Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Jini telling the truth to the world © Don't remember!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What's the best sounding version of the 1972 fort worth second show? (Read 530 times)
thegarzus
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

United States
What's the best sounding version of the 1972 fort worth second show?
Apr 25th, 2017 at 8:48pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
As far as I know, this exists but its kind of muffled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xdFm7NHoDQ&t=897s

This same quality audio is on the touring party boot as well. The sound is very rich and strong but its a little too muffled to be listenable for me. In some other boot, I think it was some version of the Philadelphia special, there was a much less muffled version of "don't lie to me" and "midnight ramber". (Rambler had some weird separation or panning glitches or something, dont really know but it kind of made it unlistenable) Clearer versions must exist somewhere then. So do any superior versions of this show exist? Or are we stuck with what I mentioned above. Any insight is welcome!

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: What's the best sounding version of the 1972 fort worth second show?
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 10:45pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
thegarzus wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 8:48pm:
As far as I know, this exists but its kind of muffled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xdFm7NHoDQ&t=897s

This same quality audio is on the touring party boot as well. The sound is very rich and strong but its a little too muffled to be listenable for me. In some other boot, I think it was some version of the Philadelphia special, there was a much less muffled version of "don't lie to me" and "midnight ramber". (Rambler had some weird separation or panning glitches or something, dont really know but it kind of made it unlistenable) Clearer versions must exist somewhere then. So do any superior versions of this show exist? Or are we stuck with what I mentioned above. Any insight is welcome!

You need to listen to a boot called, 'The Lost Album', also titled (for some lame arsed reason), 'Keep Your Motor Running'. It's very good, Philly,and a few Houston tracks, a great live version of Gimme Shelter, novel intro with someone on Vibes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)