Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Building the stage, Houston, TX - April 2024 © Alesia Turner with thanks to christijanus and Rogerriffin

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Merry Christmas, ya'll !! (Read 6,749 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Merry Christmas, ya'll !!
Dec 20th, 2016 at 2:22pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Greetings from the bayous !!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Merry Christmas, ya'll !!
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2016 at 4:04pm
Best use of Stones ever in a Christmas movie.

« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2016 at 4:05pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 5:14am
Merry Christmas.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 8:51am

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 8:51am

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Merry christmas from down in the hole.
Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2016 at 4:32pm
[b]Good morning ladies and gents. A very merry christmas to you all, and a happy new year. I haven't been around for a while; what can I say? It's just the mofo gypsy in me.

Anyway I hope you are all good, and I also hope like me, you liked the Stones LP. But, is it a Stones record?It's great but, it doesn't really feel like a ya know, a Rolling Stones record. Anyway Nice to see you're all still here. Cheers! Special hello to Voodoo, and me old mucker Gaz.
[/b]

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Merry christmas from down in the hole.
Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2016 at 4:41pm
You been bummin' for cigarettes.......bummin' for nylons ?

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Merry christmas from down in the hole.
Reply #7 - Dec 20th, 2016 at 4:53pm
Edith Grove wrote on Dec 20th, 2016 at 4:41pm:
You been bummin' for cigarettes.......bummin' for nylons ?

She could be the alien, she could be Australian...God forbid! That fucking accentAAARRRRRRR. Gimme a nice LA chick.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #8 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 10:48am

<  ------------- Merry Christmas  , Happy Holidays and a very Happy Happy Nude Year Everyone from the Valley of the Sun !!!!!  :

... !!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #9 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 2:00pm

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #10 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 4:45pm
down in the hole? sweet jesus say a prayer for baby steelie!

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #11 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 8:20am
Happy birthday Santa Claus!

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #12 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:10am
Egon wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 8:20am:
Happy birthday Santa Claus!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #13 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:11am
mojoman wrote on Dec 21st, 2016 at 4:45pm:
down in the hole? sweet jesus say a prayer for baby steelie!

<   -------------- Baby Steelie is celebrating his third straight Holiday Season in Prison .

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #14 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:15am
Is he a political prisoner, Joey?  The got him in USP Marion? Feds had Gotti there until he gagged.  Pete Rose too.

Biff.  Make a splash.

Best wishes for a productive and safe 2017, yinz!

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #15 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 4:56pm
"for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"

That's what Christmas is all about, moonie brown.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #16 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 7:37am
God Bless us everyone.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #17 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 10:27am
Some Guy wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 4:56pm:
"for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"

Thanks, Spuds.  Sputnik.  Rumplestiltskin.   I sunged/sanged "Away in a Manger" probably more times than I've sung Brown Sugar.  No crib for a bed, and little lord Jesus, lay down his baby head.  The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes!  But little lord Jesus, no crying he makes.  Cows!

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #18 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 10:42am
sirmoonie wrote on Dec 23rd, 2016 at 10:27am:
Some Guy wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 4:56pm:

Thanks, Spuds.  Sputnik.  Rumplestiltskin.   I sunged/sanged "Away in a Manger" probably more times than I've sung Brown Sugar.  No crib for a bed, and little lord Jesus, lay down his baby head.  The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes!  But little lord Jesus, no crying he makes.  Cows!

"  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!     "

... !!!!!!

IP Logged

Irina
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 10:42am
Merry Christmas and happy holidays Smiley

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #20 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 11:02am
Christmas in North Korea: Lights and trees, but void of Jesus

In this Monday, Dec. 12, 2016 photo, a waitress serves customers before a Christmas tree decorated with lights, ribbons and balloons in Pyongyang, North Korea. If Santa Claus stops in North Korea this year, he'll find some trees and lights and might even hear a Christmas song or two, but he won't encounter even a hint of what Christmas is supposed to really mean. There are almost no practicing Christians in North Korea -- to truly be one is risky today, to say the least. But there used to be. (AP Photo/Eric Talmadge) (Eric Talmadge)

By  The Associated Press
on December 23, 2016

PYONGYANG, North Korea -- If Santa Claus stops in North Korea this year, he'll find some trees and lights and might even hear a Christmas song or two. But he won't encounter even a hint of what Christmas actually means -- not under a regime that sees foreign religion a very real threat.

There are almost no practicing Christians in North Korea. But there used to be. And while the trappings of the holiday season they once celebrated haven't been completely expunged, any connections they had to the birth of Jesus have been thoroughly erased.

