Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Going to Arnhem , Holland tomorrow....Please vote for Rocks Off!! (Read 929 times)
DiamondsDisease
Rocks Off Regular

I accept you, as I am.

Holland
Going to Arnhem , Holland tomorrow....Please vote for Rocks Off!!
Oct 14th, 2017 at 8:33am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Hi Guys. I rarely don’t post on here. I love this site, and love to watch to read all your reactions out here for many many years.
I just don’t like posting. But today I have to. I have been to Amsterdam 2 weeks ago. It’s been 10 years since I have seen them ever since. And they were so much better now. The band was rocking, and the audiance was amazing as well. A lot of younger people out there , who were having a great time. I’m 45 and tomorrow I’m going with my 16 year old daughter who has never seen them. When she was young I “pushed” her to listen to the Stones. And now she begged me to take her to the concert with me. I must have done something good right? Lol. She “forces” me to listen to 21 pilots now though. And you know what? I like it! Anyway, tomorrow is going to be a special moment for me. So please vote for “Rocks Off” . To make this moment even more special. Thank you! If you do, I promise I won’t be so silent anymore and put a review on here. Thanks again. And please keep posting!

I don't like openings, unless shaved well.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Going to Arnhem , Holland tomorrow....Please vote for Rocks Off!!
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 10:14am
DiamondsDisease wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 8:33am:
I’m going with my 16 year old daughter who has never seen them. When she was young I “pushed” her to listen to the Stones. And now she begged me to take her to the concert with me. I must have done something good right?

Good for you and your daughter! Rock out!  That was clever

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity
Unholy Trinity Admin

ROCKS OFF RULES

Belfast/Santander/Mexico City
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 10:17am
Already did it!

Hope you get your rocks off there too

The Administrators' account
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 4:17pm

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 9:30pm
Have fun at the show in Holland!

IP Logged

DiamondsDisease
Rocks Off Regular

I accept you, as I am.

Holland
Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 3:39pm
Thanks for voting guys! Unfortunately “Rocks Off” didn’t make it. But I couldn’t care less. “She’s so Cold” isn’t my favourite Stones song, but last sunday for a while it was. Two weeks ago I had the greatest time in Amsterdam (“Shine a Light” was amazing) but Arnhem was even better. There was something really special about this show. Yes mistakes have been maken, especially by Keith. But it didn’t matter. I have seen them 15 times now. But last sunday it felt like they were doing some kind of a rehearsal show, in front of 33000 people. How cool is that?! I heared a lot of improvisation during intro’s of songs. The band was so loose. And it seemed they really were enjoying themselves by playing so loose. Charlie was smiling during the whole show. Mick and Keith were smiling a lot to eachother. And Ronnie, well he is just Ronnie and it seems he still can’t believe he is in the greatest garage band in the world! And yes Mick doesn’t run anymore, but I’m so glad he doesn’t. Normally he saves the high notes on songs because he always want to be physical. Don’t mind me, he is still very very physical, but it seems this tour he also focus himself more on singing. I was amazed by his voice, more powerfull then ever and he really hits every high notes. In the past he sounded more flat. I was truly amazed by his singing this time! The same goes for Keith. This version of “Slipping Away” just give you the goosebumbs. You really understand what he is singing about this time..Getting older.....(“Everytime I draw a breath,It’s dying away”). Actually it got me very emotional hearing it. Because during the song it did remind me...One day they won’t be around anymore. But when you see that big smile towards the audiance at the end of the song, you just think by yourself. What a cool freaking way to get old. They really seem to love Holland. Mick did speak a lot of Dutch he even mentioned “een brug te ver= a bridge too far” (we finally been saved by the Germans during that battle during WWII). What a diffence by other so called rockbands who don’t even know if they are playing in Paris or Amsterdam. Deep respect! But the biggest higlight of me that every now and then I looked at my daughter she was dancing and clapping all the time. At the end of the show I asked her, just “Well?” And the answer was “They are so much better then on Spotify!” And I think she hit the nail. Many times I just wished they didn’t do the warhorses anymore. Many times I wished for songs like “Heaven, “Let it Loose”, “Time Waits For No One”. But this time I couldn’t care less. It was so great to see them entertaining themselves and the audiance. We are just very lucky to see this band going on and on. They truly are the greatest garage band in the world. And they are the only band who can do it in front of 2000 people as in front of 1000000 people. Next time I hope to see them with my grandchildren  Smiley

I don't like openings, unless shaved well.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 9:39pm
DiamondsDisease wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 3:39pm:
Thanks for voting guys! Unfortunately “Rocks Off” didn’t make it. But I couldn’t care less. “She’s so Cold” isn’t my favourite Stones song, but last sunday for a while it was. Two weeks ago I had the greatest time in Amsterdam (“Shine a Light” was amazing) but Arnhem was even better. There was something really special about this show. Yes mistakes have been maken, especially by Keith. But it didn’t matter. I have seen them 15 times now. But last sunday it felt like they were doing some kind of a rehearsal show, in front of 33000 people. How cool is that?! I heared a lot of improvisation during intro’s of songs. The band was so loose. And it seemed they really were enjoying themselves by playing so loose. Charlie was smiling during the whole show. Mick and Keith were smiling a lot to eachother. And Ronnie, well he is just Ronnie and it seems he still can’t believe he is in the greatest garage band in the world! And yes Mick doesn’t run anymore, but I’m so glad he doesn’t. Normally he saves the high notes on songs because he always want to be physical. Don’t mind me, he is still very very physical, but it seems this tour he also focus himself more on singing. I was amazed by his voice, more powerfull then ever and he really hits every high notes. In the past he sounded more flat. I was truly amazed by his singing this time! The same goes for Keith. This version of “Slipping Away” just give you the goosebumbs. You really understand what he is singing about this time..Getting older.....(“Everytime I draw a breath,It’s dying away”). Actually it got me very emotional hearing it. Because during the song it did remind me...One day they won’t be around anymore. But when you see that big smile towards the audiance at the end of the song, you just think by yourself. What a cool freaking way to get old. They really seem to love Holland. Mick did speak a lot of Dutch he even mentioned “een brug te ver= a bridge too far” (we finally been saved by the Germans during that battle during WWII). What a diffence by other so called rockbands who don’t even know if they are playing in Paris or Amsterdam. Deep respect! But the biggest higlight of me that every now and then I looked at my daughter she was dancing and clapping all the time. At the end of the show I asked her, just “Well?” And the answer was “They are so much better then on Spotify!” And I think she hit the nail. Many times I just wished they didn’t do the warhorses anymore. Many times I wished for songs like “Heaven, “Let it Loose”, “Time Waits For No One”. But this time I couldn’t care less. It was so great to see them entertaining themselves and the audiance. We are just very lucky to see this band going on and on. They truly are the greatest garage band in the world. And they are the only band who can do it in front of 2000 people as in front of 1000000 people. Next time I hope to see them with my grandchildren  Smiley

thanks for the review and glad you had a rockin time. doin it for the kids!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)