Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Building the stage, Houston, TX - April 2024 © Alesia Turner with thanks to christijanus and Rogerriffin

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stones may play Private DC show in Jan...FOR TRUMP! (Read 15,786 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Stones may play Private DC show in Jan...FOR TRUMP!
Reply #25 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 6:51pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Nov 20th, 2016 at 11:48am:
BTW... I am going to havce full respect for Trump once he turns into the the president of the USA and I wish you the best fine people in the states

But in the meantime  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Don 't bother Voodoo. 2 million people who voted had more respect for Hillary than Trump. But he still won.............Mexican elections are more honest.  Ouch! you made a grown man cry War horses couldn't drag me away

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #26 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 9:41pm
I choose to believe that The Rolling Stones (L&G version) will play at Don S. Trump's Inauggie.  I can choose to believe anything.  I'm a Christian.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #27 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 10:35am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Nov 20th, 2016 at 6:51pm:
BTW... I am going to havce full respect for Trump once he turns into the the president of the USA and I wish you the best fine people in the states

Don 't bother Voodoo. 2 million people who voted had more respect for Hillary than Trump. But he still won.............

Oh that damned Electoral College thing again!

Why can't we just get rid of that thing and let New York and California decide how to govern the entire country?  Oh no! not you again

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #28 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 10:55am
Mexican elections are more honest

Not sure about how honest or not honest they are but I’m sure they are fairer as any other country (I vote in the Mexican and Spanish elections)...

Total votes is the simply formula in any country and with that criteria Hillary won in the Sates but with the archaic rules of the Electoral College Donald won even that more people voted for Hillary

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #29 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 2:04pm
sirmoonie wrote on Nov 20th, 2016 at 9:41pm:
I choose to believe that The Rolling Stones (L&G version) will play at Don S. Trump's Inauggie.  I can choose to believe anything.  I'm a Christian.

The Rolling Stones can cut a ' deal ' with Donald .  The band will play at the Inaugural but The Stones get a Kennedy Center Honour next December .  At the rate they are going now the  " Pet Shop Boys "  will get an award before Mick & Keef & Charlie & Ronnie !!!!

'kins™

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #30 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 2:27pm
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 21st, 2016 at 10:35am:

Don 't bother Voodoo. 2 million people who voted had more respect for Hillary than Trump. But he still won.............

Oh that damned Electoral College thing again!

Why can't we just get rid of that thing and let New York and California decide how to govern the entire country?  Oh no! not you again

How about we let the people of the United States Of America decide. Oh wait. We did.

IP Logged

a.completeunknown
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #31 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 4:08pm
Of course Ron Wood played at Bush 41's inauguration in '89.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUmaQ2m0SmQ

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #32 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 7:42pm
Source: The Rolling Stones Were Invited to Play the Inauguration — By the Democrats

Paul Resnikoff  November 21, 2016

Last week, a source to Digital Music News informed us that the Rolling Stones had been invited to play the Presidential Inauguration.  Now, it appears that the invitation didn’t come from the Trump Administration.

Please note: the following is a developing story. Please check back as we learn more information.

We’re now getting a better idea on just how cocky the Democratic Party was heading into Election Day.  According to a connected source disclosing details with Digital Music News over the weekend, it now appears that the Rolling Stones were invited to play the Inauguration back in September.  But the invitation looks like it came from the Democratic Party, Clinton campaign, or both.

That’s right: the Democratic Party was so confident of a Hillary Clinton success that they were already planning the celebration party.  In fact, we’re also learning that other artists were also being invited to play the Inauguration — for Hillary.

That includes Vince Neil from Motley Crue, who confirmed that he was also invited to play the Inauguration in September.  Neil and his supporting band accepted that offer, and went through Secret Service clearances in preparation for the event.  But after Donald Trump won, Neil was abruptly ‘uninvited’ from the January procession.

