Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Rolling Stones dumped drug-ravaged Pete Doherty in a bin (Read 1,367 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
The Rolling Stones dumped drug-ravaged Pete Doherty in a bin
Dec 14th, 2016 at 1:02pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The Rolling Stones dumped drug-ravaged Pete Doherty in a bin

14th Dec 16

The Rolling Stones once dumped a drug addled Pete Doherty in a bin when he was backstage at a British music festival.

The Libertines rocker has had a long history of drug problems including heroin addiction, and took things too far in the band's dressing room at the Isle of Wight festival in 2007.

Pete tells Britain's Q Magazine that guitarist Keith Richards, who himself used heroin for several years before kicking his habit in the late 1970s, questioned his use of the drug and warned him against injecting it into his veins.

And at one point during the festival, the Can't Stand Me Now singer "passed out" in one of The Rolling Stones' dressing rooms and the band then dumped him in a bin as he was a "liability".

"(The Rolling Stones) had different coloured dressing rooms," he explains. "Uncle Ronnie Wood - his was called The Detox Room, all white and he dumped me in there, in the bins, with my legs in the air, on my back, like a dead cow. I heard Ronnie's voice in the midst of my dementia going, 'Have him removed. He's a liability - and he doesn't get the blues.'"

Pete says he has now conquered his heroin habit. He explains that he was inspired to get clean after being replaced by another rock veteran, Sting, as the first act to play at the Bataclan Theatre in Paris, France one year after the terrorist atrocity which saw 89 people murdered by gunman at an Eagles of Death Metal gig.

The 37-year-old musician had originally been billed as the first act to play on 16 November (16), but Sting got in ahead of him with the late arrangement of a concert to mark the 13 November 2015 terrorist attacks.

"I imagined he'd (Sting) be motivated by thinking, 'We can't let some junkie b**tard re-open the Bataclan - I'm going to do it,'" he says. "And I thought, 'No, I'm going to be clean to do it. Because it changes how I sing, how I'm involved. I wanted to do this for this show. For them."

Pete's Bataclan gig proved to be an emotional one, as he was joined by the crowd in a defiant rendition of the French national anthem, La Marseillaise.

© WENN Newsdesk 2016

https://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/225555/The-Rolling-Stones-du...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Re: The Rolling Stones dumped drug-ravaged Pete Doherty in a bin
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 6:17am
Pete is very very talented.  I'm pleased he has cleaned up his act and stopped wasting his life and talent on smack.

Sting is a whiner, a mass producer of putrid whiny music.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 8:05am
Pete says he has now conquered his heroin habit. He explains that he was inspired to get clean after being replaced by another rock veteran, Sting, as the first act to play at the Bataclan Theatre in Paris, France one year after the terrorist atrocity which saw 89 people murdered by gunman at an Eagles of Death Metal gig.

It took that long?  Good on 'em for the bin.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 1:07pm
Why did God give us Pete Doherty, Donald Trump and 50 Cent?

Because God does not exist.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2016 at 7:37pm
We all know that there were people who did crap like that to them when they were that drunk and/or high. On the other hand, there were also people who didn't.

I guess the moral of this story is not to get blink drunk or high with the Stones.

(Of course, we don't know if this is true or not.)

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)