Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Nanky © NFI but thanks!r!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Rolling Stones Box Set to Compile 1960's Catalog in Mono Along With Rarities (Read 2,568 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
New Rolling Stones Box Set to Compile 1960's Catalog in Mono Along With Rarities
Aug 9th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Is Paul Cashmere correct on this one? You know how Cashmere is:

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2016/08/new-rolling-stones-box-set-to-compile.ht...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: New Rolling Stones Box Set to Compile 1960's Catalog in Mono Along With Rarities
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 7:33pm
got two broken turntables!

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: New Rolling Stones Box Set to Compile 1960's Catalog in Mono Along With Rarities
Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 7:44pm
Like father like son/daughter... Those "Klein" are incurable

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 8:47pm
The Stray Cats compilation is actually a nice collection of "rarities" and B-Sides.
Other than that, meh!

Something for the purist and completest

Were BB and LiB really originally released in mono?
That might be worth having remastered....

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:36am
if they are smart they will make less than 10 copies.....I mean really....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 3:13pm
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:36am:
if they are smart they will make less than 10 copies.....I mean really....

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 8:52pm
Tha Japanese versión

The Rolling Stones In Mono [7-inch Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP)] [SHM-CD] [Limited Release]

SHM-CD box set release from The Rolling Stones includes the 14 original albums (mono tracks) released by the band in the 60's plus a bonus disc with 24 rare tracks. Japanese edition exclusively features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format, 7-inch cardboard sleeve artworks, and obis faithfully replicating the obis with the first pressing Japanese LPs. Features mono tracks, alternate mix tracks, and cover artworks approved by ABKCO Records. All the original album tracks are remastered in 2016, using the original mono tapes. The bonus disc includes "As Tears GOes By (Italian version)." Comes with a 48-page booklet, including lyrics and descriptions.

[Details in Cover Artwork]

[CD1 / The Rolling Stones] Surface-coated & flipback cover faithfully replicating its first pressing UK LP
[CD2 / 12 X 5] Cover faithfully replicating its first pressing US LP
[CD3 / The Rolling Stones No. 2] Surface-coated & flipback cover faithfully replicating its first pressing UK LP
[CD4 / The Rolling Stones, Now!] Cover faithfully replicating its first pressing US LP
[CD5 / Out of Our Heads] Cover faithfully replicating its first pressing US LP
[CD6 / Out of Our Heads (UK Version)] Surface-coated & flipback cover faithfully replicating its first pressing UK LP
[CD7 / December's Children] Cover faithfully replicating its first pressing US LP
[CD8 / Aftermath (First-to-CD Release] Surface-coated (shadow) cover faithfully replicating its first pressing UK LP
[CD9 / Aftermath (US Version) (First-to-CD release)] Cover faithfully replicating its first pressing US LP
[CD10 / Between the Buttons (UK Version) (First-to-CD Release)] Surface-coated & flipback cover faithfully replicating its first pressing UK LP
[CD11 / Flowers (First-to-CD Release)] Cover faithfully replicating its first pressing US LP
[CD12 / Their Satanic Majesties Request (First-to-CD Release)] Gatefold cover faithfully replicating its first pressing US LP (incl. custom inner sleeve)
[CD13 / Beggars Banquet (First-to-CD Release)] Gatefold cover ("toilet" cover) faithfully replicating its first pressing US LP
[CD14 / Let It Bleed (First-to-CD Release)] Surface-coated cover faithfully replicating its first pressing UK LP (incl. custom inner sleeve & poster)
[CD15 / Stray Cats (Bonus Disc)] Surface-coated cover (gatefold) replicating an invitation of "Beggars Banquet."

This is from my dealers in the far east, CD Japan

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-77710?utm_source=MAIL&utm_medium=text-arti...

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #7 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:07pm
That's a lot of "faith" in that description...yet no lenticular cover faithfully replicated for TSMR.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #8 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 8:28pm
[Details Revealed] The Rolling Stones Ultimate MONO Box w/ 7-inch Mini LP x SHM-CD

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/rolling_stones_mono_box_minilp_shmcd?utm_medium...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)