like the headers we have seen in the last few days...

It was me who said you were right on target the entire time...was it not?!?

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #20 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 9:40pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
Gazza wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 12:48pm:

Wouldn't it be something awesome (and incredibly redeeming)  if a new Stones single became the Song Of Summer for 2019?!?

Ian Billen wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:38pm:
This is not directed toward you but people say my vision was blurry. It wasnt a vision .. it was what was is all.

For the record...I never said your vision was blurry...maybe your reading comprehension...LOL...KIDDING...JOKE...anyway...what I meant was that there was nothing to confirm or deny or contradict the album news from the Stones camp...not until MONTHS later...nothing like the headers we have seen in the last few days...

It was me who said you were right on target the entire time...was it not?!?

I thought you was simply saying I was sort of vague (I had to be... I had no idea when or where but I knew they would hit the studio again health permitting). Like you said.. they made it through the 80's ..and Keiths comments on Jagger's peccar (which was a doooozy ...whew.. Keith actually for the first time in his life publicly apologize).

As for anything else ...Gazza .. my dear man and message board moderator .. I expect only greatness from you .. ...nothing less.

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #21 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 12:23am

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #22 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:33am
Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #23 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:46pm
gimmekeef wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:33am:
Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

Sure you get there .. I was talking about the 'event horizon'  Cheesy

Anyway .. Mick Jagger has always been the leader of The Band .. technically and at other times realistically. At times... both.

Everyone talks about how Mick is so studio oriented.. why does Keith always the one who has to push or wait for the 'ok' from Mick? Keith has not been prolific in the last 20 years.. we know that.. BUT he is always the guy pushing for The Stones to get back into the studio .. Even More so than Mick.

Keith knows how to play Mick's cards and how to get him to do things nobody else can .. (always has). I'm not saying Keith is the ruler of the band anymore.. but to say he just sits around lazy and not wanting to do anything .. while Mick does all the leading and has to round up everyone to get them into the studio or to tour is nonsense ( unfounded..).

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #24 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 12:17pm
Quote:
Everyone talks about how Mick is so studio oriented

I don't think that's correct Ian. At least for the last 20 years, Mick hates the wasted time doing nothing in studios. He always wants things done efficiently and quickly. I think part of the problem since and including Dirty Work is the speed at which each wants to finish albums.

Quote:
why does Keith always the one who has to push or wait for the 'ok' from Mick? Keith has not been prolific in the last 20 years.. we know that.. BUT he is always the guy pushing for The Stones to get back into the studio .. Even More so than Mick.

Again, I don't think that's right. Keith seems to talk a lot without any concrete plans, but it is Mick who seems to be the driving force in terms of getting things together and having a plan, not to mention seemingly being the main creative force.

Quote:
Keith knows how to play Mick's cards and how to get him to do things nobody else can .. (always has).

I think that ended in the 70s. Obviously he can affect him in ways most others can't, but it looks like with Stones things, if Mick doesn't think it's right, he won't do it. I am not sure it works the other way round. There are plenty of things Keith says (i.e. Undercover would not be on 40 Licks) that Mick ignores.

Quote:
I'm not saying Keith is the ruler of the band anymore.. but to say he just sits around lazy and not wanting to do anything .. while Mick does all the leading and has to round up everyone to get them into the studio or to tour is nonsense ( unfounded..).

I don't think anyone has said that. Outside of the Stones, Keith has released 4 solo albums (Wingless Angels included) in 30+ years. Mick does a lot more outside of the band than Keith. In terms of the Stones, the bottom line seems to be that if Mick doesn't decide things, it won't get done. I remember Charlie saying as much in an interview.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)