Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Seriously, to hell with 2016 (Read 7,814 times)
Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Seriously, to hell with 2016
Aug 21st, 2016 at 8:03pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The ceiling in my living room collapsed last night. The roof here is completely ruined. zi n see outside through it in a large area. And yes, I'm still here because at the moment, I have no place to go (my landlord has no other place available to rent). I don't know where I'm going to go but I bet it will be some place that doesn't allow pets, of which i admittedly have too many since I'm the only person in this area who care about strays. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them either.

If you're the religious type, please pray for me and my pets. Regardless, wish me luck! I need it.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2016 at 11:06am by Unholy Trinity »  

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Re: Seriously, to hell with 2016
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 10:00pm
No problem, I wish you the best, today, tonight, and forever.
You will be in prayers tonight.

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 10:07pm
You dont need prayers...you need a phone.
Instead of wasting your time venting on here, you need action.

You need to contact your county / cities social services...as well as the police and local code inspectors...and dog warden...and if that ceiling caved in due to moister...you need to get out NOW...as that can very well kill you due to the mold buildup and spores now freely floating around your home.

Seriously...any  response  or excuse you have right now...wont cut it.

Good luck.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 10:37pm
Yeah, the ceiling came down because of the excessive rain. I've noticed the smell too. Besides the obvious damp, it smells like there's been a fire though there hasn't. I don't know what kind of help I can get from local city or county but I'm resigned to having to give up the pets. I hate to think about what will happen to them but there's nothing I can do about it. My landlord is trying to help though. He doesn't have a place but he's been talking to others he knows own apartments so it might actually be him that finds us a place. I almost certainly won't be able to keep any of the pets and that's what is really breaking my heart right now, not only losing them but thinking about them just being put down. I feel like I've failed them. I guess I have.

Thank you guys for the prayers and well wishes. 2016 has sucked and August has sucked worse than any month I've had since the cancer. Hopefully next month will be better.

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:44pm
Well, talk to your landlord, it was his responsibility to keep up with the maintenance!  My neighbor across the street had something similar happen.  (Not as bad as your situation, but her roof leaked.)  So, the landlord put her up in a nice hotel, until her roof was fixed!

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:47pm
God bless you.  This has been a rotten year, and this a rotten month.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 9:55am
Freya Gin wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 10:37pm:
Yeah, the ceiling came down because of the excessive rain. I've noticed the smell too. Besides the obvious damp, it smells like there's been a fire though there hasn't. I don't know what kind of help I can get from local city or county but I'm resigned to having to give up the pets. I hate to think about what will happen to them but there's nothing I can do about it. My landlord is trying to help though. He doesn't have a place but he's been talking to others he knows own apartments so it might actually be him that finds us a place. I almost certainly won't be able to keep any of the pets and that's what is really breaking my heart right now, not only losing them but thinking about them just being put down. I feel like I've failed them. I guess I have.

Thank you guys for the prayers and well wishes. 2016 has sucked and August has sucked worse than any month I've had since the cancer. Hopefully next month will be better.

Freya  .................

I hope this makes you feel better :

« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2016 at 9:57am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #7 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 9:52pm
andrews27 wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:47pm:
God bless you.  This has been a rotten year, and this a rotten month.

Me Arse !!!!!!

Please Enjoy  :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOGo4ndq0pk

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #8 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:08am
I'm glad August is over. This is probably the worst month I've ever had-- and I'm including December, 2013, when I found out I had brain cancer and was told I most likely wouldn't survive.

