Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 894,349 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Bullcrap inside
Reply #4525 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 2:53pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I'm voting for The Rock.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4526 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 4:28pm
Some Guy wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 2:53pm:
I'm voting for The Rock.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4527 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 9:29pm
Some Guy wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 7:51am:
Joey, what about the impeachment?

http://www.lbjlibrary.org/lyndon-baines-johnson/perspectives-and-essays/the-lbj-...

|
|
|
|
|
V

" He spoke of the basic goals of those programs—“to put food in peoples’ stomachs and clothes on their backs … all the education their minds can take … and all the health their bodies can get from modern knowledge. Food for your stomach, clothes for your back, education and training and skill for your mind, and health for your body.”

He paused and looked squarely into the faces of his audience and asked: “Is anything more fundamental?”

There wasn’t a sound in the room. "

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2019 at 4:21pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4528 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 9:37pm

" When it comes to counting votes , do not tell me what you think    ----- tell me what you KNOW ! "   ( LBJ , 1954 ) .

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2019 at 11:24am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4529 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 9:49pm

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2019 at 4:45pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4530 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 8:52am
Impeachment- it's not just for blowjobs.

We're blowing whistles, Ronnie.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4531 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 9:05am
Joey, the whole thing stinks to high heaven.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4532 - Sep 30th, 2019 at 9:00pm

« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2019 at 9:08am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4533 - Sep 30th, 2019 at 9:11pm

<  --------------  Some Guy   ?!  ........... !!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/jonah-goldberg-little-doubt-he-did-it-but-should-t...

" Jonah Goldberg: Little doubt he did it, but should Trump be impeached? "

" Here's a take no one will like: I'm confident he did it. I'm confident it's impeachable. I'm just not so sure he should be impeached for it.

Let's start at the top. It's obvious to me that President Trump pressured the Ukrainian government to launch a probe of former Vice President Joe Biden in order to tarnish the image of the Democrat best positioned to defeat him in 2020.

In the rough transcript of his conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Trump says America has been very good to Ukraine, but he wants the relationship to be more "reciprocal." Zelensky agrees and asks for more anti-tank missiles to deter ongoing Russian military aggression. Trump responds by asking for a two-part "favor."

First, he asks Zelensky to look into the 2016 hacking of the Democratic National Committee's servers (a crazy request, but whatever). Then, Trump mentions "the other thing" he wants.

"There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution, and a lot of people want to find out about that, so whatever you can do with the attorney general would be great," Trump says.

The context matters as much as the text. Trump had already blocked the transfer of congressionally approved military aid. Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer, had been hectoring the Ukrainians for months to go after Biden (and it remains his singular obsession even now). Giuliani even admitted it last May in an interview with the New York Times. He said he was lobbying the Ukrainians to investigate Biden because "that information will be very, very helpful to my client."

And that's why Trump asked Zelensky to work with Giuliani.

There's more context as well. There were reportedly other calls in which Trump importuned the Ukrainians this way. Trump's explanation for why he froze the military aid to Ukraine in the first place keeps changing. Last Monday he said he blocked it out of concern over Ukrainian corruption (the only corruption in the world he's passionate about, apparently). Last Tuesday he said the real reason was that he wanted our allies to pony up even more money for the government he claimed was too corrupt for our aid in the first place.

Normally you'd think an inadvertent confession would settle things. But when Trump said of his call with Ukraine, "There was no pressure put on them whatsoever. But there was pressure put on with respect to Joe Biden," the assumption was that he misspoke.

We also learned Thursday that the "whistleblower" alleges the White House took extraordinary measures to hide the transcript of the call, which, if true, suggests wiser heads understood that the conversation crossed a line.

Regardless, I think Trump did it. I think it's obvious he did it. I think as more facts come to light, it will become even more obvious he did it. I also think it's obvious that this is an impeachable offense.

However, that doesn't mean I'm persuaded he must be impeached over it.

