Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Who do you prefer, Lisa or Sasha?

« Last Modified by: Unholy Trinity on: Oct 13th, 2017 at 9:42pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who do you prefer, Lisa or Sasha? (Read 5,355 times)
Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Who do you prefer, Lisa or Sasha?
Oct 13th, 2017 at 9:06pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I think the answer is obvious, but lets just put it out there.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Re: Who do you prefer, Lisa or Sasha?
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 7:00am
Cindy Mizelle (1989 tour) would have been a great choice.  Saw her two years ago with Steely Dan and thanks to a soundman friend was introduced before the show - looks and talent.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2017 at 7:02am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 9:26am
Lisa...and not just because she it the"GIMME SHELTER" girl...I saw her w/ Nine Inch Nails a few years back on the Hesitation Marks tour and...well...she proved herself to be not only versatile singer, but one with stage presence as well...something that is NOT always an asset for backup...

Jagger's ego needs a young and slim singer as so not to contrast against his girly/stick figure...

The first time Sasha came out, it was said to be because Lisa had commitments of her own, which was true...but she never came back...makes one think...hmmmmmm? I dont troll on her feeds or news portals...so maybe she does have something going on I am not aware of...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 10:22am
I've always liked this sound better:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 11:17am
I prefer Merry

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 11:20am
Yup..Merry for sure.....the original pregnant Gimme Shelter gal!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #6 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 4:27pm
Merry Clayton soars... no contest. 

Wonder why she never had solo success?  Lisa is cool, but her screaming in Gimme Shelter cannot compare with Merry's soaring.   Merry's GS vocals are apocalyptic.

Who is Sasha?

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #7 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Sasha is the "new girl"

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 1:39am
Merry Clayton never toured with the Stones as far as I know, therefore, it's not really a comparison. I have no idea if this is true, but the Stones do have a history of not forgiving people who don't put them first. I just wonder if after she was unavailable for one tour, they didn't invite her back. It is an odd one after all these years.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 7:24am
The Wick wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 1:39am:
Merry Clayton never toured with the Stones as far as I know, therefore, it's not really a comparison. I have no idea if this is true, but the Stones do have a history of not forgiving people who don't put them first. I just wonder if after she was unavailable for one tour, they didn't invite her back. It is an odd one after all these years.

There's no question of 'unavailability' or turning anyone down. Merry sang on one session which lasted a day or two in October 1969. The Stones never hired backing singers for a concert tour until 1989.

Lisa actually missed the European tour in 1990 - she and Cindy Mizelle had done the American and Japanese legs but were replaced by Lorelei McBroom and Sophia Jones for the Euro dates.

Since then, the Stones have only used one female backing singer.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2017 at 6:44pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #10 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 7:29am
Paranoid Android wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 9:26am:
Lisa...and not just because she it the"GIMME SHELTER" girl...I saw her w/ Nine Inch Nails a few years back on the Hesitation Marks tour and...well...she proved herself to be not only versatile singer, but one with stage presence as well...something that is NOT always an asset for backup...

Jagger's ego needs a young and slim singer as so not to contrast against his girly/stick figure...

The first time Sasha came out, it was said to be because Lisa had commitments of her own, which was true...but she never came back...makes one think...hmmmmmm? I dont troll on her feeds or news portals...so maybe she does have something going on I am not aware of...

I do think the age aspect is probably a factor for the reasons you've stated.

But prior to her leaving, Lisa had been postponing her own solo schedules for a year or two to accommodate changes in the Stones' plans.  That must be pretty frustrating.  While the Stones tours were a good meal ticket for her, it could well be that she felt that she didnt want to simply be a backing singer forever and that with the Stones touring days being somewhat numbered it was a case of now or never regarding her solo career.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #11 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 8:09am
Gazza wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 7:24am:
Merry sang on one session which lasted a day or two in October 1969.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #12 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 10:29am
I have Lisa's solo cd...the one from long ago and far away.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 8:31pm
Gazza wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 7:24am:
[quote author=556B6169020 link=1507946798/8#8 date=1508049546]
There's no question of 'unavailability' or turning anyone down. Merry sang on one session which lasted a day or two in October 1969. The Stones never hired backing singers for a concert tour until 1989.

Lisa actually missed the European tour in 1990 - she and Cindy Mizelle had done the American and Japanese legs but were replaced by Lorelei McBroom and Sophia Jones for the Euro dates.

Since then, the Stones have only used one female backing singer.

Sorry, Gazza didn't quite understand what you meant about the turning down and unavailability.

I had forgotten about Urban Jungle and Lisa not being there. I just assumed, at the time, that they wanted to go for something different.

There is a part of me that wonders whether they want a more youthful looking female singer considering that she is the only female on stage with them.

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 4:57pm

Perverted Charlie

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #15 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 6:50pm
Sasha The Slasher shows Keith the love, and vice-versa.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 8:05pm
Reading this thread... Wow. Are the guys really such assholes?  I can't help but wonder if all that could be true.

They want everyone to put them first? She's a backup singer. Why should she put the Stones over her solo carerr when she's not even a full member of the band?

And Mick only wants hot, younger singers? Really? If so, his egotism has reached delusional levels. Sure, he's still good-looking for 74 and enviably fit, but he does have a lot of wrinkles and it looks like his ass flew south for the winter one year and didn't come back. Surrounding himself with such young women only emphasizes his age. Surely he's aware of this.

I'm aware that becoming rock legends at such young ages no doubt affected the guys and their egos but still, it sometimes people always ascribe a nasty egomania to their motives. Again, are they really such complete assholes?

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #17 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 6:08am
Freya Gin wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
Reading this thread... Wow. Are the guys really such assholes?  I can't help but wonder if all that could be true.

They want everyone to put them first? She's a backup singer. Why should she put the Stones over her solo carerr when she's not even a full member of the band?

And Mick only wants hot, younger singers? Really? If so, his egotism has reached delusional levels. Sure, he's still good-looking for 74 and enviably fit, but he does have a lot of wrinkles and it looks like his ass flew south for the winter one year and didn't come back. Surrounding himself with such young women only emphasizes his age. Surely he's aware of this.

I'm aware that becoming rock legends at such young ages no doubt affected the guys and their egos but still, it sometimes people always ascribe a nasty egomania to their motives. Again, are they really such complete assholes?

Are they really assholes? Methinks probably not.

Some "fans" don't realize the business aspect of what Mick, et al do to keep their thing going.
Hired hands need to be dedicated to this business as any employee of another profession would be.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #18 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 9:35am
Whom do you prefer: Darryl or Fleabit?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #19 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 3:19pm
Starbuck wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 9:35am:
Whom do you prefer: Darryl or Fleabit?

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #20 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 3:37pm
taking a knee.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #21 - Oct 28th, 2017 at 10:36pm
Some Guy wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 3:37pm:
taking a knee.

Oh no! not you again
Lisa.............It's not like you just plug in any black woman to sing backup vocals and that's fine. Lisa is actually super talented and brings a lot to her performance.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)