Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Building the stage, Houston, TX - April 2024 © Alesia Turner with thanks to christijanus and Rogerriffin

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eagle Rock to issue CD only editions of Ladies & Gents, Checkerboard lounge and Live in Texas' 78 (Read 1,645 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Eagle Rock to issue CD only editions of Ladies & Gents, Checkerboard lounge and Live in Texas' 78
Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:13pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
On 16th June 2017, Eagle Rock will re-issue the following items on CD.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones"
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYHTPNZ/?tag=imwan-20

"Some Girls - Live in Texas '78"
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ3CW5W/?tag=imwan-20

"Live at the Checkerboard Lounge with Muddy Waters"
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071CVY41M/?tag=imwan-20

This will be the first time that the soundtrack of L&G has been made available on an audio format.

The other two releases were previously only available as a CD + DVD/blu-ray combo.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: Eagle Rock to issue CD only editions of Ladies & Gents, Checkerboard lounge and Live in Texas' 78
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:37pm
this makes me moist

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Eagle Rock to issue CD only editions of Ladies & Gents, Checkerboard lounge and Live in Texas' 78
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:08am
Meanwhile in Japan on June 7 they will release a CD/2BR combo of Ladies and Gentlemen

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones Japan Exclusive Set [CD+2Blu-ray / Limited Edition]

This is a Japan exclusive deluxe box set of "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones," consisting of a CD, 2 Blu-ray discs, a booklet, a poster, and a postcard. Mainly features the concert movie "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones," capturing their performances in the North America tour in 1972. Each the CD and a Blu-ray disc (1) includes 15 tracks respectively. Blu-ray disc (2) features "Stones in Exile," an official documentary movie. Box Size: W15.5 x H15.5 x D3cm.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-78339?utm_source=MAIL&utm_medium=text-arti...

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 12:01am
I never liked the mix of Ladies and Gents bootlegs....
It's been a long time since I listened, hope when this comes out I have a better experience. It'll be nice to have a legit 72 release....

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 10:58am
Gazza wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:13pm:
The other two releases were previously only available as a CD + DVD/blu-ray combo

According to Capetruzas, a regular from our message board in Spanish, Texas 1978 was released on CD (only CD, no DVCD/BR), he says it was the only country who did it

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 4:35pm
In what country?

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #6 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 4:47pm
OUCH!

Sorry, Argentina

IP Logged

thegarzus
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

United States
Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 1:37am
For the ladies and gentlemen dvd, do we know if there will be improved audio? Its hands down the stones at their best and if they were to remaster it I would be overwhelmed with joy and happiness. Does anyone know if they usually improve the sound for releases like this?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:12am
thegarzus wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 1:37am:
For the ladies and gentlemen dvd, do we know if there will be improved audio? Its hands down the stones at their best and if they were to remaster it I would be overwhelmed with joy and happiness. Does anyone know if they usually improve the sound for releases like this?

Welcome aboard.  Are you fucking serious?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 11:14pm
Why this stuff?
It's been done. OK! Except L&G's official audio. But with the dvd already in hand, seven years ago, It's beginning to feel like we're just going to feed the cash cow until we wake up.
Don't get me wrong guys I love the band with all my stoney heart , I do. But it's starting to feel like they're just taking the mick, sorry! I really didn't mean the bad pun there but, on reflection I feel it appropriate. So let's say; taking a fucking gypsy's.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)