Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
RIP Anita Pallenberg 1942 - 2017 (Read 30,099 times)
MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Re: RIP Anita Pallenberg 1942 - 2017
Reply #50 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 9:53pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Sad news, but she died without any sort of gross make-up; I think. Anyhow, may she RIP.

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #51 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:33am
My favorite of the songs I think were written about her. It's the most raw and you can feel the longing in Keith's voice.

IP Logged

LanternHigh
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Italy
Reply #52 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:19am
Very sad news in these days. She was an icina of the sweenging sixties.

RIP Naita xo

...&&...
https://www.facebook.com/  
IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #53 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:52pm
The Wick wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 1:33am:
My favorite of the songs I think were written about her. It's the most raw and you can feel the longing in Keith's voice.

Another beautiful unreleased song.  Not sure it was about Pallenberg, judging by lyrics.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #54 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:24am
sirmoonie wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:52pm:
Not sure it was about Pallenberg, judging by lyrics.

I remember reading something a long time ago about this being about her. If you notice the parts that probably aren't about her are Mick singing, and Keith noticeably talks about not fighting too much, unlike Mick.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #55 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 7:46am
Anita and me: my neighbour, the original It Girl

Anita Pallenberg, who died on June 13
CREDIT: BLACKMAN/DAILY EXPRESS/GETTY IMAGES

Anna Tyzack
18 JUNE 2017

The King’s Road’s  bohemian days were long gone when I moved to a basement flat in the area in 2004. Once a byword for the swinging Sixties, it was lined with high street chains, and McDonald’s had taken up position in the iconic Drugstore, which made it into a song by the Rolling Stones. Even the Sloane Rangers with their pearls and cords were a dying breed, finding life cheaper and more fun in Fulham.

However, all was not lost. In my slightly jaded apartment block by the river lived the original cool IT girl. Anita Pallenberg, the actress, model and Rolling Stones muse, who died last week aged 73, strode in and out of our front door, cigarette in hand and a roguish grin on her face. Here standing before me was a relic of time I’d missed out on. A time when the girls wore Mary Quant mini skirts and had the same haircut as their boyfriends.

A young woman wearing mini-fashion in the fashionable Kings Road
CREDIT: BENTLEY ARCHIVE/POPPERFOTO

Pallenberg was an ageing rock chick in an area which she must have hardly recognised. By then she’d had two hip replacements and walked with a stick. But her company was still in high demand. Such was the volume of post in her pigeon hole that the pile of stiff invitations and parcels habitually toppled over on to the floor.

Anita and I passed like ships for the first few months – what does someone in their early twenties say to the “sixth Rolling Stone”? – but fate eventually drew us together when she banged on my door early one morning and informed me, her voice gravelly, German-sounding, that our bikes had been stolen from the railings outside the building.

She was angrier than I was, but, to be fair, her bike was much more beautiful than mine, Dutch-style with an enormous wicker basket. “The b-------astards,” she growled, irately punching numbers into her mobile phone. When an almost identical bike arrived in the lobby the following day, I wondered if the Rolling Stones had set their former muse up with some kind of emergency hotline.

Pallenberg: her company was still in high demand
CREDIT: ELEANOR BENTALL CONTRACT

Pallenberg’s closest friends have admitted to being slightly afraid of her, but this was the only time I ever saw her lose her cool. She would chain  smoke her way through our residents’ association meetings, a warm, benign presence with a deep, throaty laugh who agreed, sympathised and conspired as was required, nursed a glass of wine and never touched the canapés.

She used her fluent French – Anita spoke five languages – to placate our chignoned French neighbour who was secretary of the building and, a stickler for good housekeeping, and she charmed the accountant with her twinkling eyes. Gavanndra Hodge from Tatler defines her type as irreverent, swaggering and inclined accidentally to break your favourite ornament. – Pallenberg was all of this. Rumour has it that the flat was given to her by the Stones. I have no idea if this is true, or if she kept a stash of Stones’ guitars in the vaults below the building (another rumour). But neither are out of the question given that Pallenberg is mother to two of Keith Richards’ children, Marlon, and Angela.

Whatever anyone says about her past addictions and fads – in the Seventies she used heroin and became obsessed with black magic – Pallenberg lived for her family. When she was away, which she so often was, it was usually to spend time with her children and five grandchildren, often on an island somewhere hot.

Anita Pallenberg in 1968
CREDIT: LARRY ELLIS/HULTON ARCHIVE

When one evening she invited my brother and I into her oak-panelled drawing room for a nightcap, we couldn’t help but notice the bigger-than-poster-sized framed photograph of one of her grandsons on the wall. He must have been two or three years old and he was taking a pee.

