Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian (Read 39,072 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Re: Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian
Reply #25 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The Wick wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 12:17pm:
I don't think that's correct Ian. At least for the last 20 years, Mick hates the wasted time doing nothing in studios. He always wants things done efficiently and quickly.

I meant everyone acts as if It's Mick who gets the Stones into The Studio to do something is what I meant. I think Mick agrees and Ok's it... but I think Keith is ready whenever. Seems it is more a waiting around for Mick to commit to something as far as Keith is concerned .,.that is what I meant.

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian
Reply #26 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 4:39pm
If we're gonna have a hit song we need horns, hand claps and of course falsetto with strong backing vocals.

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Buffalo,NY
Reply #27 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:20pm
[highlight]Just what I Kneed SomeGuy
[/highlight]we need horns, hand claps and of course falsetto with strong backing vocals Wink Wink  Someguy Grin Grin Grin
so sorry I'm Outta control .....~~~
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:22pm by lavendar »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #28 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:38am
Some Guy wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
If we're gonna have a hit song we need horns, hand claps and of course falsetto with strong backing vocals.

Ain't that been done already ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #29 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:40pm
Whats with the horse?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #30 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 1:51pm
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:46pm:
gimmekeef wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:33am:
Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

Sure you get there .. I was talking about the 'event horizon'  Cheesy

Anyway .. Mick Jagger has always been the leader of The Band .. technically and at other times realistically. At times... both.

Everyone talks about how Mick is so studio oriented.. why does Keith always the one who has to push or wait for the 'ok' from Mick? Keith has not been prolific in the last 20 years.. we know that.. BUT he is always the guy pushing for The Stones to get back into the studio .. Even More so than Mick.

Keith knows how to play Mick's cards and how to get him to do things nobody else can .. (always has). I'm not saying Keith is the ruler of the band anymore.. but to say he just sits around lazy and not wanting to do anything .. while Mick does all the leading and has to round up everyone to get them into the studio or to tour is nonsense ( unfounded..).

Easy to do when its Mick who's writing almost all of the songs, in fairness.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #31 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 2:00pm
stu watching how stupid we are LOL Smiley (Stu looking at how stupid we are!)
It is what it is, with a lot of Fan incentive!

They can do it ! Its their Bizzi-ness making Music. 

14Hands.com Winery

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #32 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 2:33pm
lavendar wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:40pm:
Whats with the horse?

Some Guy wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 4:39pm:

"Riding across the desert on a fine Arab charger......."

.......at least I think that's an Arabian.  really?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #33 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 3:18pm
3:33 feelin Lucky ! Cheesy

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #34 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 12:32pm
"
The Stones are working on some new stuff right now. We recorded some tracks earlier this year. We'll finish it off early next year. When it comes out is another thing of course
."

- Keith interview, conducted on 27.11.17 for the new issue of UNCUT (February 2018), out now in the UK.

(The interview was done for the 'On Air' release. Apart from tentatively discussing the possibility of UK dates next year, that was all he mentioned about the band's future plans)

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #35 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:34am
Gazza wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 1:51pm:
Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

Anyway .. Mick Jagger has always been the leader of The Band .. technically and at other times realistically. At times... both.

Everyone talks about how Mick is so studio oriented.. why does Keith always the one who has to push or wait for the 'ok' from Mick? Keith has not been prolific in the last 20 years.. we know that.. BUT he is always the guy pushing for The Stones to get back into the studio .. Even More so than Mick.

Keith knows how to play Mick's cards and how to get him to do things nobody else can .. (always has). I'm not saying Keith is the ruler of the band anymore.. but to say he just sits around lazy and not wanting to do anything .. while Mick does all the leading and has to round up everyone to get them into the studio or to tour is nonsense ( unfounded..).

Well ... according to Keith that isn't the situation he wants. If you remember he mentioned he isn't so interested in Micks songs.. and that he is interested in Mick sitting down and writing 'together'.

He claimes Micks being prolific 'don't mean shit' and that he isn't interested in playing whatever to a bunch of Micks demos. He even rejected Get a Grip & England Lost.