Impeachment doesn't mean "removal from office." It's the political equivalent of a grand jury indictment, with the House fully empowered to impeach any action it deems impeachable. It's up to the Senate to decide whether a president should be removed.

The Federalist Papers are clear: Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one. Illegal acts are surely impeachable, but not all impeachable acts are illegal. If the president stood on the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office and shouted obscenities on national television while dancing in the nude, that would be impeachable but not illegal (FCC violations notwithstanding).

Impeachment is ultimately a question of whether a president violated the public trust. But there's nothing in the Constitution that says a president must be impeached for violating the public trust. I can list any number of occasions when presidents have done that and it never even occurred to anyone that they should be impeached for it.

It's a prudential question with good arguments on both sides. If I were Nancy Pelosi, I'd be even more torn than she's clearly been. In the modern era, we've never had the drama of an impeachment process in a president's first term or in the run-up to a re-election. We've never had a lot of things that we've had under Trump.

Absent new facts, the GOP-controlled Senate will not remove Trump. The president would claim "exoneration," and his behavior would become normalized for future presidents. So I'm not sure Democrats are right to pursue impeachment. I'm sure Republicans are wrong to pretend that what Trump did was totally fine. "

« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2019 at 10:55am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4534 - Sep 30th, 2019 at 9:20pm

<  ---------------   ' young joeykins , do the democrats have the votes to convict  ?  '   :

The DEMS  (  ' The DIMS ! ' ) are like the ' Dallas '  Character Cliff Barnes   ....... they just keep getting Dumber and Dumber  . Even Trump's Angels are smiling :

( Angel Rebecca Ballhaus  [ Pronounced  : ' Ball House ' ]  ; Angel Nicole Hong  ; Angel Rebecca Davis O'Brien  )  .
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2019 at 2:56pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #4535 - Oct 1st, 2019 at 11:58am
Trump supporters
“No regerts”

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4536 - Oct 1st, 2019 at 1:19pm
Anyone heard from Jackass Joe lately ??

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4537 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 6:31pm
Trump is fucking up.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4538 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 4:58am
Some Guy wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 6:31pm:
Trump is fucking up.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4539 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 6:51am
Edith Grove wrote on Oct 3rd, 2019 at 4:58am:
Trump is fucking up.

Fake News

« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2019 at 6:55am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4540 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 8:47pm

https://nypost.com/2019/10/02/goodwin-trump-talks-impeachment-dems-and-de-blasio
-in-interview/

" Goodwin: Trump talks impeachment, Dems and de Blasio in interview   . "

" His enemies are divided only in the sense that some want to lock him up now while others want a trial first. So why is President Trump so cheerful?

“We just got great news from California, a judge ruled for us,” he said, referring to a decision blocking a state law that aimed at keeping Trump off the ballot unless he made his tax returns public.

The president said a “breaking news” alert had “me holding my breath because I know it’s going to be about me. They’re always about me.” We both laughed.

That was the start of my Tuesday night phone interview. It was 10 p.m. and the president, who sees sleep as a waste of time, seemed very energized despite the relentless onslaught and long days. He admitted he was feeling good, joking that “it must be a personality defect.”

“It sounds strange to say I’m energized, but I love it, I love it,” he said of the daily combat with Democrats and the media. “These people are so corrupt. They’re cons, all they want to do is win the election.”

I had called him because I wanted to know whether he and his team were prepared for the daily barrage of accusations coming from Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Rep. Adam Schiff and others. I pointed out that whatever Pelosi’s initial hesitancy, she is now all-in on impeachment and attacks are also aimed at Attorney General Bill Barr and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

Is the president setting up a war room to defend himself and his aides for the hot battles ahead?

“No, no war room,” Trump said quickly. “I’ve got very good people, good lawyers, good White House counsel.”

He said the issue first came up “when the idiot governor from California, you can quote me, sued me over the tax returns, and people asked about a war room then. We didn’t need one.”

He also compared the current situation to the Russia collusion drama.

