Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
artists we once luved (Read 1,300 times)
gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

artists we once luved
May 31st, 2017 at 6:05pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Maybe you'll all think this a bore, toughshit! Coz I'm bored, dismal man!
My daughter, being just a mere 14, loved One Direction. "So?"   , I hear you say," she's 14! What's news there?"
Well; she stared playing their stuff-  Music! And bugger me sideways, I started humming along.
you know, "Errrrrr, like gross Dad!"
"Stop!"
I actually bought Harry Styles first/debut LP.  Shocked
Then, I went and copied One Direction's song 'Perfect.'--I actually like this stuff, it's bloody scary. It got me thinking about myself at that age, and I still have some truly tragic records, and CDs, files etc, so; I can't claim complete teenage fuck ups. Does anyone dare, to actually play anything remotely embarrassing? I do! I play truly tragic junk on low.
How about a little 'Fox On The Run', or 'Deuce' by of course KISS, maybe a little ummmm'DownDown' by Status Quo Shocked Do ya think that song is about cunninlingus?
[b]And there I was at 13/14- singing that in front of my grandparents. Holy shit! No wonder they used to look at me as though I was Satanspawn. ERRRR downdowndeepern'down
"I want all the world to see what you're doin'wiv me Dddderrrrr."

Who fucking writes that sort of shit in they're 30s?  And people wonder why British punk happened. Oh, well. Downdowndowndowndowndowndown, Bet that never won song lyric of 1974.
[/b]

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Re: artists we once luved
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 1:35am
Given that Gene Simmons was singing it, that's probably exactly what it was about. His tongue was as famous as Mick's for a while there (and as I've noted before, the Stones logo isn't about eating ice cream). Back then it was still common for people to be openly grossed out by oral sex so I don't think it's a coincidence that both the Stones and KISS, who basically advertised their predilection for cunnilingus, became popular with girls, despite seeming to be otherwise guy bands.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: artists we once luved
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 4:46pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 1:35am:
Given that Gene Simmons was singing it, that's probably exactly what it was about. His tongue was as famous as Mick's for a while there (and as I've noted before, the Stones logo isn't about eating ice cream). Back then it was still common for people to be openly grossed out by oral sex so I don't think it's a coincidence that both the Stones and KISS, who basically advertised their predilection for cunnilingus, became popular with girls, despite seeming to be otherwise guy bands.

My tongue is famous. Simmons got nothing on me Grin Anyway it was Status Quo doing DOWN DOWN but, Simmons shoulda sung it. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)