So according to you there are all going to be Mick songs.. but just as well .. in fairness.. we don't know that? All we know is Mick had a slew of demos.

Keith stated very very clearly he isn't interested in doing those 'solely' (I'm sure there will be some of those on the record though).

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #36 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:37am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:34am:

Well ... according to Keith that isn't the situation he wants. If you remember he mentioned he isn't so interested in Micks songs.. and that he is interested in Mick sitting down and writing 'together'.

He claimes Micks being prolific 'don't mean shit' and that he isn't interested in playing whatever to a bunch of Micks demos. He even rejected Get a Grip & England Lost.

So according to you there are all going to be Mick songs.. but just as well .. in fairness.. we don't know that? All we know is Mick had a major slew of demos he wanted / wants to work on with The Stones. Keith said he isn't so interested in those ...and that 'if Mick wants to sit down and write together' versus the demos is what he is interested in on this project. Keith claimed to only have three songs going in but claimed they were dynamite... 

Keith stated very very clearly he isn't interested in doing those Mick Jagger demos 'solely' on this record  (I'm sure there will be some of those whole songs or partial songs on the record though).

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #37 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:41am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:37am:

So according to you there are all or most going to be Mick songs.. but just as well .. in fairness.. we don't know that and Keith said he isn't interested in that as a 'whole'?

All we know is Mick had a major slew of demos he wanted / wants to work on with The Stones. Keith said he isn't so interested in those ...and that 'if Mick wants to sit down and write together' versus the demos .. is what he is interested in on this project (he stated that very clearly). Keith claimed to only have three songs going in but claimed they were dynamite... 

Keith stated very very clearly he isn't interested in doing those Mick Jagger demos 'solely' on this record  (I'm sure there will be some of those whole songs or partial songs on the record though).

You are saying Mick is writing all the songs ...Well tbh ..  thats not fair.. we have no idea what songs are there and who wrote what Lol. We don't even know anything about the material that is being kept or worked on ...

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #38 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:44am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:41am:
[quote author=07090D0D050B050506600 link=1512192371/22#22 date=1512491620]Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

So according to you there are all or most going to be Mick songs.. but just as well .. in fairness.. we don't know that and Keith said he isn't interested in that as a 'whole'?

All we know is Mick had a major slew of demos he wanted / wants to work on with The Stones. Keith said he isn't so interested in those ...and that 'if Mick wants to sit down and write together' versus the demos .. is what he is interested in on this project (he stated that very clearly). Keith claimed to only have three songs going in but claimed they were dynamite... 

You are saying Mick is writing most of the songs ...Well tbh ..  thats not fair.. because that is assuming based only on Micks side of the ence. In actuality we have no idea what songs are there for keeps and who wrote what that is to make the album thus far Lol. We don't even know anything about the material that is being kept or worked on ... Remember Keith said he isn't interested in playing along to a bunch of Micks demos.. I am sure he is writing stuff too.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #39 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:45am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:44am:
[quote author=49616E5F42696C6C656E000 link=1512192371/23#23 date=1512539200][quote author=07090D0D050B050506600 link=1512192371/22#22 date=1512491620]Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

You are saying Mick is writing most of the songs ...Well tbh ..  thats not fair.. because that is 'assuming' based only on Micks side of the fence and simply because Mick has a major load of songs he has written (However Keith may only want to keep or work on a hand full of em is my assumption.

In actuality we have no idea what songs are there for keeps and who wrote what that is to make the album thus far Lol. We don't even know anything about the material that is being kept or worked on ... Remember Keith said he isn't interested in playing along to a bunch of Micks demos.. I am sure he is writing stuff too.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #40 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:49am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:45am:
[quote author=49616E5F42696C6C656E000 link=1512192371/23#23 date=1512539200][quote author=07090D0D050B050506600 link=1512192371/22#22 date=1512491620]Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

He claimes Micks being prolific 'don't mean shit' and that he isn't interested in playing whatever to a bunch of Micks demos. He even rejected Get a Grip & England Lost. If you reads between the lines.. Keith is basically saying those demos were not that strong... He wasn't impressed (being prolific don't mean shit / I got only three and they are dynamite' ... He is essentially saying the songs Mick wrote were not that great and the three he wrote were much better .. Is easy to make that out)

You are saying Mick is writing most of the songs ...Well tbh ..  thats not fair.. because that is 'assuming' based only on Micks side of the fence and simply because Mick has a major load of songs he has written (However Keith may only want to keep or work on a hand full of em is my assumption.