“Russia was much more complicated and after two and a half years and after they spent $42 million, there was no collusion, no obstruction, they got nothing, so I think we’re going to keep doing it the way we’re doing it.”

To be clear, this was no Alfred E. Neuman “What, me worry?” nonchalance. To judge from his Twitter account alone, Trump recognizes the stakes, as he fires off tweetstorms almost daily.

Yet his energy isn’t all anger. Over the course of 20 minutes or so, he talked about three big reasons why he’s actually optimistic about his situation. If he has any fear of being impeached and removed from office, I didn’t hear it.

The first thing he’s banking on is the economy. “The country is doing very well,” he said, a reference to record-low unemployment and the high stock market, which has been wobbly lately.

Second, he believes Dems are deluding themselves in trying to impeach him on the basis of his phone call with the president of Ukraine.

“It’s not a crime, nothing I said was wrong,” Trump insisted. “The whistleblower was totally inaccurate about the call, and it’s all second- and third-hand. It’s a fraud, a hoax, it’s a witch hunt.”

He was just getting warmed up.

“These people are trying to destroy our country, they’re sick, there’s something wrong with them,” Trump said. He repeated his complaint about Schiff making up his own dialogue when supposedly quoting from the transcript of the phone call at last week’s hearing.

“He quoted the president of the United States in a fraudulent manner, he made the entire thing up,” Trump said. “He couldn’t quote me because there was nothing to quote … he just made the whole thing up, he’s sick.”

Schiff, who defended his fictional rendition as “parody,” is, ironically, part of the third reason for Trump’s optimism. He cites the “tremendous response” among his supporters, saying they are motivated by the attacks coming from Democrats and the media.

“I see the fundraising, it’s the biggest ever,” Trump said, mentioning the record $125 million take for his campaign and the Republican National Committee.

Politico reports that the re-election effort raised $8.5 million online in just the first two days after Pelosi announced the impeachment push, and got 50,000 new small donors. It says the GOP now has $156 million on hand, more than double what ­President Barack Obama and the Democratic ­National Committee had at the same point before the 2012 election.

Trump was especially proud of the surge of small donors, noting that Republicans never had much success among that group.

He also is optimistic because he got a call from a group of evangelical pastors who told him their flocks, a bedrock of his support, are more united and determined than ever to give him four more years.

Finally, I asked whether it was still possible for him to work with Pelosi on legislation of any kind.

“It’s always hard to work with somebody that’s fraudulently doing things,” he said. “The whole thing is a fraud.”

He again mentioned the transcript of the Ukraine call, saying the speaker “never saw it” until after making her impeachment decision. “She had read only the fake whistleblower complaint, which I think she got in advance because it’s collusion.”

On that, I am in total agreement. Dems, I believe, not only had the complaint, they probably helped to prepare it. The legal citations are a giveaway, as are the many leaks to the anti-Trump media in the days before the complaint became public.

Indeed, in shades of the 2016 FBI-CIA spying on Trump, the inspector general said the CIA agent making the complaint shows “arguable political bias.” What a shock.

With that, the interview was over, but the president had a final thought. “How is my New York?” he asked, then quickly caught himself to add, “Oh, you got a crummy mayor.”

He mocked Bill de Blasio, noting he had dropped out of the presidential race after registering zero in most polls.

“How do you get zero,” Trump chuckled. “I mean, can’t you at least one or two points? But he got zero!”

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2019 at 11:05am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4541 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 8:52pm

<  ------------   Some Guy   ?!   ...... !!!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/ben-shapiro-democrats-need-stronger-evidence-if-th...

" Ben Shapiro: Democrats need stronger evidence if they want to proceed. "

" President Trump is a bull in a china shop. He says inadvisable things to inadvisable people, mainly because he is inadvisable -- literally no one can advise him. The vast majority of things Trump says are ignored or brushed off by those who understand the difference between bloviation and manipulation. Still, Trump's constant stream of noise can make it difficult to tell the difference between the two.

