Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stadtpark Festwiese, Hamburg 9th September 2017 - Soundchecks, Setlist, Reviews & Photos (Read 16,671 times)
Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Re: Stadtpark Festwiese, Hamburg 9th September 2017 - Soundchecks, Setlist, Reviews & Photos
Reply #50 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 12:24pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Bernard has been with the band for 27 years. Sasha replaced Lisa. Karl replaced Bobby Keys.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Stadtpark Festwiese, Hamburg 9th September 2017 - Soundchecks, Setlist, Reviews & Photos
Reply #51 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 2:53pm
Bobby Keys can never be replaced IMO. Karl is good but...

Sasha cant tie Lisa's shoes.  She tries but....

Bernard rightfully deserves to stay and he's young so...

GREAT SETLIST & SYMPATHY OPENING! Yeah this is exciting! 

IP Logged

Tumbling Dijs
Rocks Off Regular

The Stones in a club is
still the ultimate rush.

Reply #52 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:42pm
If they keep playing more new songs, (from their last album and from another album yet to come) I might even buy tickets for a new tour in let's say 2019. Very very refreshing, those new songs. My last concert was the Voodoo Lounge Tour, and although I'll always love the Stones, it's getting really boring to me. I say, back to the blues, incl. the early sixties blues tracks. God I would love that!

IP Logged

Tumbling Dijs
Rocks Off Regular

The Stones in a club is
still the ultimate rush.

Reply #53 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:17pm
Tumbling Dijs wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 3:42pm:
If they keep playing more new songs, (from their last album and from another album yet to come) I might even buy tickets for a new tour in let's say 2019. Very very refreshing, those new songs. My last concert was the Voodoo Lounge Tour, and although I'll always love the Stones, it's getting really boring to me. I say, back to the blues, incl. the early sixties blues tracks. God I would love that!

I want to add that they played very good, seeing all those youtube clips. They sound like a guitar band again.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #54 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:18pm
NWLouisianaRSFan wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 6:05am:
Hi Rocks Off Board, my name is John, and I am from Bossier City, Louisiana, USA...I'm new to the board. My best chance of seeing the Stones would be in New Orleans, where I have family. While Dallas, TX is closer to me, it would cost a lot more.

Someone did post a truncated version of last night's Hamburg show on YouTube. It is only 14 songs. Would I be allowed to post the YouTube link to a closer-to-full (or full) concert here without aggravating the mods, guys? I just don't want to get thrown off right after I got on.

Go for it, mate. And welcome to Rocks Off

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #55 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:56pm

You can still get tickets for No Filter! Go for it, because even if they play the same old songs, those are some of THE BEST songs ever written! So its a win-win. Plus you never know when the opportunity will come knocking again. If you are able to go, you should go.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #56 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:00pm
NWLouisianaRSFan wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 6:05am:
Hi Rocks Off Board, my name is John, and I am from Bossier City, Louisiana, USA...I'm new to the board. My best chance of seeing the Stones would be in New Orleans, where I have family. While Dallas, TX is closer to me, it would cost a lot more.

Someone did post a truncated version of last night's Hamburg show on YouTube. It is only 14 songs. Would I be allowed to post the YouTube link to a closer-to-full (or full) concert here without aggravating the mods, guys? I just don't want to get thrown off right after I got on.

Hi and welcome to RO. I was able to piece together the show just by looking at YouTube videos. If you have a link to the whole show, go ahead and post it! RO is not as strict as some of the other RS boards. Or they will let you know.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #57 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:18pm
I was away this weekend...missed most of the hoopla...what was the song vote selection?
I saw that UMT "won"...thought it was practiced at the sound check...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #58 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 7:47pm
Some Guy wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:01am:
Are we stripped down?

Don't think I'd want to see that.  Blank Frigging Stare

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #59 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 11:26pm
Keith sounded a little dodgy, especially on Sympathy but Ronnie sounded great. I wish they would add the slide on Dancing with Mr. D that is on the record, especially when they have one of the best slide players in the world in Ronnie. Still, a better setlist than they have had in a long time.

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #60 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 11:27pm
A particularly focused and poignant performance of 'Slipping Away', surely?

A couple of the tunes were poss just a smidgeon too slow?

Rough & ready-ish (in the nicest possible sense). None filthier.

The screens are possibly very slightly too thin?

The 90 second outro to 'Und'r My Thumb' was exquisite, surely?

In the Stones t-shirt, Jagger looked especially 1972-ish youthful?

Ronald has his trousers on.

Could they percolate a few new ditties during their off-hours?

Happy days.

« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:24am by WaiteringOnAFiend »  

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #61 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:21am
Steel Wheels wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 12:24pm:
Bernard has been with the band for 27 years. Sasha replaced Lisa. Karl replaced Bobby Keys.

Sasha seems to have matured a bit since 2015, based on the YouTube clips.  Wasn't sure she'd be back.

I met Cindy Mizelle (1989 Steel Wheels tour) backstage at Erie, PA, when she was supporting Steely Dan in summer 2015.  Still tall, lovely and a great singer.  I mentioned that I'd sat at her side of the stage in Toronto, 1989. She gave a gasp and said, "That was such a great, great time for me!"  A lot passed across her face at that moment.  I had a thousand questions, but because I'd fallen in love on the spot, I said, "I don't want to hold you up - have a good show."  I was afraid I'd start babbling like a fanboy, and for a worldly seducer such as myself this would be unpardonable.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:47am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #62 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 6:09am
Matt Clifford is onstage as well.

Bobby Keys...for all the love fans showed him after he passed, most people left for the bathrooms when his tour de force song was played - Miss You.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Tumbling Dijs
Rocks Off Regular

The Stones in a club is
still the ultimate rush.

Reply #63 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:24pm
Bitch wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 4:56pm:

You can still get tickets for No Filter! Go for it, because even if they play the same old songs, those are some of THE BEST songs ever written! So its a win-win. Plus you never know when the opportunity will come knocking again. If you are able to go, you should go.

You're absolutely right, but even the best music becomes boring if you heard it a Thousand times, and that goes for all music, even for Gimme Shelter, one of the greatest songs ever written. That's why it's so important for the Stones to make new music now and then, especially if they want to keep going and see where this ends, as Keith always says. I sometimes skip the Stones playlist for half a year or so. Very refreshing.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #64 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 9:49am
I'm hoping the playing gets better, as it's a little weak and slow.  In 2015 they were hot from the first show on.  I know, I know - two years older.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #65 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 5:34pm
Sorry if already posted...here is the full show

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #66 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 11:03pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #67 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 5:44am
mojoman wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 11:03pm:

Perhaps this should be included in the political thread.  Oh no! not you again

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)