In actuality we have no idea what songs are there for keeps and who wrote what that is to make the album thus far Lol. We don't even know anything about the material that is being kept or worked on ... Remember Keith said he isn't interested in playing along to a bunch of Micks demos.. I am sure he is writing stuff too.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #41 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:50am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:49am:
[quote author=674F40716C4742424B402E0 link=1512192371/35#35 date=1514475260][quote author=6442595942230 link=1512192371/30#30 date=1513453869][quote author=49616E5F42696C6C656E000 link=1512192371/23#23 date=1512539200][quote author=07090D0D050B050506600 link=1512192371/22#22 date=1512491620]Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

He claimes Micks being prolific 'don't mean shit' and that he isn't interested in playing whatever to a bunch of Micks demos. He even rejected Get a Grip & England Lost. If you reads between the lines.. Keith is basically saying those demos were not that strong... He wasn't impressed (***>> 'being prolific don't mean shit / I got only three and they are dynamite' ... He is essentially saying the songs Mick wrote were not that great and the three he wrote were much better .. '. He was not impressed with Micks material .... It is is easy to make that out.)

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #42 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:53am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:50am:
[quote author=674F40716C4742424B402E0 link=1512192371/35#35 date=1514475260][quote author=6442595942230 link=1512192371/30#30 date=1513453869][quote author=49616E5F42696C6C656E000 link=1512192371/23#23 date=1512539200][quote author=07090D0D050B050506600 link=1512192371/22#22 date=1512491620]Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

He claimes Micks being prolific 'don't mean shit' and that he isn't interested in playing whatever to a bunch of Micks demos. He even rejected Get a Grip & England Lost. If you reads between the lines.. Keith is basically saying those demos were not that strong... He wasn't impressed (***>> 'being prolific don't mean shit / I got only three and they are dynamite' ... He is essentially saying the songs Mick wrote were not that great and the three he wrote were much better .. '. He was not impressed with Micks material .... It is is easy to make that out.)

You are saying Mick is writing most of the songs ...Well tbh ..  thats not fair.. because that is 'assuming' based only on Micks side of the fence and simply because Mick has a major load of songs he has written (However Keith may only want to keep or work on a hand full of em is my assumption. Remember .. in so many words Keith noted that while Mick wrote a bunch of demos... none were that impressive to him .. He even went on to say his mere three songs were much stronger, basically ... )

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #43 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:55am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:53am:
[quote author=634B4475684346464F442A0 link=1512192371/37#37 date=1514475665][quote author=1B333C0D103B3E3E373C520 link=1512192371/36#36 date=1514475478][quote author=674F40716C4742424B402E0 link=1512192371/35#35 date=1514475260][quote author=6442595942230 link=1512192371/30#30 date=1513453869][quote author=49616E5F42696C6C656E000 link=1512192371/23#23 date=1512539200][quote author=07090D0D050B050506600 link=1512192371/22#22 date=1512491620]Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

You are saying Mick is writing most of the songs ...Well tbh ..  thats not fair.. because that is 'assuming' based only on Micks side of the fence and simply because Mick has a major load of songs he has written (However Keith may only want to keep or work on a hand full of em is my assumption. Remember .. in so many words Keith noted that while Mick wrote a bunch of demos... none were that impressive to him .. He even went on to say his mere three songs were much stronger, basically ...  From those remarks and by Keith rejecting songs in which Mick had to put out himself leads me to believe that while Mick has / had a bunch of songs he wanted to work on with the Stones... Keith wasn't so impressed and wasn't interested in them). Still I am sure some of those will make it to the album (just being real).

