Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keith Richards to curate BBC Four for a Lost Weekend (Read 3,388 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Keith Richards to curate BBC Four for a Lost Weekend
Sep 1st, 2016 at 8:33pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Keith Richards to curate BBC Four for a Lost Weekend

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/national/article/Keith-Richards-to-curate-BBC-Four...

1 September 2016 10:07AM

Keith Richards will "take over" BBC Four for a weekend which will see him curating the TV schedule.

The Rolling Stones guitarist, 72, is set to host three days from 7pm to 4am on Friday to Sunday, called the Lost Weekend, on the channel.

He will pick all of the programmes to be shown and will feature in between them in snippets from an in-depth interview.

Richards said: "No one has taken over a TV channel before. Let's see how it flies!"

Director Julien Temple, acclaimed for films such as The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle, will be at the helm of the project.

Temple said: "It's an open invitation for the audience to get to know Keith in-depth over three nights in a way that has never been seen before.

"As dawn breaks, those viewers who have experienced the full ride can celebrate the fact that they have been able to make it all the way and out the other side with Keith Richards as the sun comes up on their TV screens."

Films selected by Richards to be shown include Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps, The Man Who Would Be King starring Sean Connery and Michael Caine, as well as archive footage of musicians such as Johnny Cash and Richards with American guitarist and singer Jimi Hendrix.

The schedule will also feature never-before-seen archive footage of The Rolling Stones.

Temple will screen his 75-minute Director's Cut of Keith Richards - The Origin of the Species, which viewers saw on BBC Two earlier this year.

The documentary told the story of Richards' formative years in the post-war period as part of the BBC Music My Generation season.

The full schedule of what will air and when on the Lost Weekend will not be released beforehand.

Head of music TV commissioning, Jan Younghusband, said: "BBC Four is very much the musician's channel so we were thrilled when Keith agreed to curate a weekend of programming, giving viewers a truly original experience."

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Re: Keith Richards to curate BBC Four for a Lost Weekend
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 8:37pm

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:19pm
THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING!! great flick havent seen that in awhile

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:20pm
And archive Hendrix!! sweet!!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:41am
>> He will pick all of the programmes to be shown and will feature in between them in snippets from an in-depth interview. <<

Will there be English subtitles?  Oh no! not you again

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:03pm
Edith Grove wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:41am:
>> He will pick all of the programmes to be shown and will feature in between them in snippets from an in-depth interview. <<

Will there be English subtitles?  Oh no! not you again

they should get woody to interview

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 3:47pm
Now confirmed for the weekend of September 23-25

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2016/38/keith-richards-lost-weekend

Join Keith Richards for his Lost Weekend, from Friday through to Sunday, as he curates a ‘pirate broadcast’ on BBC Four. With some of the programming not being revealed in advance, viewers are invited to join him across three nights for an extraordinary televisual journey...
Keith takes control of the channel from dusk till dawn - a time when he is normally awake - keeping viewers entertained through the twilight hours with his personally selected programme choices. As well as hand-picking all the shows, Keith also features between them in an intimate and in-depth interview, specially filmed for the weekend by Julien Temple, making this a unique television experience for viewers.

Keith Richards said: “No one has taken over a TV channel before. Let's see how it flies!"

His choices tonight include the film noir The Sorcerers; Hitchcock's masterpiece The 39 Steps; and Julien Temple'sJulien  75 minutes long director's cut of his documentary - Keith Richards - The Origin Of The Species.

The night includes Keith playing guitar in the studio. In amongst this and rare music archive, performances and random night imagery, Keith enlightens viewers on his world philosophy, his views on the technological revolution, and addictions - to the internet and other substances - as well as his love of books. Keith also talks about his relationship with his parents, the process behind writing his book, and his turbulent times with the police.

Keith shares his views on fame, interspersed with a range of rare archive footage of the Rolling Stones. As well as his ruminations on being nocturnal, he talks about the power of humour, showing his favourite cartoons and the comedy shows that resonate with him.

From 7pm through to 4am, the audience will see some brilliant television and spend a unique night with one of the most famous and intriguing people in the world.

Lost Weekend continues on Saturday and Sunday night.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:47pm

... ... ...
IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 11:03pm
Don't know where this would go as far as the current topics are concerned. Anthony Bourdain just did an Ask Me Anything on Reddit. Said he wants to make a show with Keith

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:41pm
With Juno and Julien Temple, September 2016 © Keith Richards

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #10 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:15am
Managed to catch a bit last night and Gazza, this one's for you Smiley Keith was talking about how his father wasn't very interested in music, until he got much older and then he started listening to Bon Jovi, hahaha! Keith went on to say how he doesn't like Bon Jovi, but they do have an enormous audience, adding something that went like: "which goes to show how many idiots there are in this world" Smiley

FotiniD  
IP Logged

captainglassback
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 2:54pm
BBC4 was my fav TV channel before the cuts!  I wasn't too sure that this project would work BUT, despite being away for the weekend, the odd bits that I saw led me to believe it was a superb 3 night presentation.  Well done BBC n Keef n Temple!  Must try and watch it properly over the next 27 days on bbc iplayer.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 5:58pm
FotiniD wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:15am:
Managed to catch a bit last night and Gazza, this one's for you Smiley Keith was talking about how his father wasn't very interested in music, until he got much older and then he started listening to Bon Jovi, hahaha! Keith went on to say how he doesn't like Bon Jovi, but they do have an enormous audience, adding something that went like: "which goes to show how many idiots there are in this world" Smiley

Good man, Keith.  I dipped into the 'Lost Weekend' on and off over the three nights and if I'm being honest found it a bit hit and miss, with Keith's ramblings being as cliched as I feared they would be (talking through a constant haze of cigarette smoke was so predictable) - but that line has single handedly elevated the whole project to greatness.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #13 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 8:26am
Gazza wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 5:58pm:
FotiniD wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:15am:

Good man, Keith.  I dipped into the 'Lost Weekend' on and off over the three nights and if I'm being honest found it a bit hit and miss, with Keith's ramblings being as cliched as I feared they would be (talking through a constant haze of cigarette smoke was so predictable) - but that line has single handedly elevated the whole project to greatness.

I wish we could have seen it here in the US. Keith's bashing of other music performers gets old though. Just because someone likes a song or group that "we" don't hardly qualifies them as idiots imho.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)