Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Ronnie Wood : Artist" new book published 21st August (Read 1,283 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
"Ronnie Wood : Artist" new book published 21st August
Jul 24th, 2017 at 2:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Ronnie Wood releases a new book showcasing his art on 21st August. Titled simply "Ronnie Wood : Artist", the 272-page hardback is published by Thames & Hudson and includes an 'outro' by Keith Richards.

Its now available for pre-order on Amazon

Prices are £24.95/US $36.28/€29.36. There's also a limited 'Collector's Edition' which retails for around ten times the price of the regular version.

Here's the blurb from amazon :

Ronnie Wood is one of the foremost rock guitarists in the world, but his artistic talents extend beyond music. Throughout his stellar musical career from The Birds to the Faces and the Rolling Stones, Ronnie has never lost his passion for painting, drawing and sculpture. Exuding the same irrepressible energy as Ronnie himself, Ronnie Wood: Artist is the first ever comprehensive collection of his paintings and other artworks, created to mark the occasion of his seventieth birthday.

The bright, bold volume brings together the fruits of a lifetime in the arts, brimming with six decades of memorable and diverse work, from his art college portfolio (he studied alongside Pete Townshend) to the intimate work of his personal life today. Inside, a generous selection of his Stones work, including rare watercolours of Mick, Keith and Charlie backstage, meets acrylics of contemporaries Rod Stewart, Jeff Beck and Keith Moon. Portraits of formative jazz innovators Count Basie, Miles Davis and Billie Holiday sit alongside blues heroes Howlin’ Wolf, Muddy Waters and Big Bill Broonzy. Paintings of Hollywood’s elite – Paul Newman, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe – juxtapose real-time fashion sketches of Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell and deft pastel compositions from his residency at the Royal Ballet.

The artist himself provides the captions and insights into the thought and motivation behind each piece. With an introduction by Emmanuel Guigon (director of the Museu Picasso, Barcelona, where Ronnie will be beginning a residency in 2018) and an afterword by none other than Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood: Artist exists where fine art and rock ’n’ roll collide.

This extensive and eclectic collection offers unique insights into the entire world of Ronnie Wood, and, with close to 400 works, is a fitting testament to the artistic range and ambition of rock ’n’ roll’s most successful artist

Table of Contents

Foreword by Emmanuel Guigon • Ronnie Wood as Artist • The Life & Times of Ronnie Wood 1. Early Work • 2. Faces • 3. The Rolling Stones • 4. Portraits • 5. Icons • 6. Views • 7. Ballet • 8. Animals • Outro by Keith Richards

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RONNIE-WOOD-ARTIST-Ronnie-Wood/dp/0500519897/ref=sr_1_4...

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

philgood
Rocks Off Regular

Cologne Area, Germany
Re: "Ronnie Wood : Artist" new book published 21st August
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 9:39am
Maybe it's just me, but I think Ronnie didn't himself a favor by chosing this painting for the cover.
Keith and Ronnie himself ..., no he didn't got it right.
Mick and Charlie, well, but I've seen better jobs.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 5:10pm
Do you think this will be out before the new Jagger single?

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 7:49pm
This will be in the discount bins by Thanksgiving.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #4 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 10:29pm
It's reasonably priced compared to the artwork itself. I spoke to a gallery owner in NYC and was told that some of Ronnie's paintings have sold for over $1,000,000.00 so I think Ronnie is pretty confident about his works of art at this point.

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 1:42am
There could also be a quality book of Kodachromes and paintings of, on the left page, Ron's hair brushes and, on the right, his paint brushes. The twins could be utilised in a photo shoot, for  'Two Hairs' or 'Brushes With Wood'? It would be lovely.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)