Here is the chain of events thus far.

>>Mick has a load of songs (prolly at least 40) and he wants to use / work on em for the Stones. Don Was says there are a major slew of em and the run the gambit.

>>Keith basically says that while there are a ton Micks been writing that he isn't impressed and states hes specifically interested in 'sitting down writing together'.

>>Keith rejects two of the songs and Mick puts them out on his own (as well to test the market... they both fail for the most part).

>>Mick claims hes still writing and Keith says the continuing interest with him to to slowly make it work together.

That is where we are at and that is what we know for sure.

« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2017 at 10:06am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #44 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:02am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:55am:
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:53am:
[quote author=0D252A1B062D2828212A440 link=1512192371/38#38 date=1514475857][quote author=634B4475684346464F442A0 link=1512192371/37#37 date=1514475665][quote author=1B333C0D103B3E3E373C520 link=1512192371/36#36 date=1514475478][quote author=674F40716C4742424B402E0 link=1512192371/35#35 date=1514475260][quote author=6442595942230 link=1512192371/30#30 date=1513453869][quote author=49616E5F42696C6C656E000 link=1512192371/23#23 date=1512539200][quote author=07090D0D050B050506600 link=1512192371/22#22 date=1512491620]Ian..one thing about the horizon...you never really get there....as far as Mick no doubt he has been the leader and without his band I doubt he continues to be in the limelight and "younger chick worthy".....

You are saying Mick is writing most of the songs ...Well tbh ..  thats not fair.. because that is 'assuming' based only on Micks side of the fence and simply because Mick has a major load of songs he has written (However Keith may only want to keep or work on a hand full of em is my assumption. Remember .. in so many words Keith noted that while Mick wrote a bunch of demos... none were that impressive to him .. He even went on to say his mere three songs were much stronger, basically ...  From those remarks and by Keith rejecting songs in which Mick had to put out himself leads me to believe that while Mick has / had a bunch of songs he wanted to work on with the Stones... Keith wasn't so impressed and wasn't interested in them). Still I am sure some of those will make it to the album (just being real).

Here is the chain of events thus far.

>>Mick has a load of songs (prolly at least 40) and he wants to use / work on em for the Stones. Don Was says there are a major slew of em and the run the gambit.

>>Keith basically says that while there are a ton Micks been writing that he isn't impressed and states hes specifically interested in 'sitting down writing together'.

>>Keith rejects two of the songs and Mick puts them out on his own (as well to test the market... they both fail for the most part).

>>Mick claims hes still writing and wants Keith to hear em to get his opinion (gotta admit.. he keeps writing.. Not sure how strong the stuff is .. but he is / has definitely been-a-writing ... ).

>>Keith says the continuing interest with him to to slowly make it work together.

That is where we are at and that is what we know for sure.

« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:03am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #45 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:43pm
C'mon dudes get it together!

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #46 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:07pm
Haha, good grief. Someone get Ian an editor.

Oh no! not you again Oh no! not you again Oh no! not you again

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #47 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:18pm
When did Ian start to stutter?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #48 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:43pm

I must be 'manic'. My bad... well not really ..because all I did was 'modify' ...as I was supposed to.

Wish I could delete all of em except the last.

My sincere apologies ... Isn't like me to foul up in this vane ... Still I think the message board SMS or the server / back-end may need a patch or updated ... All I did was choose to <modify> .. not re-post.

Ian

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Reply #49 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 8:18am
Ian Billen wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:43pm:
I must be 'manic'. My bad... well not really ..because all I did was 'modify' ...as I was supposed to.

Wish I could delete all of em except the last.

My sincere apologies ... Isn't like me to foul up in this vane ... Still I think the message board SMS or the server / back-end may need a patch or updated ... All I did was choose to <modify> .. not re-post.

Ian

It’s all good, Ian - you accepted complete and total responsibility, blamed no one else, and are forgiven.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)