I expect it was taken by a famous photographer, a work of art, but we couldn’t help smiling about it to each other as she poured us generous glasses of white wine that definitely did not come from the Tesco Express. It was so ungrannyish. She wanted to know about our lives but hers was infinitely much more interesting. We stayed late but she would have stayed up later. Now I regret not asking her more questions – so much of her life has died with her as she pointedly never wrote a memoir.

Her roomy lateral flat filled with bizarre objects told its own story – a testament to the rock star life she had lived. Despite her limp, Pallenberg never sat still. She was a doer, who kept herself busy with her numerous friends and pursuits. I’m not surprised that she embarked on a fashion degree in the Nineties. She was also a keen botanical artist and a couple of afternoons a week she’d cycle to her allotment in Chiswick, which she tended with a friend. “You must come and see it,” she always pleaded.

Rolling Stone Keith Richards and his girlfriend Anita Pallenberg, 9th December 1969.
CREDIT: MCCARTHY/HULTON ARCHIVE

Our neighbourly friendship ended seven years ago when I got married and moved out of the area to live somewhere above ground, larger than a handkerchief. Since then, the French lady has moved away, as has the estate agent who lived in the penthouse and the American woman who owned the ground floor flat and looked like Dolly Parton.

Today, I notice that the front door is shinier, the windows are whiter, there’s a new roof. Other iconic neighbours have gone too; the artist Julian Barrow, died in 2013, society girl Tara Palmer-Tomkinson died earlier this year. There used to be a gentleman who’d hit you with his umbrella – he once knocked me off my bike – and another who walked around covered in safety pins. I suspect they’ve moved on too. In the same way the Six Bells Pub, Henry J Beans in my day, is now the Ivy and and that the dingy pubs, popular with under- aged public school drinkers, are now frequented by the cast of Made in Chelsea.

It’s not inconceivable that the likes of Pallenberg would actually quite liked this new iteration. After all girls like here were all about moving with the times.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/anita-neighbour-original-girl/    

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #56 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 11:26am
Gazza wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:30pm:
The Wick wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 4:56pm:
Gazza wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:10pm:
I loved the fact that she and Keith remained close considering the second half of their lives so far have been after they split up. 

When Keith was at Redlands, she was a regular guest /visitor. And they always found a place for her with the rest of the Stones' extended family when they gathered together at Stones gigs in London

Classy.

I think she lived in their house in Jamaica as well for most parts of the year and took care of it.

Really? Didnt know that. I was under the impression she wouldnt go back to Jamaica after that horrific prison experience that Tony Sanchez mentioned in his book. Wouldnt have blamed her, to be honest

Can you tell the story please? Not remembering this.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #57 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:05pm
She was arrested on a trumped up charge and when Keith came to get her out she had been beaten up and repeatedly raped.

Grim stuff.

Anyway, another newspaper story today.  Not really a surprise that Keith and her always remained close and he took care of her, but still a nice thing to read :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/keith-richards-looked-after-old-10640...
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:09pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #58 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:12pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x498yi6

I watched this again yesterday. The "Donkey" episode of "Absolutely Fabulous" from 2001 which featured a cameo of Marianne as God and Anita as Satan.

Grin Grin Grin

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #59 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 7:35am
Gazza, That was very funny.  I enjoyed the humor. Thanks for sharing. LOL Cool Grin

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #60 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:29am
I hear that the Scott Cantrell family celebrated upon learning of Anita's passing.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #61 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 10:03am
In memory of Anita Pallenberg 1942 - 2017
With Michèle Breton and Mick Jagger on the set of Donald Cammell and Nicolas Roeg's psychological thriller, 'Performance', 1968 © Andrew Maclear/Hulton Archive with thanks to Susy Creamcheese

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #62 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:27am
Cannes, May 6, 1967 © Keystone with thanks to Susy Creamcheese

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #63 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 11:11am
Oh!  How sad!  May she rest in peace!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #64 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 1:08pm
Marrakech 1967 © Cecil Beaton with thanks to Irina

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Re: RIP Anita Pallenberg 1944 - 2017
Reply #65 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:17pm
Bitch wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 7:03pm:
Gazza wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:32pm:
Bitch wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 8:43pm:
Jun 13th, 2017 at 8:39pmRIP Anita.

If I ever could of lived in someone's shoes, it would of been Anita's. She was a hottie, hippie, and socialite, who will always have my utmost respect and envy for having slept with Brian, KEEF, and MICK. Wow, she was something special. Lived hard and had her share of heartache, a hard core drug addiction, lost a child, shot and killed her boyfriend, lost KEEF. She is the one I imagine there were songs written about, but not sure which ones.

