Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mick the big tipper (Read 744 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Mick the big tipper
Nov 18th, 2016 at 1:43pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Mick Jagger leaves $500 tip for staff at New York eatery - report

18th Nov 16 | Entertainment News

Mick Jagger reportedly left a huge tip for the staff at Philippe Chow.

The upscale Chinese eatery, situated in New York, is a favourite among the A-list, with Cuba Gooding Jr., Rita Ora and will.i.am previously visiting for some food.

When Mick swung by Philippe's earlier this week (beg14Nov16) with a group of five, plus security, he reportedly left a $500 (£405) tip for a $478 (£388) bill.

TMZ reports Mick and his friends ordered big, tucking into lettuce wraps, tuna tartare, chicken satays and green prawns for starters. The party then moved onto an order of Mr. Cheng's Noodles and Peking duck, before finishing with Baked Alaska for dessert.

Eyewitnesses say The Rolling Stones legend ate his meal quickly and was very polite to staff.

Mick joins a growing list of 2016's most generous celebrity tippers, which also includes Jim Carrey, who is said to have left $225 (£182) for a $151 (£122) bill and Amy Schumer, who went one better, by gifting a lucky waitress $1,000 (£810) on a $77 (£62) tab at Broadway's Richard Rodgers Theatre when she watched Hamilton.

© WENN Newsdesk 2016

https://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/223205/Mick-Jagger-leaves-50...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Mick the big tipper
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 8:49pm
He can afford it so why not? Good for him!

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Mick the big tipper
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:17pm
That was very nice and generous of him.

But, 15% is the norm.  It should have been $72.00.  Or 20%, then he could have given them $96.00.

P.S. I love Chinese food.   Kung Pao Chicken, Orange Chicken, Chicken Chow Mein, Beef Broccoli, Shrimp Chop Suey, Sizzling Rice Soup, and of course the Crab Puffs!  Yum!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)