“I didn’t know about the Democratic part of asking us to play…”

Suddenly, the puzzle pieces are starting to come together.  In an interview last week, Neil alluded to a Democratic invitation, which would explain a Republican cancellation.  “I didn’t know about the Democratic part of asking us to play,” Neil stated in a recorded statement to TMZ, without expanding.

“Well here’s the thing: I was asked to do the inauguration two months ago.  We obviously had no idea who was going to win.  And I said absolutely, I wanted to play the inauguration.  We gave all of our passports for the band and crew to the Secret Service.  They went through everything, and as far as I know from that, we were playing.”

“So we were invited, but it turns out that when the Republicans won, we were uninvited.”

Other artists may also have been extended invitations by the Democratic Party, including Hillary supporters like Bruce Springsteen, Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga.  But, to clarify, we haven’t heard anything on those performers.  Indeed, the cast of superstar musicians supporting Hillary was deep, though none of them are likely to play a Trump celebration.

As for the Rolling Stones, an invitation from Donald Trump seemed unusual.  For starters, the band had been protesting his use of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” throughout his campaign.  And Trump didn’t seem to care.

Either way, the leaks surrounding the Inauguration planning process may speak volumes on Clinton’s overconfidence.  Indeed, some pollsters predicted a Hillary victory by a margin of more than 80%, with most expecting a rout.  Even Hillary herself planned a lavish post-election party, with stunned supporters having difficultly believing the Trump reality.

The Rolling Stones have not responded to a request for comment.

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/11/21/rolling-stones-inauguration-democrats...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #33 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 9:06pm
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 21st, 2016 at 7:42pm:
Source: The Rolling Stones Were Invited to Play the Inauguration — By the Democrats

Paul Resnikoff  November 21, 2016

Last week, a source to Digital Music News informed us that the Rolling Stones had been invited to play the Presidential Inauguration.  Now, it appears that the invitation didn’t come from the Trump Administration.

Please note: the following is a developing story. Please check back as we learn more information.

We’re now getting a better idea on just how cocky the Democratic Party was heading into Election Day.  According to a connected source disclosing details with Digital Music News over the weekend, it now appears that the Rolling Stones were invited to play the Inauguration back in September.  But the invitation looks like it came from the Democratic Party, Clinton campaign, or both.

That’s right: the Democratic Party was so confident of a Hillary Clinton success that they were already planning the celebration party.  In fact, we’re also learning that other artists were also being invited to play the Inauguration — for Hillary.

That includes Vince Neil from Motley Crue, who confirmed that he was also invited to play the Inauguration in September.  Neil and his supporting band accepted that offer, and went through Secret Service clearances in preparation for the event.  But after Donald Trump won, Neil was abruptly ‘uninvited’ from the January procession.

“I didn’t know about the Democratic part of asking us to play…”

Suddenly, the puzzle pieces are starting to come together.  In an interview last week, Neil alluded to a Democratic invitation, which would explain a Republican cancellation.  “I didn’t know about the Democratic part of asking us to play,” Neil stated in a recorded statement to TMZ, without expanding.

“Well here’s the thing: I was asked to do the inauguration two months ago.  We obviously had no idea who was going to win.  And I said absolutely, I wanted to play the inauguration.  We gave all of our passports for the band and crew to the Secret Service.  They went through everything, and as far as I know from that, we were playing.”

“So we were invited, but it turns out that when the Republicans won, we were uninvited.”

Other artists may also have been extended invitations by the Democratic Party, including Hillary supporters like Bruce Springsteen, Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga.  But, to clarify, we haven’t heard anything on those performers.  Indeed, the cast of superstar musicians supporting Hillary was deep, though none of them are likely to play a Trump celebration.

As for the Rolling Stones, an invitation from Donald Trump seemed unusual.  For starters, the band had been protesting his use of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” throughout his campaign.  And Trump didn’t seem to care.

Either way, the leaks surrounding the Inauguration planning process may speak volumes on Clinton’s overconfidence.  Indeed, some pollsters predicted a Hillary victory by a margin of more than 80%, with most expecting a rout.  Even Hillary herself planned a lavish post-election party, with stunned supporters having difficultly believing the Trump reality.