So when an intelligence community whistleblower came forward with an allegation that, on a call with the Ukrainian president, Trump proposed a quid pro quo with the Ukrainian government -- release of military aid in exchange for a Ukrainian investigation into Joe Biden and son Hunter Biden -- the allegation didn't appear absurd on its face. The timeline, after all, seemed to match up: Trump allegedly suspended military aid to Ukraine personally a week before talking with the Ukrainian president, only to release the aid after the holdup was met with public scrutiny.

Then, the Trump administration released a transcript of the call, in which Trump used the typical New York real estate wheeler-dealer language of favors: favors related to investigations surrounding CrowdStrike, the firm tasked with analyzing the hack of the Democratic National Committee in 2016, an investigation that concluded with allegations of Russian interference; favors related to helping Rudy Giuliani investigate the origins of the 2016 Trump-Russia investigation; favors related to investigating the Bidens. The theory seemed to be gaining credibility.

Then it seemed to fall apart. It turned out that the Ukrainian government apparently had no clue that Trump was even withholding military aid -- and without such a quid, there couldn't be a pro quo. The Ukrainian president publicly proclaimed that Trump hadn't pressured him. The whistleblower report turned out to be third-hand gossip rather than first-hand information. And allegations of a cover-up imploded as the Trump administration released information ranging from the transcript to the whistleblower report itself.

And so, Democrats have begun to move the goalposts. Now Democrats are claiming that the State Department is engaged in obstruction, just minutes after claiming that Trump's Department of Justice had engaged in obstruction. Democrats allege that Trump's behavior -- without allegations of criminal conduct -- is enough to justify impeachment. Now, after Trump predictably took to Twitter to rail against the whistleblower and the Democrats, Democrats claim his behavior amounts to "witness intimidation."

As the grounds for the impeachment inquiry broaden, it's becoming clear that the Democrats' enthusiasm for impeachment outweighed their supporting evidence. They leapt before they looked -- and now they're trying to backfill an impeachment inquiry that must end with an impeachment vote or lay bare the emptiness of the original attacks themselves.

Perhaps Democrats will come up with something. That's always possible, given the amount of leaking and loose talk around the White House. But barring some sort of cataclysmic revelation, the impeachment effort seems to be stalling out. And based on the current evidence, it should. "

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2019 at 10:21am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4542 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 9:01pm

We Never Get Tired of Winning  .......... WIN !!!!   ..... WIN !!!!  .......... WIN !    ..... Drinks are on Young Joey Tonight  ...............   AGAIN !!!!!!!!! Smiley   ..... I Can Not Take All Of This Winning  !!!! :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4OBMDeWwAE0HHg.jpg

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2019 at 2:43pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #4543 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 11:55am
Trump is fucking up.

looks photoshopped to me....but how many pictures of the Trumpster golfing with unsavory folks could we view and still wonder....golfing isn't a crime...just a dereliction of duty

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4544 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 3:28pm
gimmekeef wrote on Oct 4th, 2019 at 11:55am:
Trump is fucking up.

looks photoshopped to me....but how many pictures of the Trumpster golfing with unsavory folks could we view and still wonder....golfing isn't a crime...just a dereliction of duty

Some of the "best" deals take place on the golf course.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4545 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 4:18pm
Some Guy ?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4546 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 4:23pm
gimmekeef ?

« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2019 at 7:01pm by Edith Grove »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4547 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 8:42pm

<  ------------  Some Guy   ?!   .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/david-ignatius-a-top-syrian-kurd-commander-pleads-...

" David Ignatius: A top Syrian Kurd commander pleads for U.S. support . "

" WASHINGTON -- The commander of Syrian Kurdish forces didn't use the word "betrayal." But with U.S. troops withdrawing from the Turkish-Syrian border and Turkish troops poised to attack, he warned Monday morning that a bloodbath could be ahead -- and pleaded for continued U.S. support.