Take Christmas trees, for example.

They aren't especially hard to find in Pyongyang, especially in upscale restaurants or shops that cater to the local elite and the small community of resident foreigners. A waist-high tree was long a feature at the offices of the Koryolink mobile phone provider.

The trees are often decorated with colorful lights and shiny baubles, but none of the displays have explicitly religious associations. Many are up all year, further diluting their Christmas connotation.

Instrumental versions of "White Christmas" and "Let It Snow" have been in the rotation of mood music piped into the dining room of one of Pyongyang's ritziest hotels since at least last August. In the countryside, where such pockets of affluence are rare to nonexistent, so too, presumably, are any of these sorts of glitzy decorations.

This wasn't always the case.

Before the advent of ruling Kim regime, North Korea was fertile ground for missionaries and Pyongyang had more Christians than any other city in Korea. It even had a seated Catholic bishop. Most of that presence was erased by the early 1950s, and the North has kept a tight lid on all Christian activities in the country since.

Article 68 of the North Korean constitution does give a nod to the freedom of religion -- with the rather significant proviso that "religion must not be used as a pretext for drawing in foreign forces or for harming the State or social order." A handful of Christian churches and other religious facilities are allowed to operate, but under tightly restricted conditions.

There are four state-approved Christian churches in Pyongyang -- one Russian Orthodox, two Protestant and one Catholic.

Inside the Catholic cathedral are crosses, but no crucifixes. Weekly services feature hymns and prayers offered in a highly formalized manner, but there are no sacraments. State-appointed laymen lead the services, which are not sanctioned by the Vatican. The Protestant churches are reportedly largely unused.

In this Monday, Dec. 12, 2016 photo, a Christmas tree stands in the corner of a private room at a restaurant in Pyongyang, North Korea. If Santa Claus stops in North Korea this year, he'll find some trees and lights and might even hear a Christmas song or two, but he won't encounter even a hint of what Christmas is supposed to really mean. There are almost no practicing Christians in North Korea -- to truly be one is risky today, to say the least. But there used to be. (AP Photo/Eric Talmadge)
Eric Talmadge

The fact that Christmas-themed music and decorations are allowed at all and, in fact, generally taken for granted almost certainly signals how little association they evoke with the officially frowned-upon and subversive religion that spawned them.

Overt, unsanctioned religious activities are a very different matter.

As one American tourist found out not too long ago, merely leaving a Bible in a public space is enough to land you in jail for a potentially very long time: Jeffrey Fowle was sentenced to 15 years but ended up being released after six months. And Canadian Hyeon Soo Lim, a Christian pastor, was sentenced last year to life in prison with hard labor for alleged anti-state crimes inside the country.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/12/north_korea_christmas_no_jesus.ht...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 3:34pm
Fuck North Korea!  I hope those commie bastards have a miserable piss-Christmas.  No one is better than us in terms of Christmas.  Even fucking Israel admits we rock Christmas.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #22 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 8:42pm
Happy Chritsmakwanzakuh.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 9:38pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 23rd, 2016 at 8:42pm:
Happy Chritsmakwanzakuh.

Oh yeah?  But how about J. Christ sacrificed unto you?  See, you don't have an explanation.  You just hate Christians.   The whole milk thing, moo moo arbogast.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #24 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 1:08pm
sirmoonie wrote on Dec 23rd, 2016 at 9:38pm:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 23rd, 2016 at 8:42pm:
Happy Chritsmakwanzakuh.

Oh yeah?  But how about J. Christ sacrificed unto you?  See, you don't have an explanation.  You just hate Christians.   The whole milk thing, moo moo arbogast.

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!   "

« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2016 at 3:35pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Jagger12
I'm new!!

France
Reply #25 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 4:50pm
thanx to let me in;  Merry Rock and Roll XMAS everybody

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #26 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 6:55pm
Jagger12 wrote on Dec 24th, 2016 at 4:50pm:
thanx to let me in;  Merry Rock and Roll XMAS everybody

Welcome! It's not quite as much as a madhouse on tis board as it might first appear (outside of the Joey? thread).

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #27 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 8:20pm

Merry Christmas Folks!

« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2016 at 1:30pm by Kilroy »  

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #28 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 11:34am

<   --------------- " I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!   "    :

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #29 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 1:58pm
<   --------------- " I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!   "   

repeat and a
VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to my comrades here at "Rocks Off"

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #30 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 10:12pm
Merry Christmas to everyone!

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #31 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 1:07pm
Happy holidays you B&B!

Rocking holidays everyone!!! © with thanks to Bob Johnson and Honey of a Girl

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)