The Rolling Stones have not responded to a request for comment.

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/11/21/rolling-stones-inauguration-democrats...

Mick and Keef will cut a  ' deal '  with President Donald J. Trump ......... look for a Stones' Kennedy Center Honour at this same time next year .

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #34 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 9:07pm
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 21st, 2016 at 7:42pm:
That includes Vince Neil from Motley Crue, who confirmed that he was also invited to play the Inauguration in September.

PUH-LEEZ...as if

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #35 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 7:59am
Funny story.....not happening but wouldn't mind them taking his money then not showing up like the vendors he has screwed over the years

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 8:24am
Is it concerns with a British band doing an American inauguration?  Is that the issue?  The countries have deep ties. British leader Winston Churchill is an honorary American.  Trump is Scottish on his maternal side.  There are synergies. Plus, Trump and the Stones are both pro-Brexit.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #37 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 8:34am
sirmoonie wrote on Nov 22nd, 2016 at 8:24am:
Is it concerns with a British band doing an American inauguration?  Is that the issue?  The countries have deep ties. British leader Winston Churchill is an honorary American.  Trump is Scottish on his maternal side.  There are synergies. Plus, Trump and the Stones are both pro-Brexit.

.......and we all like cod !

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #38 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 8:57am
Mackerel too, Grover.  I don't have a photo, but they look like mini-tuna fish.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #39 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 1:21pm
British leader Winston Churchill is an honorary American

His mother was American...by Jewish law that makes him an American

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #40 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 5:38pm
a.completeunknown wrote on Nov 21st, 2016 at 4:08pm:
Of course Ron Wood played at Bush 41's inauguration in '89.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUmaQ2m0SmQ

He didnt. He played in the house band at a Young Republicans inauguration which took place the day after the Presidential Inauguration.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #41 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 10:15pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Nov 21st, 2016 at 10:55am:
Mexican elections are more honest

Not sure about how honest or not honest they are but I’m sure they are fairer as any other country (I vote in the Mexican and Spanish elections)...

Total votes is the simply formula in any country and with that criteria Hillary won in the Sates but with the archaic rules of the Electoral College Donald won even that more people voted for Hillary

voo?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/world/thousands-protest-spain-s-legal-challenge-to-...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #42 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 8:30am

<   ------ Young Joey lies awake at night worrying feverishly , FEVERISHLY that the  " Pet Shop Boys  " will receive their Kennedy Center Honour before Mick , Keith , Charlie and Ronnie  .

" The Donald and the Stones must cut a DEAL  , Ronnie Cakes ! "

J.  " Snuggles " Fly ® © ™

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #43 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 9:49am
The Stones will prevail in the end, Joe.

Fish.  Smack fish.  Mondo.

I've been to every inauguration since 1980, but Trump promises to be the biggest bash in the history of Christianity!  Glory and power unto us all!  We will revel and feast in it, until satiation.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #44 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 12:29pm
Peace.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #45 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 3:12pm
Will Mrs. Trump be present and accounted for in the inaug. festivities? 

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #46 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 5:54pm
Factory Girl wrote on Nov 26th, 2016 at 3:12pm:
Will Mrs. Trump be present and accounted for in the inaug. festivities? 

No. She has a hair appointment that night. What a post Ronnie!!!!!

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #47 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 9:15pm
I was referring to mrs. T not moving into the WH after DJT is inaugurated in Jan. 2017

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #48 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 9:23pm
Factory Girl wrote on Nov 26th, 2016 at 9:15pm:
I was referring to mrs. T not moving into the WH after DJT is inaugurated in Jan. 2017

I'm sure she'll be there for the ceremonies, unless Jill Stein hits the Powerball.

I think their youngin will still be attending school in NY or something' like that.

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #49 - Nov 27th, 2016 at 8:41am
Isn't there a slogan that's says: The Stones Sell Out! I know The Who did it.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)