Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stones related interview excerpts (Read 512 times)
KMC
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Bayonne, NJ
Stones related interview excerpts
Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:03pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Stones related interview excerpts:

Goldmine Mag – Oct. 2016 – Donovan

GM: Tell me of Brian Jones. You knew him intimately. Linda (Lawrence – his wife) was his girlfriend once, yet you raised his son as your own.
D: Brian always reminded me of Bert Jansch, a similar character who influenced everybody, who I spoke about to you. Both Brian and Bert were like burning comets with talent so blazing, they were bound to burn out. Brian invented the Rolling Stones, no matter what Mick and Keith say. He was studying jazz, blues, folk and classical when Mick and Keith were still schoolboys. In a way, Brian kind of created the charismatic British rock star. He was the first. But like Jansch, Joplin, Morrison, Hendrix, Moon … they were comets. Nobody before or since drummed has drummed like Keith Moon. In the inner circle, everybody knows what Brian did. That he played so many instruments was very telling of the talent of this man … but he was more than that. He was a visionary. He knew it had to be theatrical. He knew about bohemia and he knew all about jazz. This is why he loved Charlie Watts so much. Charlie’s a jazz drummer. Just like all of my drummers have been jazz drummers. Brian played jazz saxophone. He played all the instruments really. But you’re not to worry about Brian’s place in history. The old blues legends all loved the fact that Brian brought the slide guitar back into play. Howlin’ Wolf especially.

Rolling Stone Magazine – August 25, 2016 – Angus Young of AC/DC talking about the band’s need for a guitarist

RS: Who else would you like to play with if you had the shot?
AY: You’d have to resurrect a lot of people from the dead. I think (laughs). I’d sit down with Keith Richards, do something. He’s a rhythm guy like Mal. (His brother who left the band for medical reasons.)

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: Stones related interview excerpts
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 6:31pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
bert passed a few years ago maybe his work wasnt as exciting as the early days with pentangle but all rewarding thru the seventies and live

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)