My landlord has screwed me here. I had to pay rent for a basement apartment. The good news is I have my 2 little dogs. The bad news is that the landlady is already getting bitchy. She doesn't want me using much electricity and refused to let me get internet hooked up there (fearing that it would be added to her account with the cable company despite me trying to get a separate account in my name). This is the worst thing about being dirt poor; you get treated like dirt and there isn't much you can do about it. So I'm using the public wifi at a local coffeehouse on a laptop I refurbished that I was going to sell on ebay. Guess I'll keep it a while. I can't bring either of my 2 cats or the kittens I rescued and I haven't found anyone who will take a single one. I've looked into charities but they're all completely swamped. My only hope is the woman running the Lifebridge for Animals. She said she'd put something on her facebook page to get them adopted out. Given the situation in this town (there are strays everywhere), I don't have much hope. I don't have much hope of finding another place I can afford. I haven't been able to find anyone to store the stuff we have left (fridge, air conditioners, what furniture that wasn't in the living room). And storage is expensive as hell! we simply can't afford to rent storage and our apartment. I haven't been able to find anyone to store the stuff I have left (fridge, air conditioners, what furniture that wasn't in the living room). And storage is expensive as hell! I simply can't afford to rent storage and the apartment. I have no living relatives or friends left who could help.

To say that I'm stressed is a vast understatement. I was in the room when the ceiling came down. It came down right beside me. I was lucky that it didn't come down on my head, it was so close. I stood there and held that one panel away from the desk while all the water (a large public pool's worth of the filthiest water I've ever seen) just kept pouring in. I think I might be a little traumatized, lol. And almost nothing has gone right sine then. I'm not sure how much longer I'll hold out at this rate.

Thank you, Joey, andrews27 and everyone for trying to cheer me up and for the well wishes!

Unsurprisingly, I don't expect to be online much for a while. If anyone wants to contact me, I've pmed my phone number to Voodoo.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 10:16pm
I can only offer my prayers my friend.  God bless you and take care. 

Remember: Change can be scary, but sometimes it can lead to bigger and better things.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 10:20pm
gorda wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 10:16pm:
I can only offer my prayers my friend.  God bless you and take care. 

Remember: Change can be scary, but sometimes it can lead to bigger and better things.

Amen !!!!!!!!!!

How about a " Classic !!! "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 7:50pm

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 11:49pm
Fuck 2016.  It is no longer worth being working-class in America.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #13 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 5:07am
All one can do is look Up

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #14 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 11:28am
Things are abut the same here. Very little progress has been made getting homes for the cats. We finally got hold of a man who needs cats on his farm. I guess he'll be getting ours because I haven't been able to find anything else. I've found the numbers for several charities and such for animals but virtually none of them have returned my calls! Furthermore, a hole formed in the floor from rot (what a surprise!) and a kitten and my cat, Muffin, escaped. The kitten is running around loose and we haven't been able to catch her. No sign of Muffin, which is worrying because she'd never spent any time outside before this.

We still haven't found a place to store the stuff we can't have in our basement either. Looks like we're stuck here. I was trying to upload some photos of the living room ceiling today but there seems to be some kind of filter preventing me from doing so at this coffeehouse. I've tried both tumblr and photobucket. I'l try again at another place soon.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #15 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Holy shit - things are getting worse. I send you well wishes that things turn around for you and yours sooner rather than later.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #16 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 5:24pm
Thank you, SW. No, nothing has improved so far and I'm running out of time to get what stuff I have left out of there.

I finally sorted out the image upload problem. Apparently, Chrome is the problem rather than the coffeehouse wifi.

Here's the desk I was sitting at when the ceiling came down:

Here's more of the ceiling hanging to the floor:

The ceiling panels that were hanging down have already been removed. The night it happened, I could barely get around the living room without crawling on my hands and knees because so much of the ceiling was hanging to the floor.

I actually have more photos but that will do, I guess.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #17 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 1:48am
Best wishes, Freya Gin. Keep in mind that good health comes first.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #18 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 5:05pm
Freya Gin wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 11:28am:
Things are abut the same here. Very little progress has been made getting homes for the cats. We finally got hold of a man who needs cats on his farm. I guess he'll be getting ours because I haven't been able to find anything else. I've found the numbers for several charities and such for animals but virtually none of them have returned my calls! Furthermore, a hole formed in the floor from rot (what a surprise!) and a kitten and my cat, Muffin, escaped.The kitten is running around loose and we haven't been able to catch her. No sign of Muffin, which is worrying because she'd never spent any time outside before this.