You Got the Silver
Wild Horses
Angie
All About You
Comin' Down Again (probably about the relationship between himself, Anita and Brian if anything although Keith denied it in his autobiography)

are all songs which are at least partly inspired by Anita.

Scott Cantrell shot himself, by the way - he wasnt shot by Anita. He was playing russian roulette with one of Keith's guns. 

I love the fact that they remixed the entire Beggars Banquet album after Mick asked her what she thought of the album and instead of a sycophantic response, she told him the mix sounded like shit.   Grin

Gazza, I knew you would have the song-inspiration answers! So I stand corrected - I thought she shot her boy-toy in bed and that was the last straw for KEEF. Didn't know about the Beggars Banquet story, so that's "new" info. She did have a big influence on The Stones.
It will be very strange listening to songs like Coming Down Again, it has always been a particular favourite of mine. Images , and even demonic imaginings. Lady Jane is so right that although she,(Anita) could have written the best kiss and tell piece of trash she never did.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #66 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:16pm
© IDR with thanks to Keef the Riff

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #67 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 12:49am
Steel Wheels wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:29am:
I hear that the Scott Cantrell family celebrated upon learning of Anita's passing.

People are fucking sick. What else can u say..
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2017 at 12:51am by gypsymofo60 »  

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #68 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 4:56am
Lovely post from the great Mick Taylor's Facebook page:

"You moved through your world as if it was a dance...

Farewell Anita, you were a diamond among stones.
I pray that angels met you on the shore. — remembering Anita Pallenberg."

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #69 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 9:05am
Entertainment -  Celebrities
Keith Richards attends funeral of ex-lover, muse, Anita Pallenberg

Celebrities
Yesterday at 7:19 PM

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/06/21/keith-richards-attends-funeral-of-ex-lover-mu...

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Sad!
Reply #70 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:01pm
The header today gives me a profound sense of sadness. Last night I was discussing a personal loss with a friend who has just recovered from cancer. And, the terrible year we had as a family where death, and grieving was concerned.

It makes today's pic particularly poinigant.( Yeah! I spelt it wrong.) Regardless of their separation, (and I don't pretend to know how Keith feels.) I am sure at this time Keith, and the children that keith and Anita had, are going through that terrible thing we refer to as grief

I always seem to suffer a delayed sort of grieving, it seems to me very strange when a loved one passes, almost; surreal. Later it hits me.
Shit! You know they're really gone
Anyway; my deepest condolences go out to Keith and his family, Anita was a one off. Yeah! Talk about breaking the mould afterwards. She was the kind of woman that fascinated me. Tough, beautiful, (and I use that word very rarely.) Mysterious, brilliant, and talented. I think she had a profound affect on the Stones during the late 60s, Would certain songs have had that edge without Anita? No Gimme Shelter? Perish the thought. Anyways, I have delayed my post concerning Anita until people had had their say, well, there's mine. I pray she continues to be Keith's spiritual muse; they are a rare beauty in themselves. Goodbye Anita. You were a very special, and mysterious lady.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Re: Sad!
Reply #71 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:05pm
It is a sad pic. I wish you the very best.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #72 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:23pm
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:01pm:
The header today gives me a profound sense of sadness. Last night I was discussing a personal loss with a friend who has just recovered from cancer. And, the terrible year we had as a family where death, and grieving was concerned.

It makes today's pic particularly poinigant.( Yeah! I spelt it wrong.) Regardless of their separation, (and I don't pretend to know how Keith feels.) I am sure at this time Keith, and the children that keith and Anita had, are going through that terrible thing we refer to as grief

I always seem to suffer a delayed sort of grieving, it seems to me very strange when a loved one passes, almost; surreal. Later it hits me.
Shit! You know they're really gone
Anyway; my deepest condolences go out to Keith and his family, Anita was a one off. Yeah! Talk about breaking the mould afterwards. She was the kind of woman that fascinated me. Tough, beautiful, (and I use that word very rarely.) Mysterious, brilliant, and talented. I think she had a profound affect on the Stones during the late 60s, Would certain songs have had that edge without Anita? No Gimme Shelter? Perish the thought. Anyways, I have delayed my post concerning Anita until people had had their say, well, there's mine. I pray she continues to be Keith's spiritual muse; they are a rare beauty in themselves. Goodbye Anita. You were a very special, and mysterious lady.

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #73 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:41pm

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #74 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 12:44am
MrPleasant wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:05pm:
It is a sad pic. I wish you the very best.

Cheers!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)