Gen. Mazloum Abdi, the commander of the Kurdish-led militia known as the Syrian Democratic Forces, said in a telephone interview from his headquarters inside Syria that Turkish troops "are preparing to cross the border" and that a major assault could come in "a matter of days."

The Kurdish commander's pleas that America not abandon an ally struck a chord Monday in a Washington that is whipsawed by President Donald Trump's increasing practice of diplomacy by impulse and whim. Even Senate Republicans who usually acquiesce in Trump's policies were vocal Monday in protesting Trump's move to abandon our Syrian Kurdish allies, who did most of the fighting and dying against the Islamic State.

This latest chapter of the Syrian horror story followed a White House announcement late Sunday night that President Trump was, in effect, leaving the border unprotected in the face of a possible Turkish attack, despite repeated U.S. pledges over the past three months that the United States would seek to forestall such an assault if the Kurds pulled back troops and heavy weapons from the border zone.

Mazloum told me that U.S. forces had withdrawn from observation posts along the frontier but remain in major SDF garrisons, such as Kobani. A knowledgeable U.S. source said that about 1,000 U.S. troops are now in the country and that the goal of the withdrawal was "getting out of the way" of any Turkish attack, rather than quitting Syria entirely and immediately.

Mazloum said he was sending "thousands" from his total force, which he estimated at 70,000, north toward the border to defend Kurdish areas. He said that despite Turkey's superior firepower, "it will be a big battle," with the risk of significant bloodshed.

The Syrian Kurdish commander said the real danger was that Turkish forces would attempt "ethnic cleansing" -- evicting Kurds from their ancestral lands in northeast Syria and installing Syrian Arab refugees who have been living in camps in Turkey since the Syrian civil war began.

"If ethnic cleansing happens in our area, or they kill Kurds and bring Arabs in, this will be the U.S.'s responsibility," Mazloum said, speaking through a translator. At another point, the normally unemotional Mazloum spoke of the danger of "genocide" against the Kurds.

The U.S. retreat under Turkish threats of invasion shocks the Kurds (and U.S. members of Congress) in part because the SDF was such a stalwart ally of the United States in the campaign to destroy the Islamic State. Mazloum told me in an interview in Kobani in July that his forces had suffered 11,000 killed and 24,000 wounded in fighting the Islamic State since 2014. U.S. deaths in that campaign were fewer than 10.

"We are asking President Trump to keep his promise" to preserve safety and security for Kurdish allies, Mazloum said. He asked U.S. policymakers "to stop this decision and stop the Turkish attack." He said that abandoning the Kurds "is hurting U.S. interests and reputation. It's not acting according to American principles."

One devastating consequence of a Turkish invasion is that it might allow hardened Islamic State fighters now in prisons controlled by the SDF to escape and resume their terrorist attacks. Mazloum told me in July that these prisons are holding 2,500 foreign fighters, including about 1,000 Europeans, in addition to 3,000 Iraqis. "There is a possibility that because of lack of security, they will be out of control, and escape," Mazloum warned Monday.

Mazloum scoffed at Sunday night's White House statement that the Islamic State prison camps would be protected by Turkish forces, noting that the foreign fighters had initially entered Syria through a porous Turkish border.

I've talked with Mazloum a half-dozen times over the past few years, sometimes in person amid the sun-beaten fields of northeast Syria. He's a hard man in a hard country, but he decided to trust the United States five years ago, as we began the war against the Islamic State. Now, as his commanders complain bitterly about the unreliability of American promises, he must wonder why he was so accommodating

The United States has had other moments when it abandoned allies for domestic political reasons. But history is likely to record Trump's apparent decision to sacrifice the Kurds as a particularly egregious example of presidential disdain for the moral consequences of foreign policy choices. "

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2019 at 8:43am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4548 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 8:51pm

<  -------------  GIMMEKEEF   ?!  .... !!!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/cal-thomas-democrats-twilight-zone/article_3b48af4...