We still haven't found a place to store the stuff we can't have in our basement either. Looks like we're stuck here. I was trying to upload some photos of the living room ceiling today but there seems to be some kind of filter preventing me from doing so at this coffeehouse. I've tried both tumblr and photobucket. I'l try again at another place soon.

This Makes Young Joey Cry like Baby !!!!!

Here is something to Cheer you up ....   :

« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2016 at 8:08am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #19 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:53pm

More Great Cheer  !!!!!  :

« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:19am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #20 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 10:53am
Updates:

Well, I finally found a storage building to rent. Yes, it took that long! I tell you, if I ever acquired some land I think I'd put storage buildings to rent on it. It must be a lucrative business given how much demand there is for storage. Now I just need to get help moving my remaining stuff.

I managed to give one kitty away. Yes, just one. That's how hard it is to give away kittens in this area. There are so many of them around and too few people who care about animals. The landlady let me keep one in her barn but he isn't allowed indoors. One of the cats that got out, Muffin, caught cold and died. Broke my heart.

Still can't get internet at the apartment and it doesn't look I'll be moving anytime soon. I'll probably at least winter there. I might not be able to find a place even after that. Pretty much all of the affordable places around are HUD-only, for which I don't qualify. That's why I was stuck living in that crappy place to begin with.

I don't mean to whine but not one person has helped with this is any way. NOT ONE. I've helped other people in the past (the back room of the old place was crowded with other people's stuff) but when I needed help no one who could help would lift a finger. See if I help any of those bitches again. And the neighbors at the old place! The lady across the road was nice (she took the one kitty) but the others are complaining about the state of the house. Believe me, even with the roof collapsed my old place still doesn't look much worse than theirs. My life has been turned upside down and made 10 times more difficult when it was difficult enough as it was, but hey, all that matters is accommodating their wishes.

Sorry for the depressing rant. I'm not exactly in a happy place in any sense.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #21 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 9:48pm
A lot of people died this year, Bowie, many others, my husband and my sister. The roof fell in practically on my head. Since his funeral, I've found that I may have MS and almost certainly can't have kids; both conditions  run in my father's family, unbeknownst to me. Once upon a time I didn't want kids but now I'm remembering how I used to sing "Little Wing" to a neighbor's baby. Now I'm having chest pains again tonight. I don't know who else is going to die or what else will happen before this year ends. Good night and good luck, everyone.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #22 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 10:09pm
Wow!  Is that really your house?  Don't you have any relatives or friends you could move in with for a while?  Staying in that house is not safe!

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #23 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 1:39am
My beloved cat died December 10, aged only 11.  My girlfriend's father is dying now, and we're in misery limbo.  One deathwatch following another.

I tore up all my 2016 calendars.  I hope we make it to a happy Christmas in 2017.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #24 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 3:52am
gorda wrote on Dec 25th, 2016 at 10:09pm:
Wow!  Is that really your house?  Don't you have any relatives or friends you could move in with for a while?  Staying in that house is not safe!

Yeah, that's really my old place. I'm living in a basement apartment but I'm planning to move next month. I'm strongly considering buying a small house when my husband's life insurance money comes in. that'll cut what I have to live off of in half but then the house will belong to me. And it takes so long to get HUD that it might be more cost-effective in the long run anyway.

I completely understand, andrews27. I'm in the same boat. One death or disaster after another! Sorry to hear about both there.

Well, I wasn't having a heart attack. It seems that it actually was bad gas with me. My mother had to have a triple bypass at my age, and given that my sister's heart failed and my husband's heart gave out at the end (though that was caused by liver failure), it seemed wise to make sure. I know I've had bad stomach trouble for a long time and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so maybe I'll finally get something done about it. I guess it was just stress, given that it's my first Christmas without my husband and even some stuff I haven't mentioned. It's been a frigging terrible year.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)