Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Jini telling the truth to the world © Don't remember!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gazza, not just here. (Read 2,036 times)
gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Gazza, not just here.
Jun 8th, 2017 at 4:59pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I just wanna say what a diamond our fabulous Gazza is. Not just here at Rocks Off but, off rocks as well. Thankyou Gazza and Voodoo for the board(Yeah! I've said it before) so what? A gem! God be with you china, and thanks for everything. Mofo. Wink

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Gazza, not just here.
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 5:00pm
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 4:59pm:
I just wanna say what a diamond our fabulous Gazza is. Not just here at Rocks Off but, off rocks as well. Thankyou Gazza and Voodoo for the board(Yeah! I've said it before) so what? A gem! God be with you china, and thanks for everything. Mofo. Wink

MAYBE YOU'RE GOD! Shocked

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 5:04pm
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 5:00pm:

ShockedSHIT! GOD.....IRISH?
TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE.
HEAVEN IS THE FALLS ROAD?
WHAT THE FUCK IS HELL?  BASRA? Shocked

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 6:08pm
Merged with LSD thread.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

tauk
Rocks Off Regular

DUMBEST STONES FAN ON
EARTH

Las Vegas, NV
Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 12:55am
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
I just wanna say what a
diamond
our fabulous Gazza is. Not just here at
Rocks
Off but, off rocks as well. Thankyou Gazza and Voodoo for the board(Yeah! I've said it before) so what? A
gem
! God be with you
c
hina
, and thanks for everything. Mofo. Wink

TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE.
HEAVEN IS THE
FALLS ROAD?

WHAT THE FUCK IS
HELL
BASRA?
Shocked

sometimes i think my vocabulary is too limited to comprehend your posts, mofo. I'm gonna have to start using a dictionary thingy or learn geography ....I don't want your posts to keep going over my head...I don't want to miss any of what I'm sure are good or funny points you're making.  Smiley

just looked up Basra on wikipedia-something to do with Sinbad the Sailor and The Garden of Eden.  O.K. sooo that clears that up.  Shocked

but "China"?? oh well, maybe i'll figure that one out later.

is falls road a good place?

re. your question of what is hell? I'd say hell is hell. you'll know it if you're in it.

i just now looked up "Hell" on wikipedia-first time I've ever looked up a description/definition of Hell. i'm never looking that word up again! too scary.

but then again, I don't know who wrote that wikipedia article. perhaps I'm taking it too seriously...after all,
in the hell description
, the writer actually used the now overly used-common-computer-technology word of
"virtualized reality"
  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 

he/she/whoever/ wrote that, is not old enough to describe hell.

i'm not kidding..here's the wikipedia quote: "...... Hell is a place where souls (minds, separated from material body) of wicked people go after their lives on Earth end. It is a
virutalized
reality which accommodates the quantum mind."
THEY DIDN'T EVEN SPELL VIRTUALIZED CORRECTLY!

but if this thread is an LSD trip then, o.k. I guess I won't be able to keep up with the class.

i agree with you mofo, thanks to gazza and voodoo child for keeping this board up & running. don't know why it took me so long to find y'all.

diamonds/rocks/gems...../stones/
it's all good.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2017 at 1:32am by tauk »  

"I need a...I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance", 1970, Warner Brothers Film)

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 8:44am
sirmoonie wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 6:08pm:
Merged with LSD thread.

COMEDY GOLD!!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 5:14pm
he's everywhere and nowhere

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 4:20pm
tauk wrote on Jun 9th, 2017 at 12:55am:
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
I just wanna say what a
diamond
our fabulous Gazza is. Not just here at
Rocks
Off but, off rocks as well. Thankyou Gazza and Voodoo for the board(Yeah! I've said it before) so what? A
gem
! God be with you
c
hina
, and thanks for everything. Mofo. Wink

TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE.
HEAVEN IS THE
FALLS ROAD?

WHAT THE FUCK IS
HELL
BASRA?
Shocked

sometimes i think my vocabulary is too limited to comprehend your posts, mofo. I'm gonna have to start using a dictionary thingy or learn geography ....I don't want your posts to keep going over my head...I don't want to miss any of what I'm sure are good or funny points you're making.  Smiley

just looked up Basra on wikipedia-something to do with Sinbad the Sailor and The Garden of Eden.  O.K. sooo that clears that up.  Shocked

but "China"?? oh well, maybe i'll figure that one out later.

is falls road a good place?

re. your question of what is hell? I'd say hell is hell. you'll know it if you're in it.

i just now looked up "Hell" on wikipedia-first time I've ever looked up a description/definition of Hell. i'm never looking that word up again! too scary.

but then again, I don't know who wrote that wikipedia article. perhaps I'm taking it too seriously...after all,
in the hell description
, the writer actually used the now overly used-common-computer-technology word of
"virtualized reality"
  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 

he/she/whoever/ wrote that, is not old enough to describe hell.

i'm not kidding..here's the wikipedia quote: "...... Hell is a place where souls (minds, separated from material body) of wicked people go after their lives on Earth end. It is a
virutalized
reality which accommodates the quantum mind."
THEY DIDN'T EVEN SPELL VIRTUALIZED CORRECTLY!

but if this thread is an LSD trip then, o.k. I guess I won't be able to keep up with the class.

i agree with you mofo, thanks to gazza and voodoo child for keeping this board up & running. don't know why it took me so long to find y'all.

diamonds/rocks/gems...../stones/
it's all good.  Smiley

That post was to thank Gazza.
The term is private joke. There are many posts on this board that are between particular individuals. I may not understand those posts; threads, but I am not so narcissistic as to feel every post, thread is supposed to be understood by myself.