" Cal Thomas: Democrats' Twilight Zone .  "

" A 1961 "Twilight Zone" episode starred Peter Falk as a Central American revolutionary whose paranoia eventually leads to his destruction. The dictator he has deposed tells him about a mirror given to him by "an old woman," a mirror that will show him who's plotting to assassinate him. The revolutionary soon sees enemies everywhere and begins to unravel, picking off his comrades one by one, believing they are out to get him.

Fantasy, sure. But President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence could use such a mirror to reveal those partisan forces attempting to carry out political assassination on the entire Trump administration.

The latest assault comes from another anonymous "whistleblower," who told the Washington Post that a Treasury Department official appointed by Trump sought to interfere with an audit of the tax returns of the president "or" vice president. Doesn't that sound vague? On Sunday, the attorney for the first whistleblower told ABC News he is representing a second whistleblower who has "firsthand" knowledge of the president's call to the president of Ukraine.

The first anonymous whistleblower has tentatively agreed to meet with congressional lawmakers, according to CNN, on the condition that his or her legal counsel is cleared to accompany the whistleblower to the meeting. No word yet on the second whistleblower's conditions.

This is all political theater and bad theater at that. Democrats are going through the motions of impeachment, hoping to thwart the president's re-election. They know the Senate is unlikely to convict him should impeachment articles be approved. It's all about pleasing their base and fundraising, which both sides are doing. This is one of many reasons Congress' approval ratings remain low.

Ruslan Ryaboshapka, Ukraine's new general prosecutor, told Reuters that he was not aware of any evidence of wrongdoing by the son of former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden but that he would be reviewing criminal cases opened by his predecessor, including some that could relate to the Ukrainian gas company Burisma, a natural gas company that paid Hunter Biden.

If John Durham, the Connecticut prosecutor tapped by Attorney General William Barr to look into the origin of the phony Russian collusion probe, comes up with facts that lead to the indictment of anti-Trump Democrats, will that make any difference to those smearing the president? It might in public opinion, which Democrats are trying to shape against the president, but probably not to the real conspirators and colluders, except perhaps some lower-level types. The Establishment always protects its own. Could it be possible that Democrats are rapidly pursuing the impeachment inquiry to soften any blows that might come from Durham's report?

That the president had to suggest that Ukrainian and even Chinese leaders look into Hunter Biden's possible corrupt activity is its own indictment of the anti-Trump media, Obama administration holdovers and career prosecutors.

The conservative organization Judicial Watch has been relentless in its pursuit of collusion by anti-Trump actors. It has released 145 pages of communications between former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and others which it says include a one-line email to special counsel Robert Mueller. It said, "The boss and his staff do not know about our discussions." The communication included "off the record" emails with major media outlets around the time of Mueller's appointment and "show that Rosenstein did not dispassionately go along with the fraudulent probe in an attempt to get at the truth, but was an active participant in the deep state coup, secretly plotting with other FBI and DOJ officials against the president of the United States."

Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton said, "the astonishing emails further confirm the dishonest corruption behind Rosenstein's appointment of Robert Mueller. The emails also show a shockingly cozy relationship between Mr. Rosenstein and anti-Trump media reporters."

If true, why is that shocking, given the nonstop media assault on Donald Trump even before he took office? Their goal has been to impeach him or damage him sufficiently so a Democrat will win the White House next November.

More facts will emerge that undermine the Democrats' narrative, but it won't matter to anti-Trumpers. They live in the Twilight Zone. "

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2019 at 10:59am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4549 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 8:57pm

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/722.Robert_A_Caro

“But although the cliche says that power always corrupts, what is seldom said ... is that power always reveals. When a man is climbing, trying to persuade others to give him power, concealment is necessary. ... But as a man obtains more power, camouflage becomes less necessary.”
― Robert A. Caro, The Passage of Power

“The most important thing a man has to tell you is what he’s not telling you,” he said. “The most important thing he has to say is what he’s trying not to say.”
― Robert A. Caro, Master of the Senate
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2019 at 9:37am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)