Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian (Read 39,088 times)
WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian
Reply #150 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:25am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Is it trou(sers] or something else entirely/additionally that they're singing to?
Is it Margaret Tru' (Mag The Wag) or just Just Tru'?

Gawd knows,but it could be well lovely.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Keith's currently in the studio, Brand New Stones album on the horizon ... from Ian
Reply #151 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:22am
It seems the lead singer was photographed in LA with good song hair.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #152 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:27am
Some Guy wrote on Feb 9th, 2019 at 6:21pm:
My source just informed me that Tell The Truth has a killer riff.

Hope its as good as this one

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #153 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:30am
Gazza wrote on Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:27am:
Some Guy wrote on Feb 9th, 2019 at 6:21pm:
My source just informed me that Tell The Truth has a killer riff.

Hope its as good as this one

LOL....We can only hope its half as good!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #154 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 10:20pm
Gazza wrote on Feb 8th, 2019 at 11:49am:
Ian Billen wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 10:28am:
Gazza wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 8:50am:
Sounds like him although I think hes on record as saying sometimes Mick sings harmony in a similar style at times.

Best example I can think of in which you hear him (Mick) clearly doing what you described is 'The Worst'.

Ian

Good shout

That's very country, isn't it? Keith sings so pretty on that. I do his backgrounds, and it sounds so Okie. When I listened back to it, I said, Is that really me singing? It's really strange

- Mick Jagger, 1994

(from www.timeisonourside.com )

Yezzzzz Mr. Gazz. I remember Mick saying how he attempted to sort of sing in the same vane as Keith on that song in another interview... and yezzz he certainly did. It worked though .. is a great number.

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #155 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 10:23pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 6th, 2019 at 10:23am:
what now?

More waiting .. ( ... :/ ... ha)

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #156 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:17pm
Ian Billen wrote on Feb 12th, 2019 at 10:20pm:
Gazza wrote on Feb 8th, 2019 at 11:49am:
Ian Billen wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 10:28am:
Gazza wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 8:50am:
Sounds like him although I think hes on record as saying sometimes Mick sings harmony in a similar style at times.

Best example I can think of in which you hear him (Mick) clearly doing what you described is 'The Worst'.

Ian

Good shout

That's very country, isn't it? Keith sings so pretty on that. I do his backgrounds, and it sounds so Okie. When I listened back to it, I said, Is that really me singing? It's really strange

- Mick Jagger, 1994

(from www.timeisonourside.com )

Yezzzzz Mr. Gazz. I remember Mick saying how he attempted to sort of sing in the same vane as Keith on that song in another interview... and yezzz he certainly did. It worked though .. is a great number. 

The most recent version of this that I can think of is Plundered My Soul where Mick overtly appears to try to sound like Keith. I would be shocked on this most recent clip though if it wasn't Bernard Fowler.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #157 - Feb 17th, 2019 at 11:18pm
'SEX ADDICT THERAPY GROUP' FOR JAGGER

By Dr. Beatrice Woman  June 31, 2019

According to some anonymous sources, british singer Sir Mick Jagger, legendary member of the Rolling Stones band, recently inducted himself into a 'sex addict therapy group.'

An ex-worker pointed: "He needs to concentrate on his musical output." A co-worker of the performer explained that "perhaps he needs more space. Or hang some more with Baby Face." Award Grammy winner Jagger, 75 years of age, denied thie allegations, but was positive enough that there will be a new Rolling Stones album, sometime. Keith Richards was smoking, and said something about liquor consumption being nice.

“It is a known phenomenon,” said Dr. Woman. “In the U.K., there is an active shift going on. Fortunately thanks to sexual policy and public-health awareness, the incidence rate for the classical pregnancies caused by intercouse is declining. But unfortunately, the rate is still going up and it’s because of the individuals involved.”

The remaining Rolling Stones members declined to comment.

(drwoman.co.uk.)

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #158 - Feb 18th, 2019 at 12:19am
The Sex Dri' is it? Horny as a hog with toasted crumpet morning noon and night?

Meanwhile, any Stones tunes would be just splendid.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #159 - Feb 18th, 2019 at 10:39am
MrPleasant wrote on Feb 17th, 2019 at 11:18pm:
'SEX ADDICT THERAPY GROUP' FOR JAGGER

By Dr. Beatrice Woman  June 31, 2019

According to some anonymous sources, british singer Sir Mick Jagger, legendary member of the Rolling Stones band, recently inducted himself into a 'sex addict therapy group.'

An ex-worker pointed: "He needs to concentrate on his musical output." A co-worker of the performer explained that "perhaps he needs more space. Or hang some more with Baby Face." Award Grammy winner Jagger, 75 years of age, denied thie allegations, but was positive enough that there will be a new Rolling Stones album, sometime. Keith Richards was smoking, and said something about liquor consumption being nice.

“It is a known phenomenon,” said Dr. Woman. “In the U.K., there is an active shift going on. Fortunately thanks to sexual policy and public-health awareness, the incidence rate for the classical pregnancies caused by intercouse is declining. But unfortunately, the rate is still going up and it’s because of the individuals involved.”

The remaining Rolling Stones members declined to comment.

(drwoman.co.uk.)

LOL I miss the drinken threads here

Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #160 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 9:30am
I think now we have a better chance of waiting on a new Black Crowes album.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #161 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 1:24pm
Isn't it time for Blue and Lonesome remastered?

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #162 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 9:59pm
If the next 'bum/CD/downloa' started with the energy of a Rip This Joint it would be all plain-sailing thereafter, surely, with a variety of moo's and to that extent - and much more - quite Sum Girlean.