Gazza understands what I am trying to convey. Appreciation in local argot.
(Ah! The dictionary might not be of much use there.) And, who needs a dictionary, Wikipedia to look up Hell?
Oh! And by the way, intellectual posing or, postulating is a bore.

China is London slang. China plate= mate. It is rhyming slang.
The Falls Road is/was a very dangerous area, a rough area. Patrolled by British soldiers, and a notorious breeding ground for para military groups fighting a guerrilla war against the British and, against one another. Maybe this will clear things up a little for you. Then again, as I said; that post was for Gazza who over many years has been a source of much information to myself.

Basra, was/is a notorious no go zone during the Iraqi conflict. Predominately patrolled by the British. It is an Iraqi city well south of Bagdad.

IP Logged

tauk
Rocks Off Regular

DUMBEST STONES FAN ON
EARTH

Las Vegas, NV
Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:09pm
Sorry mofo, I certainly didn't mean anything I wrote in a negative way. I dumbly but honestly thought I would make you laugh. I didn't mean to take up your time to explain those geographical locations. I was only trying to joke.

If I wanted to put on intellectual airs I certainly wouldn't have referred to Wikipedia!  Smiley I don't want to seem like I think I am an intellectual. I was trying for "funny" but obviously that failed.

i just try to make people laugh, that's really my only goal 99% of the time on fan forums. Obviously I am not making people laugh...thanks for the feedback. I'll try not come off as if I think I am an intellectual. You're right, I agree, those can be very boring types of people. 

Intellectual--I only use to do that when I was being paid to, on jobs. I'm on early disability retirement and don't need to try to show braininess at all anymore. It's a relief, actually.

I wasn't serious about anything I wrote--just a poor attempt to participate in what I thought was a light, fun manner. I'm sorry I was wrong.

The trouble with communicating only via typing versus talking in real life is so many things can come out different than intended.

It can be difficult to just jump right into a forum/website without knowing anyone when everyone else has been around quite awhile...Obviously lots of people new to a fan forum don't make the mistakes I have just now made.

My (ineffective) stab at joking was not meant in a bad way whatsoever. I apologize for any offense that may have been taken.

I don't consider myself as a narcissist. But I guess that is determined in the eyes of the beholder.

Thanks for explaining those geographical locations. I am just not good with understanding a lot of what other people understand from tv news and current events. I'm really rather dumb that way.

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:43pm by tauk »  

"I need a...I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance", 1970, Warner Brothers Film)

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:34pm
tauk wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:09pm:
sorry mofo, i certainly didn't mean anything i wrote in a critical or complaining way. and if i wanted to put on intellectual airs i certainly wouldn't have referred to wikipedia!  Smiley i don't want to seem intellectual--i only use to do that when i was being paid to, on jobs. i'm on early disability retirement and don't need to try to show braininess at all anymore. it's a relief, actually.

i wasn't serious about anything i wrote--just a poor attempt to participate in what i thought was a light, fun manner. i'm sorry i was wrong.

trouble with communicating only via typing versus talking in real life is so many things can come out different than intended.
it can be difficult to just jump right into a forum/website without knowing anyone when everyone else has been around quite awhile...

my (ineffective) stab at joking was not meant in a bad way whatsoever. i apologize for any offense that may have been taken. i don't consider myself as a narcissist. but i guess that is determined in the eyes of the beholder.

thanks for explaining those geographical locations. i'm the first to admit that i am just not good with understanding a lot of what other people understand from tv news and current events. i'm really rather dumb that way.

Understood! I know what an early disability is like. NOW THAT IS, A FORM OF HELL! At least Hell on earth. I don't know what Hell would really be like, providing it exits; but I think I may have experienced some sort of Limbo once. And that, that was terrifying enough. Anyway, everything is cool. Hope you are not in too much pain because of your disability; like I say, I can sympathise.

IP Logged

tauk
Rocks Off Regular

DUMBEST STONES FAN ON
EARTH

Las Vegas, NV
Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:56pm
Understood! I know what an early disability is like. NOW THAT IS, A FORM OF HELL! At least Hell on earth. I don't know what Hell would really be like, providing it exits; but I think I may have experienced some sort of Limbo once. And that, that was terrifying enough. Anyway, everything is cool. Hope you are not in too much pain because of your disability; like I say, I can sympathise. [/quote]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks mofo. Fatigue is my main symptom or "functional limitation" as it's referred to in the disability language here in the States. It's a side effect of Hepatitis C which I've known I have since 1992. It causes a sleep disorder.3 sleep studies all show I never ever get into the deep stages of sleep the whole night. There's no cure for it, this sleep disorder. I only sleep at the lightest levels, no matter what.

I also have a form of muscular dystrophy which affects my hands and legs/feet. It isn't painful per se. no sharp pains, etc. I just can't be on my feet very long and it makes typing HELL. I make so many typos!

You're right, early disability retirement is a form of hell on earth. Working was always my main function. No kids, only married a few years in my 40's.

I hope you're doing o.k. with your health problems.

It's fun to read your posts.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:57pm by tauk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)