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2019 at 10:00pm by WaiteringOnAFiend »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #163 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 10:59am
They are just about to snap over at iorr. Shocked

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #164 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 9:09am
Some Guy wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 10:59am:
They are just about to snap over at iorr. Shocked

IORR is the Indian Girl of boards...……..

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #165 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 9:21am
I was drinking a few beers and such last night abou half cocked. I said Alexa play the new Stones song- This killer riff came on with Mick and Keith harmonizing together for about ten seconds then it abruptly cut off. I peed myself! It was amazing! I tried to get Alexa to play it again but it didn't work. Wow! Smiley

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #166 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 3:18pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 9:21am:
I was drinking a few beers and such last night abou half cocked. I said Alexa play the new Stones song- This killer riff came on with Mick and Keith harmonizing together for about ten seconds then it abruptly cut off. I peed myself! It was amazing! I tried to get Alexa to play it again but it didn't work. Wow! Smiley

Meet Alexa:  That was clever

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #167 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 8:43am
We predict they open with a new song.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #168 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 8:14am
Fuck it- go ahead and merge this with the Joey Thread.

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #169 - May 22nd, 2019 at 1:07pm
Rolling Stones back in the studio working on new album

By Celebretainment May 22, 2019 Updated 7 hrs ago 

The Rolling Stones are back in the studio working on their new album.

The iconic rock band were forced to postpone their North American and Canadian 'No Filter Tour' shows in April, while frontman Sir Mick Jagger underwent heart valve replacement surgery.

Now the 75-year-old singer is back to good health and the 17 concerts have been rescheduled for this summer, the 'Start Me Up' hitmakers - completed by Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts - are pressing on with work on their first record of new material since 2005's 'A Bigger Bang', which they started work on last year, as he's keen to "make up for lost time".

A spokesperson for the band told the Daily Star newspaper: "The album is moving ahead but no release date as yet.

"Mick is keen to make up for lost time.

"This album has been spoken about for a long time, so now they are keen to get it out as soon as possible."

The tabloid also reported that the record could be released at the latter end of 2019, which echoes what guitarist Keith said previously.

Asked if he knows when the record will be released last November, he replied: "Oh man, no. Like I say, early stages. I would say if I'm looking at it, we're going to do this tour, so maybe this time next year, I would say. Maybe. That looks like a reasonable projection."

Meanwhile, Mick recently delighted fans when he shared a video of himself dancing after recovering from his operation.

The band's new shows will kick off with two nights in Chicago on June 21 and June 25, before onto Ontario, Canada and rolling on through with dates in Washington DC, Foxboro, East Rutherford, Philadelphia, Houston and Jacksonville.

The Stones also added a new show in New Orleans, and will the continue to Denver, Seattle, Santa Clara, Pasadena and Glendale before rounding up in Miami on August 31.

Mick's representative previously confirmed he was "expected to make a full recovery" following his surgery.

A statement read: "Mick Jagger has successfully undergone treatment. "He is doing very well and is expected to make a full recovery."

This article originally ran on celebretainment.com.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #170 - May 23rd, 2019 at 7:22am
moy wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 1:07pm:
Rolling Stones back in the studio working on new album

By Celebretainment May 22, 2019 Updated 7 hrs ago 

The Rolling Stones are back in the studio working on their new album.

The iconic rock band were forced to postpone their North American and Canadian 'No Filter Tour' shows in April, while frontman Sir Mick Jagger underwent heart valve replacement surgery.

Now the 75-year-old singer is back to good health and the 17 concerts have been rescheduled for this summer, the 'Start Me Up' hitmakers - completed by Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts - are pressing on with work on their first record of new material since 2005's 'A Bigger Bang', which they started work on last year, as he's keen to "make up for lost time".

A spokesperson for the band told the Daily Star newspaper: "The album is moving ahead but no release date as yet.

"Mick is keen to make up for lost time.

"This album has been spoken about for a long time, so now they are keen to get it out as soon as possible."

The tabloid also reported that the record could be released at the latter end of 2019, which echoes what guitarist Keith said previously.

Asked if he knows when the record will be released last November, he replied: "Oh man, no. Like I say, early stages. I would say if I'm looking at it, we're going to do this tour, so maybe this time next year, I would say. Maybe. That looks like a reasonable projection."

Meanwhile, Mick recently delighted fans when he shared a video of himself dancing after recovering from his operation.

The band's new shows will kick off with two nights in Chicago on June 21 and June 25, before onto Ontario, Canada and rolling on through with dates in Washington DC, Foxboro, East Rutherford, Philadelphia, Houston and Jacksonville.

The Stones also added a new show in New Orleans, and will the continue to Denver, Seattle, Santa Clara, Pasadena and Glendale before rounding up in Miami on August 31.

Mick's representative previously confirmed he was "expected to make a full recovery" following his surgery.

A statement read: "Mick Jagger has successfully undergone treatment. "He is doing very well and is expected to make a full recovery."

This article originally ran on celebretainment.com.

This is old news, right?

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #171 - May 28th, 2019 at 12:20pm

Mr. Some Guy!!! Wazzzzup (long time no see).

Well .. this may appear like old news but it is current. However several sources cited The Daily Star as being the reporting agency and it appears it is not there on their website after all?

Ron wood is reported to be doing overdubs in London as of a few days ago and Keith a few weeks ago with overdubs in NYC.

One of these years we may ever get a release time frame from them? Bahahaha

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #172 - May 28th, 2019 at 2:47pm
Thanks Ian.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #173 - May 29th, 2019 at 4:27pm
Ian Billen wrote on May 28th, 2019 at 12:20pm:
Ron wood is reported to be doing overdubs in London as of a few days ago and Keith a few weeks ago with overdubs in NYC.

One of these years we may ever get a release time frame from them? Bahahaha

Or even get them recording in the same continent as each other, never mind the same room.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)